PDA

View Full Version : Game 40-Canes 4 at Hitmen 2

Hitmen1
01-04-2010, 09:26 PM
I was away over the weekend and missed the game completely but based on the boxscore it looks like it was the Linden Rowat show at the Dome yesterday. The Hitmen outshot the Hurricanes 37-13 including 18-1 in the 2nd period but lost 4-2. Shots on goal do not always tell the story of the game but I have a feeling that they do in this one.

1. LET Braes, (11) (Sutter, Tot), 8:27
1. LET Hood, (8) (Bancks, Maxwell), 8:54
2. CAL Broda, (21) (Fiddler, MacKenzie), 7:28 (PP)
2. CAL Burgart, (1) (Wilson), 15:54
3. LET Yadlowski, (2) (Braes, Bancks), 0:43 (PP)
3. LET Hood, (9) (Maxwell, Yadlowski), 19:07 (EN)

I still have a week of holidays left before I head back to work so I am going to go through the Hitmen roster and come up with a list of players who I think could be moved by Sunday's deadline. I will also try to figure who Kisio maybe looking at. It is going to be interesting to see what happens because on one hand I think the Hitmen are probably a top 2-4 defenceman and a top 6 forward away from making a good run at the title but on the other hand, this team is lacking consistency and worth ethic, they expect things will come easy for them and that is really not how it happens. Hard to believe that the deadline is on a Sunday. I expect Eberle, Teubert, