PDA

View Full Version : Game 37-Hitmen 4 at Tigers 6

Hitmen1
12-20-2009, 09:45 AM
The Hitmen were looking to run their point streak to 10 games last night but it wasn't meant to be. The Medicine Hat Tigers took over in the 2nd period and never looked back for a 6-4 win over the Hitmen.

I didn't see or listen to the game so my comments are based on what I have read from other sites. It appears once again that the Hitmen started off well, played a decent 30 minutes or so and then the usual stop skating, get frustrated kicked in again. Against Medicine Hat, the Hitmen are going to have to play 60 minutes because the Tigers have too much scoring power play to sit back. The power play was ineffective again last night and is now in a 0 for 17 slump.

1. CAL Fiddler, (17) (Fisenko), 11:07
1. CAL Broda, (20) (Fiddler, Nyren), 16:12
1. M.H Kessy, (6) (MacKay, Etem), 19:10
2. M.H Etem, (27) (Kessy, MacKay), 5:23
2. M.H Gal, (11) (Kundratek), 10:15
2. M.H Coyle, (7) (Gal, Isherwood), 11:02 (PP)
2. M.H Kessy, (7) (Etem, MacKay), 19:19
3. M.H Gal, (12) (Frazer, Isherwood), 17:33 (EN)
3. CAL MacKenzie, (3) (Fisenko, Schaber), 18:04
3. CAL Fiddler, (18) (Fisenko, Schaber), 18:25

Just some other comments, being a Red Deer Rebel season ticket holder I get to see Willie Coetzee play. The more I watch him the more I would like to have him on the Hitmen. He is not the biggest kid but he can skate, has a heck of a shot. The Rebels could very well want to move him because he won't return next season as I believe he signed with the Red Wings. I think he would be an excellent fit on the Hitmen's second line. The Hitmen are missing one top end defenseman and one top 6 forward in my opinion. The problem is, would the Rebels and Hitmen hook up in a trade?

Happy Holidays everyone.

Razz
12-20-2009, 03:40 PM
It was one of the better games I have seen in years. High Intensity. Could of went either way. Tigers had a few bounces and the puck went in for them. Calgary was missing Kozun and Jones though. Tigers have played their younger guys quite generously in key situations and its starting to pay off. They gain respect confidence and trust mutually utilizing a full bench game in game out. Willie Desjardins and the coaching staff are consistent & do a fabulous job with the player development. Exciting to watch as they are quick and have a skilled team attack. If they stay out of the sin bin and the 17 yr old goalie Bunz keeps playing consistantly, look out in the playoffs because they are getting better as the season moves along.