PDA

View Full Version : Time for Preston to resign one of his two jobs??

canes77
12-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Should Preston resign his coaching position and stick simply as the GM??

The Canes are showing no improvement anymore...Preston shows no emotion on the bench, especially during a horribly officiated game...and he seems burnt out during interviews and in person.

The positives are that Preston has made some very good moves/trades in the past 6 months in his GM chair...and that Associate Coach Kabayama does show emotion (when needed) and knows the players much better than Preston does. Kabayama has coached in the WHL for the past 3+ years, a league much different than it was in the mid-1990's.

Is it time to let Kabayama and Chisamore (who's worked for Hockey Canada) take over on the bench and let Preston move upstairs with Sutter??

What are your thoughts?? Is it too early to make a move??

shushu
12-20-2009, 04:32 AM
Should Preston resign his coaching position and stick simply as the GM??

The Canes are showing no improvement anymore...Preston shows no emotion on the bench, especially during a horribly officiated game...and he seems burnt out during interviews and in person.

The positives are that Preston has made some very good moves/trades in the past 6 months in his GM chair...and that Associate Coach Kabayama does show emotion (when needed) and knows the players much better than Preston does. Kabayama has coached in the WHL for the past 3+ years, a league much different than it was in the mid-1990's.

Is it time to let Kabayama and Chisamore (who's worked for Hockey Canada) take over on the bench and let Preston move upstairs with Sutter??

What are your thoughts?? Is it too early to make a move??

this year was a mess and NO ONE would be able to turn it around over night..so give the man a chance to see what he can do......he did well in regina and was a assistant coach under sutter and iron mike in the nhl..............rich deserves the time to turn this team around......

Bocephus
12-20-2009, 09:50 AM
is for PG to put on their big boy pants and pass us in the standings so we can draft Alex Forsberg.
http://www.smaaahl.com/leagues/stats_hockey.cfm?leagueID=9165&clientID=3433

caniac # 2
12-20-2009, 12:16 PM
is for PG to put on their big boy pants and pass us in the standings so we can draft Alex Forsberg.
http://www.smaaahl.com/leagues/stats_hockey.cfm?leagueID=9165&clientID=3433

What about fiddler? his numbers are much better or is he drafted already? vc1tt

Bocephus
12-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Fiddler is 2 years older than Forsberg. Forsberg is 14 and playing Midget already.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-20-2009, 01:38 PM
I think they leave it as is for the rest of this year and re-assess everything over the summer. You are right though in that Preston does seem a little worse for wear these days. Being coach and GM does allow him first hand knowledge of what he has and what he needs to do to move forward. So far I think he has done a decent job as GM. As far as his coaching goes, the results are hard to read. Until this weekend we were a goal here or there away from winning a lot of games and being a lot higher in the standings than we are. With the average or less talent we have are those acceptable results? I for one am not sure.
Plus let's face it. We are probably going to be as bad or worse next year so a new coach may just get blown out of the water. Then we are back to the revolving door of coaches we have had so much of in the past. If Preston can deal with the pressure of both jobs, let him stay behind the bench for a year or two.On the other hand Preston could see the writing on the wall. He could throw Kabyama to the wolves and let Mat take the losses for the next year and a half. Preston could then go back behind the bench when we should start to become competative again.

longtimejrfan
12-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Fiddler is Tiger property. Played last night against the Hitmen.

scrawny69
12-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Really if he were to resign the coaching job would Matt be the guy to put in charge.....He is allready in charge of the defense and we can all witness how good he is at that!! Our Defense is SOFT....really how many times do we see players from the other team standing in front of our net with absolutly no one clearing them out EVER!!! I for one Question Kabayama's ability to coach the defense...Was he even a defenseman when he played?? As much as I also enjoy the fact he shows al little emotion on the bench I feel he is the one who should go and maybe let this Chisamore guy coach the defense or dare I say it..bring Sutter down to the bench to bring a little emotion to the boys!!

vc178vc178