PDA

View Full Version : Tips 2005 Bantam Draft Picks

Tipped Off
05-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Kristi is going to post each pick as it becomes available on 5/5/2005. She's also going to post any information about the player she can dig up. Feel free to post the information elsewhere (on other boards/forums, etc...) just be sure to give credit where credit is due (to Kristi for doing the research).

Kristi
05-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Everett will have the 10th pick overall in the Bantam Draft and subsequent picks each round. If everything goes as one of the mock drafts I have seen the Silvertips will take

Blaine Tendler
6'2" 190

23-11-23-34-16

a defenseman from Saskatchewan He is currently at Notre Dame College playing AAA Bantam(produced Silvertips Mitch Love and Alex Leavitt).

We will see on that one. Some other mock drafts have him as a #3 pick.

We have to have a place on our 50 man PPL list to draft any bantam players. Obviously gone are our 3 OA's as well as Riley Armstrong and Jeff Schmidt so there are 5 spots right there. So we can draft at least 5 players without losing any of our current 50 man PPL (minus the 5 I mentioned).

Tipped Off
05-04-2005, 11:28 AM
I would think we could drop Baranka as well. That would be 6

Tipped Off
05-04-2005, 11:30 AM
According the this article, Tendler won't go in the top three. Should be interesting.

B.C. players at head of the class
Colten Teubert expected to be No. 1 pick
Stephen Snelgrove
Vancouver Sun
May 4, 2005
CREDIT: Ian Lindsay, Vancouver Sun

Colten Teubert is going to make Western Hockey League history on Thursday, a full year before he's even eligible to play in the league on a full-time basis.

When the Regina Pats select the 15-year-old defenceman with the No. 1 pick in the WHL bantam draft it will mark the third time in four years that a player from B.C. has gone first overall. It will also kickstart a chain of events that could see B.C. players go one-two-three in the draft for the first time since its inception in 1998.

The Swift Current Broncos and Prince George Cougars have the second and third picks Thursday and are expected to follow the Pats' lead and draft players from B.C. The Broncos are expected to take Abbotsford forward Geordie Wudrick at No. 2, while Salmon Arm's Tyler Shattock or Kelowna's Kyle Beach should go third.

"There are some real good players in B.C., the top end guys are very good and I think any of the teams in the league would be very happy to have any of them," said Swift Current director of player personnel Elden Moberg.

Teubert, from White Rock, is the cream of this year's crop as his size, competitiveness and skating ability have set him apart from the rest of the 1990-born players in Western Canada and the U.S. For much of the year the first pick seemed to be a toss up between him and Beach, but a head-to-head matchup in St. Albert seemed to swing most people over to the Teubert camp.

"That was the day that everybody pretty much learned who Colten Teubert was, I guess," said Teubert. "I used my stick a lot, knocked a lot of guys down. It was a pretty horrific game. I'm surprised I didn't take any penalties."

But he did turn a lot of heads, earning him the opportunity to join Ryan Kerr (Prince George, 2004), Gilbert Brule (Vancouver, 2002) and Ryan Hollweg (Medicine Hat, 1999) as first-overall picks from B.C.

Wudrick, who should go right after Teubert, is perhaps the best forward available in the draft. The 6-2, 180 pounder, has seen his stock rise tremendously in the last few weeks thanks to solid performances at the Abbotsford International Bantam Tournament and the B.C. Best Ever in Salmon Arm.

Wudrick had the winning goal in both tournaments, completing his hat trick with 51 seconds left as Abbotsford beat a Russian squad to win their home tournament. He did it again a couple of weeks later, again with 51 seconds remaining on the clock, as Zone 3 won the Best Ever tournament.

"Swift Current would be a nice place for me to play," said Wudrick. "I have lots of family in Saskatchewan so that would be good. I'm just overwhelmed and excited by it all. It's exciting that all of these teams are interested and want to talk to me. But it doesn't matter to me where I get drafted."

Regardless of the order, it's guaranteed to be a great year for B.C. prospects.

