PDA

View Full Version : More Rumors

Joe Hallenback
12-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone here to open the Rumor mill once again.

I was talking to a scout friend on Sunday at AAA midget game(Thrashers and Interlake fyi) and he was pretty adamant about some things he is hearing

Brandon wants Hamonic. Well I said that is pretty obvious. His reply was that the price though was too high. The Warriors almost certainly want Stone to go the other way. In Brandon's situation that is too much to pay.

Now the Big shocker was that Regina would be willing to trade Eberle and Teubert to the Wheat Kings for a package deal. Now some ideas that were floating around is prospects and draft picks + Conditional players.

Now Both Eberle and Teubert are rentals for sure. The kind of rentals that would get you trophies though.

The Deal was something along the lines of

Jordan Fransoo(top 16 year old D playing for team west right now can and will step in next season to the WHL)
The Draft picks are really not important to the deal they are there as window dressing

Now the interesting part is WHAT could happen the following year
There is some thought that both Glennie and Schenn would be back next season. Now IF Regina is doing really good next season and Brandon is below them Schenn not glennie would be going back to Regina after the World Juniors and team up with former Midget linemate in Ashton to allow Regina a run at WHL championship and Memorial cup. Now if Schenn is in the NHL then Glennie would move to Regina after the World Juniors.

There are some other things as well. Hayes would move to Regina at the end of this season as part of the "deal".

Now it seems kinda crazy that 2 teams especially rivals would do something like this. But from what my friend told me the WHL is starting to get very upset at its 2 rival leagues the OHL and QMJHL loading up teams year after year. The trades that being made are not the same type that are generally made in the WHL and teams just bounce draft picks and prospects and load up 1 or 2 teams each season.

The idea is that if the WHL is hosting the Memorial cup that teams would be more encouraged to make these kinds of trade for players now and for next year between teams.

Thus it would allow for Regina who is falling fast right now to immediately become a powerhouse next year while allowing Brandon to be a powerhouse this year and have a quick rebuild year.

Take this for what its worth

Hitmen1
12-30-2009, 11:14 AM
From the Wheatkings twitter feed:

wheatkingsvoice

Wheat Kings set to announce deal early this afternoon.

SectionNDeserter
12-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Must not be the aforementioned Eberle/Tuebert deal, as they can't be traded until after the World Jr. Tournament.

Hitmen1
12-30-2009, 11:24 AM
I am wondering if it is a deal with the Rebels?

rebel
12-30-2009, 11:48 AM
on the message board it says he wheaties got raedekke for wilson

Joe Hallenback
12-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Wouldn't shock me now to see Stone go to the Warriors for Hamonic

Crush Kill Destroy
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone here to open the Rumor mill once again.

I was talking to a scout friend on Sunday at AAA midget game(Thrashers and Interlake fyi) and he was pretty adamant about some things he is hearing

Brandon wants Hamonic. Well I said that is pretty obvious. His reply was that the price though was too high. The Warriors almost certainly want Stone to go the other way. In Brandon's situation that is too much to pay.

Now the Big shocker was that Regina would be willing to trade Eberle and Teubert to the Wheat Kings for a package deal. Now some ideas that were floating around is prospects and draft picks + Conditional players.

Now Both Eberle and Teubert are rentals for sure. The kind of rentals that would get you trophies though.

The Deal was something along the lines of

Jordan Fransoo(top 16 year old D playing for team west right now can and will step in next season to the WHL)
The Draft picks are really not important to the deal they are there as window dressing

Now the interesting part is WHAT could happen the following year
There is some thought that both Glennie and Schenn would be back next season. Now IF Regina is doing really good next season and Brandon is below them Schenn not glennie would be going back to Regina after the World Juniors and team up with former Midget linemate in Ashton to allow Regina a run at WHL championship and Memorial cup. Now if Schenn is in the NHL then Glennie would move to Regina after the World Juniors.

There are some other things as well. Hayes would move to Regina at the end of this season as part of the "deal".

Now it seems kinda crazy that 2 teams especially rivals would do something like this. But from what my friend told me the WHL is starting to get very upset at its 2 rival leagues the OHL and QMJHL loading up teams year after year. The trades that being made are not the same type that are generally made in the WHL and teams just bounce draft picks and prospects and load up 1 or 2 teams each season.

The idea is that if the WHL is hosting the Memorial cup that teams would be more encouraged to make these kinds of trade for players now and for next year between teams.

Thus it would allow for Regina who is falling fast right now to immediately become a powerhouse next year while allowing Brandon to be a powerhouse this year and have a quick rebuild year.

Take this for what its worth

The WHL changed it's rules on trades a few years ago (I believe it was actually as a result of the Colin Cloutier to Prince George deal), to disallow trades where a specified player is moved after the completion of the current season. Specifically, 'future considerations' cannot be a specific player--only draft picks, conditional draft picks, or the picking of a player off a team's roster after protecting a certain number.

Of course, there is nothing preventing an 'unofficial' deal being made, where certain of the specifics you have mentioned could unfold (providing the teams are careful about how they do it).

pensfan87
01-05-2010, 04:51 PM
heard a rumor that colten teubert is on his way to medicine hat. as well as thomas vincour to sask. anyone else heard any other babblings?

Boltz9
01-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Vincour to Saskatoon would make perfect sense seeing as they are looking for a goal scorer and they have a euro spot open, and of course Edmonton is unloading.

blerbtalksc
01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Being the hosts of the Memorial Cup, if I was the Wheaties, I'd give Regina pretty much whatever they wanted for Eberle. This kid is beyond what words can say.

dagley
01-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Case in point how he was tonight. I would honestly be willing to part ways with Glennie, Stone and a 2nd round pick for Eberle right now.

sbtatter
01-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Case in point how he was tonight. I would honestly be willing to part ways with Glennie, Stone and a 2nd round pick for Eberle right now.

No, No no, we don't need Eberle, we need a d-man. If we're going to give the farm away, make it for a Stone (Cgy) like d-man

Toswammi
01-05-2010, 11:16 PM

Teams are going to have to be careful not getting to wrapped up in his goals tonight. If they do, they will way over pay.

wheaties89
01-05-2010, 11:32 PM
i dont care. whenever he touched the puck he did whatever he wanted, schenn is an unreal player and eberle makes him look average. the injury to hamonic will definatly drop his value and since hes going to be back sometime around when playoffs are starting we should no we need to get him now