PDA

View Full Version : PA/CHIL Trade

EOK1
12-30-2009, 12:47 PM
http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/2009/12/tuesday_30.html

One small trade from Monday as the Prince Albert Raiders dealt F Brendan Persley to Chilliwack for a 13th-round pick in the 2010 bantam draft. Persley,a 16-year-old from Kelowna, was an eighth-round pick in the 2008 draft. He has 25 points in 18 games with the junior B Penticton Lakers of the Kootenay International junior league. . . . This is the second such deal this season between the Raiders and Bruins. Earlier, the Raiders sent the rights to F Cole Penner, the fourth overall pick in the 2006 draft, to the Bruins for a 12th-round pick in the 2010 draft.

Minor trade obviously.

west coast
12-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Persley is a very skilled player that has good size and plays with an edge.Not sure if he signed with the Raiders .It would be a steal for the Bruins if he decides to go the whl route.He will be an impact player

patsdude114
12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
pretty much gave him away as most teams pass after the 9th round anyways... PA must of got word from him that he wasnt going to commit to them as most BC kids dont... so let Chilliwack talk to hiim for a commitment which is alot closer to home for him.

domino
01-01-2010, 11:59 AM
I guess I have been wrong all this time. In past posts I have said that Bruno is only coaching to keep his job for this year. But this trade and the one for Penner are keepers in my mind. I cannot believ he fleeced Habshied for his 12th and 13th rd picks. Bruno for exec of the year. keep up the good work

tuffguy
01-01-2010, 12:54 PM
His best trade was for a 19 yo backup goalie
(4t rd) that has played about 3 games when we had Edwards who looked pretty good. After trading stanford, the goalie situation is unclear at best for next year.

domino
01-01-2010, 05:21 PM
i am trying but Bruno has to give me something to work with.Anybody can play 2 .5 lines and 4 dmen and win the games he has

tuffguy
01-01-2010, 07:55 PM
then you will continue to see this team fade as the year goes on. A playoff team for a good part of last year, then fell apart. Other teams play four lines, and reap the rewards the last part of the year. they end up with depth players that kill penalties and high end players with energy for PP and their regular shifts. Three years of watching him manage the bench has me concerned about how this team will take a step. My guess is the Raiders will miss the playoffs again this year.

Wildeyes
01-01-2010, 08:20 PM
From what i saw i really like Marc Mackenzie he was flying out there and hitting everyone in sight i would like to see him up here full time 16 yrs old and already 6'2 and him having 111pims in 30 games not bad either

raider guy
01-01-2010, 09:37 PM
bruno is gonna need surgery to pull raiderfan 15's head out of his ass at the end of the season

tuffguy
01-01-2010, 10:12 PM
and Balson isn't good enough. That is funny. He'd better be. Bruno has 11 guys by my count under contract in that age group. Trying to show the board how smart he is when it comes to drafting. Rookie GM that starts watching hockey at the end of March. He had nothing to do with that draft. Only or 8 of those kids could / should be signed, and Brendan Persley is one of them. We give him to Chilliwack for nothing. He is a Tier 2 coach (developmentally) and has no clue as to how to build and develop for the future. He gets a 12 for Penner. A year ago he could have got a contributor and a pick for him, but his inexperience was glaring. To scared to deal with the kid (have him on the team) and too scared to trade him where he might show the Raiders up. Waited as long as possible to make a sh** trade for him. Screwed the kid, and most importantly screwed the Raiders out of getting someone in return, all to save his own face. Players are leaving, office staff are leaving, and you guys all think he is Mr Wonderful.

Wildeyes
01-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Penner should of not been drafted anyways it was Penners Choice to do all that crap he was doing. If he is such a good player should he be playing with Chilliwack I dont think he is even playing hockey. Players Leave, Office staff leave but really is that the fault of the coach every one has their own mind

tuffguy
01-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Might not be the coaches problem but it is the GM's. He wears both hats, or did you forget. Looking at Button and Herrod, I would say they are both excellant picks for 2nd and 3rd round guys. Obviously people incl our staff felt Penner was better than Button and Herrod. Stuff happens. The young guys on the ice, or that will be Raiders in the future are the work of half a dozen scouts that aren't with the team anymore. You guys say the on ice product is better than ever. Person most responsible for the on ice product is gone. I'd be concerned if I was a die hard Raider fan like you Wildeyes and you Raiderfan 15.