"Every year the top-end talent seems to be coming out of B.C. I don't know what they are doing there, whether it's the number of rinks, the weather or a matter of money. but they are doing a great job of developing players with skill," said Todd Ripplinger, head scout for the Regina Pats.

TOP 5 B.C. PROSPECTS:

The Regina Pats could kick-start history at the Western Hockey League draft on Thursday. They'll take Semiahmoos' Colten Teubert with the No. 1 pick in a draft that could see B.C. players chosen first, second and third. Here's a look at the province's top prospects:

1 Colten Teubert Defence Semiahmoo 6-4, 180 lbs

Scouts say: Teubert is a lock to go first overall to the Regina Pats, who adore everything that he brings to the table. A Chris Pronger-type of defenceman, Teubert is an outstanding skater who loves to play physically.

2 Geordie Wudrick Forward Abbotsford 6-2, 175 lbs

Scouts say: Skilled forward who will fill out physically in the next few years. An extremely hard worker, Wudrick has good hands, but must learn to finish his checks. Has a knack for scoring the big goals.

3 Tyler Shattock Forward Salmon Arm 6-2, 190 lbs

Scouts say: There was initial concern over whether Shattock would choose to go the college route and forego the WHL. Those fears seem to have been alleviated and this power forward will go high in Thursday's draft. Strong skater with good hands.

4 Kyle Beach Forward Kelowna 6-3, 190 lbs

Scouts say: A raw talent with a pro-type body, Beach has all the physical tools and has the ability to control the game, but must work on keeping his emotions in check. Could turn into a gem with the right coach at the WHL level.

5 Mike Reddington Defence NSWC 6-0, 195 lbs

Scouts say: Reddington can do it all. A skilled defenceman, Reddington thinks the game as well as anyone in his age group. Excellent shot from the point and a good skater. Reddington was probably the best WHL prospect on a loaded North Shore Winter Club team that won Western Canadians.

Honourable mention: Mike Clements, D, South Delta;

Ian Curtis, G, Abbotsford; Thomas Frazee, D, NSWC; Jason Grecica, F, Cloverdale; Trevor Hamaguch, F, Richmond;

Martin Jones, G, NSWC; Mitch Labreche, F, Nelson; Derek Lee, F, NSWC; Brandon McMillan, F, South Delta.

Source: Compiled by Stephen Snelgrove

Ran with fact box "Top 5 B.C. Prospects", which has been appended to the end of the story.

© The Vancouver Sun 2005

Kristi
05-04-2005, 03:08 PM
More Draft info........from Alan on the WHL list:

Here's a quick (and alphabetical) list of
some of the names that are perhaps likely to be called in the first round:

Kyle Beach - Forward, 6'2", 190lb. Kelowna Rockets AAA bantam
Matt Belich - Forward, 5'11", 170lb. Red Deer Rebels AAA bantam
Ian Curtis - Goaltender, 6'3", 190lb. Abbotsford Hawks AAA bantam
Jason Grecica - Forward, 6'2", 185lb. Cloverdale Colts AAA bantam
Dale Hunt - Forward, 6'0", 185lb. MacDonald Lightning "A" bantam
Eric Mestery - Defence, 6'4", 170lb. Winnipeg Sharks AAA bantam
Brayden Metz - Forward, 6'0", 160lb. Regina Rangers AA bantam
Mike Reddington - Defence, 6'0", 195lb. North Shore Winter Club AAA bantam
Rylan Schwartz - Forward, 5'9", 170lb. Notre Dame Hounds AA bantam
Tyler Shattock - Forward, 6'2", 190lb. Salmon Arm AAA bantam
Blaine Tendler - Defence, 6'1", 190lb. Notre Dame Hounds AA bantam
Colten Teubert - Defence, 6'4", 180lb. Semiahmoo Ravens AAA bantam
David Toews - Forward, 5'10", 170lb. Shattuck-St. Mary's AAA bantam
Jordan Trach - Forward, 6'0", 190lb. Battlefords Stars AAA midget
Mitch Wahl - Forward, 5'11", 155lb. California Wave AAA bantam
Geordie Wudrick - Forward, 6'1", 160lb. Abbotsford Hawks AAA bantam

There's a number of good high-end kids this year and there's not a lot of
agreement on who's going to go where. It seems very likely that Hunt and Beach
will both be top-five picks but otherwise any of them could seemingly go
anywhere depending on how different teams like them.

