PDA

View Full Version : Shootouts!

Rebrevs
12-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Here is a proposal. Kuemper doesn't do well in shoot outs. I'm pretty sure I've seen what I am proposing before this (can't remember what team) but why not bring Barnstable in to do the shootouts! He can't do any worse. It must be very deflating to the team when they eke out a tie then Kuemper lets in two consecutive shootout goals. I know it frustrates me!

SectionNDeserter
12-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Barnstable wasn't having his best night, which is why he got the hook. Kuemper was a big reason why they got the one point tonight, and it would have been a huge injustice to stick the guy in that allowed 3 goals on a dozen or so shots back in for the shootout. Also, if you don't score any shootout goals, it really doesn't matter which goalie you have in net....

Rebrevs
12-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I wasn't referring to last nights game in particular. I was referring to Kuemper's performance in shootouts in general. I agree that last night would have been an injustice to Kuemper given that Barnstable was pulled. I also agree that we have to do better on the offensive side of a shootout, however, I believe Kuemper needs to do better.

RDRebelsfan
01-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Looks like Wallin took RebRevs suggestion. LOL.

SectionNDeserter
01-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Now they just need to stop putting Ferraro out for the shootout. That was like the 5th time in a row that he shot it right into the goalies chest.....

Rebelsfan13
01-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Jesse what user name are you using? Or are you just browsing as a visitor?

It was funny I was mentioning to the person I share seats with at the game tonight that Kuemper was awful in shootouts and that this thread suggested that Barnstable go in net, then another person next to me pointed out that he was stretching out and sure enough Barnstable was in. He did an amazing job (yes I know one was rang off the bar) but still, coming in cold like that and not letting any in, way to go!

We got lucky tonight, we were outplayed most of the game and there were too many guys taking the night off, especially on the top line. Ferraro's penalty shot made it look like he had money on Edmonton, that was awful, he hit him right in the chest. I think he will be fine though, as that is the best I have seen him skate all year.

Hopefully there is a better effort tomorrow night in Edmonton, keep it up Rebs!