Wildeyes
01-01-2010, 10:51 PM
If you like brien so much what about players Like palazzo, Andy Smith,Peter Cmorej,Karsten Felske,Cody Gross,Jorden Iron,Tyler Esau

tuffguy
01-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Careful. All of yours and Wildeyes' posts are on here from the past. I can find quotes from you two saying what a great pick Trach was, and how Palazzo was going to be an NHL draft pick, and how you hope the Raiders pick Penner prior to his draft. You liked Gross and Vann too. Don't worry we all did. Coaching and direction from the team let these kids down. The Raiders scouting did quite well as a whole. Having Anholt then Campese as a coach I'm surprised those kids did as well as they have. The Raiders were missing a pick or two in the first five rounds of the draft four years in a row. 89 draft until 92 drafts. Aasman by the way is another player who is suffering under Campese. Probably be let go here shortly for an average 19 year old for the second half of the season. Trach had some head issues for which no one can be blamed.

Wildeyes
01-01-2010, 11:28 PM
so O brien gets a free pass?

domino
01-02-2010, 10:24 AM
BREAKING NEWS Bruno trades Aasman for Chilliwacks 10th rd pick 2010 and there 11th and 12th rd picks 2011. Another steal by Bruno,overmatched as a gm and nothing more than a tier 2 or junior b coach

Razz
01-03-2010, 07:49 PM
I still dont think u let a skilled player go for free. who cares if he might not want to commit.

Sounds like a Penner scenario

Razz
01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
and Balson isn't good enough. That is funny. He'd better be. Bruno has 11 guys by my count under contract in that age group. Trying to show the board how smart he is when it comes to drafting. Rookie GM that starts watching hockey at the end of March. He had nothing to do with that draft. Only or 8 of those kids could / should be signed, and Brendan Persley is one of them. We give him to Chilliwack for nothing. He is a Tier 2 coach (developmentally) and has no clue as to how to build and develop for the future. He gets a 12 for Penner. A year ago he could have got a contributor and a pick for him, but his inexperience was glaring. To scared to deal with the kid (have him on the team) and too scared to trade him where he might show the Raiders up. Waited as long as possible to make a sh** trade for him. Screwed the kid, and most importantly screwed the Raiders out of getting someone in return, all to save his own face. Players are leaving, office staff are leaving, and you guys all think he is Mr Wonderful.
Haha, Yeah and he's wasting the product of 17 yr old Aasman with no PP and limited ice time. He's a great skater and comes from a great hockey mind.

Razz
01-03-2010, 08:01 PM
bruno is gonna need surgery to pull raiderfan 15's head out of his ass at the end of the season

Haha, true !! So someone else does think hockey like I do.

Razz
01-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Bottom line.......... Campese picks favorites and doesn't develop. He runs a short bench and holds on to players till they get next to nothing in return.

Razz
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
BREAKING NEWS Bruno trades Aasman for Chilliwacks 10th rd pick 2010 and there 11th and 12th rd picks 2011. Another steal by Bruno,overmatched as a gm and nothing more than a tier 2 or junior b coach

When did this take place? He's dressed both games this weekend. If it did happen this proves to be a brain dead trade.

raider guy
01-03-2010, 08:55 PM
he was making fun of brunos trades lately, although im sure weve all been happy with reddin being picked up for a 4th rounder

tuffguy
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
7 pts in 15 games and a -8 and shows reluctance to go to tough areas. (Reddin) Everything you look for in a 19 year old. You don't win with guys like this. I like his flash in the pan skills but..... Could and should have just not traded for Reddin and given McNeill his ice. Has anyone seen McNeill on the ice for a PP or PK?If do I must have missed that shift. Last year this was the 3rd youngest team in the league. Now it is 2nd or 3rd oldest. Zemlak can hardly stand without shaking he has played so much and seen so much rubber. After a refreshing Xmas break the players come back, see nothing has changed (we are still a two line, 3 dman team) and will shut it down. Another year missing the playoffs is my prediction. I try to be positive, but when you see the same thing over and over, why would the end result be any different? Ya the players are in better shape, and generally are playing better, but player development and an overall plan for the future of this team are missing. The players see through this guy, the staff see through him, I just hope the board does. Lethbridge hires Rich Preston. Hopefully the Board gets off their wallet and hire someone similar.

domino
01-04-2010, 12:03 AM
dont look know but Penner is in Camrose lighting it up what happens when one of your key forwards or key d men go down with an injury ie Button and you ask say an Aasman to step up and play 15 -20 min a game when he is use to 2-3 min a game. Oh by the way another lose tonight I love it when I have evidence to prove my point.You cannot expect a young player to jump up that much in ice.