David Toews obviously comes with a huge "caution" sign since his brother
spurned the WHL....so anyone picking him high would likely only do so if
they were pretty certain he was going to come. As a result he might not go
in the first round at all. Same for Mitch Wahl, he might be the best American
prospect in the draft but teams would probably want a commitment from him if
they're going to take him in the first round.

B.C. looks very strong this year, lots of top-end kids from that province.

Kristi
05-04-2005, 03:09 PM
I would think we could drop Baranka as well. That would be 6

No they have to keep Baranka's spot open for the Euro draft.

Tipped Off
05-04-2005, 04:31 PM
would they have to keep it open now? Couldn;t they fill it in the bantam draft then, after having time to evaluate what they got, drop either one of the players they just drafted or open up a spot by droppin gone of the guys already on the list?

Kristi
05-04-2005, 06:19 PM
would they have to keep it open now? Couldn;t they fill it in the bantam draft then, after having time to evaluate what they got, drop either one of the players they just drafted or open up a spot by droppin gone of the guys already on the list?

Well doesn't make much sense to draft a bantam player just to drop him in a month.

They may just use 6 picks in the draft tomorrow we will see. That will give us an indication how many players (picks from last year or other players added this season) were dropped.

Kristi
05-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Kyle Beach from Kelowna Bantam AAA

Here is a write up from Hockey's Future:

Beach is a dominating power forward who can skate, shoot and has good hockey sense. He has enormous upside and will definitely be a high pick in the next draft. Beach has good puck skills and a rocket of a shot. He seemed to waver as the season went on, but he can’t allow his emotions to get the better of him on the ice. If he ever puts it all together, look out!

Kristi
05-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Matthew Ius January 2, 1990 RW Ridge Meadows, B.C

From Hockey Scouting...............

WHL teams have like what they have seen from forward Matt Ius, who plays for Ridge Meadow Bantam AAA:

"He has the potential to be a good power forward into Western Hockey League," says one scout, "they're only a couple things that he needs to improve on to get to this level."

One of those areas according to recruiter's is skating:

"His skating is very average right now," says one scout, "that is the big concern right now ....."

Kristi
05-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Beach has to work on his temper though as he amassed over 280 Pims this year. Kyle also has shown a scoring touch with 48-39-87 this year in 43 games played. Kyle really wants to go first overall he says "It would be nice just to know, and obviously for bragging rights, but it's not something that I worry about. If I just go out there and play my game, then everything should fall into place. It's there and it will always be there, but I try to let it go and not worry about it. Worrying about that too much will cause me to try and do to much and that's not going to help my team," Beach said. A scout says this about Beach "I can't imagine most of the teams wouldn't want a guy that big, with that skill package and a mean streak," said Dupas. "That's the prototypical power forward that everybody is looking for."!

Kristi
05-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Silvertips Select Beach 10th Overall
Everett Silvertips Bantam Draft Update
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Silvertips 1st Round Selection (10th Overall) Kyle Beach
Everett, WA - The Everett Silvertips Hockey Club have made Kyle Beach their first round selection (10th overall) in the 2005 WHL Bantam Draft held in Calgary, Alberta on Thursday.

The 6-3, 190 pound center tallied 51 goals and 29 assists for 80 points in 38 games last season in Kelowna Bantam AAA. Beach, a native of Kelowna, British Columbia is described as a strong power forward with grit and a very good finish with his shot.

"He is a prototypical power forward that will help the Silvertips in the future," mentions Silvertips Head Scout, Scott Scoville. "Kyle has great size and was a steal as the 10th pick. He also has a great work ethic and is a complete and impact player."

