PDA

View Full Version : trade rumour

rebel
12-30-2009, 10:56 AM
just wondering if anybody else heard about ferraro wanting out of red deer and jesse is advertising this to every team so we can get good players in return. of the topic is anybody going to edmonton on jan 3 against the oil kings

Red celtic
12-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Read this rumor on the whl message board not to sure about the validity. In my opinion its a wish list of some Brandon fan. Ferraro would be a great player for any team who is contending but the price would be high. I am not sure Wallin is shopping him but I do believe that the Rebs have had some inquiries about his and Coutzees availability. So if the price is right who knows?

Hitmen1
12-30-2009, 12:50 PM
I would love to see Willie in a Hitmen uniform this season. But I am not sure the 2 rivals would hook up on a trade.

SectionNDeserter
12-30-2009, 01:18 PM
I have said since about a month into the season that I would be ok with them dealing Ferraro. He has been injured for about half of his time in Red Deer, and the team has been doing ok without his services for much of this season. I have heard that this kid has a huge ego, and that he isn't too happy about being the #2 (or #3 at this point?) player on this team talent wise.

That being said, he does have huge talent, and anyone who does deal for him is going to be giving up quite a bit, because he could possibly be back for two more seasons--but more likely one more. I am not sure anyone would give up what the Rebels would be asking, given his history of injury.

Coetzee would be a tough one, as I would estimate his chances of returning to the Rebels next season at about 25%, though it would be probably closer to 100% if he ever did get dealt to the Hitmen, as they generally get most of their NHL drafted/signed overage players back every season.

Red celtic
01-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Just read this article from the Regina paper they seem to think a Archer/Kuemper trade might have been possible. The link is here.
http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/slapshots/archive/2010/01/05/to-trade-or-not-to-trade.aspx