The Silvertips will have two more selections in the Top 50 of the 2005 WHL Bantam Draft with their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Kristi
05-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Matthew Ius (RW)

Height: 6-1
Weight: 185
Hometown: Ridge Meadow, BC

Stats: 53 goals and 42 assists (95 points) 92 PIM's (Meadows Bantam AAA)

Scouting Report:

-Plays a very physical game
-Good skills to compete in the WHL
-Great work ethic
-Big, strong mobile forward that can hit and score goals

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Great work Krisit...Look slike the Tips have gone in the offense/physical direction. Two Power Forwards with a physical presence. Can't wait to see Beach suit up for the Tips!

Kristi
05-05-2005, 10:27 AM
305PIM guess he can fight too! :)

Kristi
05-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Matt Strong January 10, 1990 D Calgary, AB

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Take these comments for what they are...other people's comments on Beach. some claim to know him, others commenting about his stats. Anyways, just collected them from around the net.

A. "Kyle Beach sounds like Paul Brown all over again. Could be a good one though!" By 898

B. "Just comparing size, scoring, toughness, penalties at the bantam level. There was talk at draft time of Brown's temper, discipline, or needing the right coach at the WHL level, just like there is with Beach now." By 55JK

C. "My family has been friends with the Beach family for years, and I know Kyle personally. He's never been anything but respectful and curteous to us. Yes, he does have a temper on the ice, but he's young and still letting his emotions get too high. I think that as he gets a little older, and with some good coaching, Kyle will be very successful in the WHL. Good luck Kyle, we're thinking about you today! " By j23

D. "I know he has an attitude, but how did he slip to 10. Everett got the steal of the draft. Constantine will knock that attitude off of his shoulder." By Captain Kangaroo

E. "The temper is a little something to worry about. His statement about wanting to go #1 is my big consern. Cocky is good aroggent is too far. The good news is that Tips have proven they can change player additudes (Love). The size and grit is something that is most welcome. I look forward to seeing how he does in camp." By warren123

F. Vancouver Sun 1st round Predictions:

Predicted first-round selections
1. Regina Colten Teubert D White Rock
2. Swift Current Geordie Wudrick F Abbotsford
3. Prince George Dale Hunt F Sanford, Man.
4. Spokane Kyle Beach F Kelowna

G. "Besides Colten Teubert, here's a look at 10 potential first-round picks for this morning's WHL Bantam Draft:
Kyle Beach, Kelowna
Prince George Cougars (at # 3 overall) are said to covet the 6-foot-3, 190-pound centre/winger who has skills and surly disposition." Steve Ewen of The Province on the supposed top selections

H. Pirate's mock draft had Beach going 2nd:
2005 WHL BANTAM DRAFT PRELIM MOCK DRAFT

1. Regina Pats-(DALE HUNT) MANITOBA

2. Swift Current Broncos-(Kyle Beach) Britich Columbia
...The Broncos think they’ve found the most complete player in the draft and definitely the top power forward ala Colton Gillies who was chosen last year by the Blades. Beach has to work on his temper though as he amassed over 280 Pims this year. Kyle also has shown a scoring touch with 48-39-87 this year in 43 games played. Kyle really wants to go first overall he says "It would be nice just to know, and obviously for bragging rights, but it's not something that I worry about. If I just go out there and play my game, then everything should fall into place. It's there and it will always be there, but I try to let it go and not worry about it. Worrying about that too much will cause me to try and do to much and that's not going to help my team," Beach said. A scout says this about Beach "I can't imagine most of the teams wouldn't want a guy that big, with that skill package and a mean streak," said Dupas. "That's the prototypical power forward that everybody is looking for."!

I. From the Capital News in central Okanagan a few months back.

Like most teenagers, Kyle Beach gets a lot of phone calls. When the phone rings in the Beach home, it’s probably for Kyle. But it’s also likely that it’s about Kyle’s future and the person on the other end is a sports agent hoping to represent the 14-year-old member of the Kelowna AAA bantam hockey team. “Agents have been calling regularly,” explained Kyle’s father Brian. “We have had calls from probably 10 different firms, from the smaller operations right up to the big guys like IMG.”

Kyle’s size and hockey skill—he stands 6-foot-2—has agents clamoring for the opportunity to represent the youngster who has been projected as a top five draft in the year’s Western Hockey League draft of bantam age players. His love of the game of hockey finds him on the hockey fast track, with professional hockey as the ultimate goal. There is no shortage of people willing to help him get there. “Originally it was quite a shock,” said Brian. “We were thinking that this wouldn’t start to happen until closer to the NHL draft. But hockey more than any other sport seems to be in such a rush to tie up players and invoke this pressure to perform. It was a bit of a shock and then when you start to research the odds of advancing even with the first round picks in the bantam draft, it’s still a small percentage that make it.”

So at 14 years of age, Kyle Beach will soon have an agent. At this stage his agent will help him get matched up with a Western Hockey League team that is well suited to him. Agents lobby WHL clubs, letting the teams know if a player will report to a certain team. The final decision about who to draft is always in the club’s hand, but if they know a player isn’t going to report then they will take someone who will. The agent is the go between and works for free in the hopes that one of the kids he represents actually makes it to the NHL and signs that contract. It’s all part of the business side of a sport that Canadians love because it’s fun.

“If we didn’t think Kyle had a really good shot at making hockey a career we wouldn’t encourage him to take these early steps,” said Brian. There are success stories of many players that come through later in life and still make it, but for Kyle this is the best path of development, with the Best Ever program and the WHL and the world junior team. It’s exciting but at the same time you have to keep reminding yourself that this is still a long ways off and a lot can happen between now and then.”

Kristi
05-05-2005, 10:48 AM
"They had him partnered with the Myers kid all year," says one scout, "in the beginning of the year Strong covered up for a lot of Myer’s mistakes. The adaptation to playing defence for Myers was a difficult one for the first half of the season, he was very fortunate to have a good defenseman like Strong covering for him earlier in the year. Myers is a more offensive type defenseman, while Strong is that Charlie Huddy type that likes to stay back and contribute in all facets of the game."

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Now THAT sounds like Constantine's type of guy!

Kristi
05-05-2005, 11:03 AM
3rd ROUND (50th OVERALL)

Matt Strong (D)

Height: 6-3
Weight: 190
Hometown: Calgary, Alberta

Scouting Report:
-Very rugged Defenseman
-Good vision
-Good instincts with and without the puck
-Solid stay at home defenseman

Kristi
05-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Ty Skauge March 30, 1990 RW Lethbridge, AB

Kristi
05-05-2005, 11:22 AM
The 2005 WHL Bantam Draft is being called the “draft of uncertainty” by many recruiting experts. Never in the past five years have opinions been so radically different on player prospects.

Take the case of Tyler Skauge, a skilled 1990 from Lethbridge … some recruiters have him rated as a second rounder while others have him rated as a fifth rounder. Where the youngster will end up getting picked is anyone’s guess.

“His consistency has been a bit of an issue,” says one recruiter, “he had a bit of drop in the middle of the year, his consistency is the only big concern for me. His skating needs to be improved but it is not a huge concern, he gets to where he needs to get going. He is a fair to good skater, not great though.”

Consistency concerns aside there is a lot to like about Skauge’s game:

Kristi
05-05-2005, 11:23 AM
37games played
27 goals
34 assists
61 PIM

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Four picks.....three scorers/offensive minded players, one stay at home defenseman. I think I can see where this is going. Glad to see the Tips addressing their needs!

Kristi
05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
was traded to Swift Current in the Horman-Desloges/Annesley-Leavitt trade

so I get a little break!

Kristi
05-05-2005, 11:37 AM
this is going to Kamloops. Will try and figure out why this is.

Kristi
05-05-2005, 11:43 AM
4th ROUND (70th OVERALL)

Ty Skauge (RW)

Height: 6-0
Weight: 170
Hometown: Lethbridge, Alberta

Stats: 27 goals and 34 assists (61 points) 80 PIM's in 37 games

Scouting Report:
-A very good skater with good wheels
-Solidly built player
-Real good skills and puck sense
-Soft skilled hands with scoring touch

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 11:47 AM
There must have been some kind of trade because we now have the 1st pick (101st overall) in the 6th round from Regina & the 19th pick (139th overall) in the 7th round.

Kristi
05-05-2005, 11:52 AM
yep something is definately happening. so much for my break!

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I was just corrected in that Everett got pick #101 along with Adam Feniak from Regina last year at the deadline when they shipped David Jacobson to the Pats.

So the only "issue" is that Everett Seems to have gone from pick # 110 (10th in the 6th round) to pick # 139

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 01:06 PM
1st pick in the 6th round (From Regina as noted above)

Brendon Wall (D)

Height: 5-11
Weight: 145
Hometown: Saskatoon, SK

Stats: 3 goals and 12 assists (15 points) 32 PIM's in 24 games with Saskatoon Raiders (Bantam AA)

Scouting Report:
-Smart poised defenseman
-Very composed with the puck
-Plays with composure and makes very few mistakes
-Physical and good one on one player

On a side note, we now have 3 players named Wall on our roster:
Mike Wall - G
Mitchel Wall - RW
Brendon Wall - D

Not to mention the back entrance to the stadium is on Wall St. Coincidence? I think NOT!
LOL - JK

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 01:45 PM
All we need is a goalie to field a 90 born line in 06-07...

C - Kyle Beach
W - Matthew Ius
W - Ty Skauge
D - Matt Strong
D - Brendon Wall
G - Will this be our next pick????

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 01:48 PM
With the 10th pick of the 7th Round (130th overall) Silvertips Select:

Tyler Hlookoff - D
April 10, 1990
Castlegar, B.C

Kristi
05-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Matt Pesut August 18, 1990 LW Maple Ridge, B.C

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 02:06 PM
7th ROUND (130th OVERALL)

Tyler Hlookoff (D)

Weight: 155
Hometown: Castlegar, BC

Stats: 21 goals and 49 assists (70 points) 76 PIM's in 46 games with Castlegar Bantam AA

Scouting Report:

-Good passer
-Smart and Smooth with the puck
-Decent shot from the point
-High upside

7th ROUND (139th OVERALL)

Matt Pesut (D)

Weight: 160
Hometown: Maple Ridge, BC

Stats: 45 goals and 63 assists (108 points), 129 PIM's with Meadows Bantam AAA

Scouting Report:

-Skilled with the puck
-Very hard nosed hockey player
-Physical type
-Brings skilled rugged style to the game

Kristi
05-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Steven Seigo August 1, 1990 D Edenwold, SK

ihlemic10
05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Brendon Bentz January 1, 1990 C Punnichy, SK

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 03:15 PM
8th ROUND (150th OVERALL)

Steven Seigo (D)

Weight: 165
Hometown: Edenwold, SK

Stats: 18 goals and 18 assists (36 points), 33 PIM's in 26 games with Notre Dame Bantam AAA

Scouting Report:

-A defenseman that likes to join the rush
-Very active with the puck
-Smart defenseman

9th ROUND (170th OVERALL)

Brendon Bentz (C)

Height: 5-10
Hometown: Punnichy, SK

Stats: 12 goals and 23 assists (35 points), 62 PIM's in 22 games with Naicham Bantam AA.

Scouting Report:

-Very quick player, speed is his strength
-Gritty type player
-Good puck skills

Kristi
05-05-2005, 03:15 PM
James Reid December 15, 1990 G Calgary, AB

He shares my birthday and he's a goalie...........two things already working for him! :)

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Pick 209 from Vancouver:

Chris De La Lande - D
July 27, 1990
Winnipeg, MB

Pick 210 (Tips regular pick)

Tyler Longlitz - LW
September 16, 1990
Prince Albert, SK

The Everett Silvertips Passed in Round # 12

Tipped Off
05-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Overall 12 players drafted by the Tips broken down as follows...
Position:
C - 2
W - 3
D - 6
G - 1

Birthplace:
BC - 4
AB - 3
SK -4
MB - 1

From the Tips Website:

1st ROUND (10th OVERALL)

Kyle Beach (C)

Height: 6-3
Hometown: Kelowna, BC

Stats: 51 goals and 29 assists (80 points), 237 PIM's in 38 games (Kelowna Bantam AAA)

Scouting Report:

Strong power forward with grit and a very good finish with his shot.

"He is a prototypical power forward that will help the Silvertips in the future," mentions Silvertips Head Scout, Scott Scoville. "Kyle has great size and was a steal as the 10th pick. He also has a great work ethic and is a complete and impact player."

2nd ROUND (30th OVERALL)

Matthew Ius (RW)

Weight: 185
Hometown: Ridge Meadow, BC

Stats: 53 goals and 42 assists (95 points) 92 PIM's (Meadows Bantam AAA)

Scouting Report:

-Plays a very physical game
-Good skills to compete in the WHL
-Great work ethic
-Big, strong mobile forward that can hit and score goals

3rd ROUND (50th OVERALL)

Matt Strong (D)

Hometown: Calgary, Alberta

Scouting Report:
-Very rugged Defenseman
-Good vision
-Good instincts with and without the puck
-Solid stay at home defenseman

4th ROUND (70th OVERALL)

Ty Skauge (RW)

Weight: 170
Hometown: Lethbridge, Alberta

Stats: 27 goals and 34 assists (61 points) 80 PIM's in 37 games with Lethbridge Bantam AAA

Scouting Report:
-A very good skater with good wheels
-Solidly built player
-Real good skills and puck sense
-Soft skilled hands with scoring touch

6th ROUND (101st OVERALL)

Brendon Wall (D)

Weight: 145
Hometown: Saskatoon, SK

Stats: 3 goals and 12 assists (15 points) 32 PIM's in 24 games with Saskatoon Raiders (Bantam AA)

Scouting Report:
-Smart poised defenseman
-Very composed with the puck
-Plays with composure and makes very few mistakes
-Physical and good one on one player

7th ROUND (130th OVERALL)

Tyler Hlookoff (D)

Weight: 155
Hometown: Castlegar, BC

Stats: 21 goals and 49 assists (70 points) 76 PIM's in 46 games with Castlegar Bantam AA

Scouting Report:

-Good passer
-Smart and Smooth with the puck
-Decent shot from the point
-High upside

7th ROUND (139th OVERALL)

Matt Pesut (D)

Hometown: Maple Ridge, BC

Stats: 45 goals and 63 assists (108 points), 129 PIM's with Meadows Bantam AAA

Scouting Report:

-Skilled with the puck
-Very hard nosed hockey player
-Physical type
-Brings skilled rugged style to the game

8th ROUND (150th OVERALL)

Steven Seigo (D)

Hometown: Edenwold, SK

Stats: 18 goals and 18 assists (36 points), 33 PIM's in 26 games with Notre Dame Bantam AAA

Scouting Report:

-A defenseman that likes to join the rush
-Very active with the puck
-Smart defenseman

9th ROUND (170th OVERALL)

Brendon Bentz (C)

Hometown: Punnichy, SK

Stats: 12 goals and 23 assists (35 points), 62 PIM's in 22 games with Naicham Bantam AA.

Scouting Report:

-Very quick player, speed is his strength
-Gritty type player
-Good puck skills

10th ROUND (190th OVERALL)

James Reid (G)

Weight: 175
Hometown: Calgary, AB

Stats: 30 games, 2.32 GA, 23-5-2 record with Calgary Edge Academy (Bantam AAA)

Scouting Report:

-Technically solid goaltender
-Relentless on the puck
-Athletic netminder
-Good glove hand

11th ROUND (209th OVERALL)

Chris De La Lande (D)

Hometown: Winnipeg, MB

Stats: 8 assists and 29 PIM's for Winnipeg Hawks (Bantam AAA)

Scouting Report:

-Very mobile player
-Moves the puck well for a defenseman
-Smart and good hard worker

11th ROUND (210th OVERALL)

Tyler Longlitz (LW)

Hometown: Prince Albert, SK

Stats: 10 goals and 13 assists (23 points), 18 PIM's with Prince Albert Pirates (Bantam AA)

Scouting Report:

-Good, solid left winger
-Plays in traffic well
-Can finish when given the opportunity
-Good skater

C.F
05-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I've seen Ius and Pesut play, 2 great players.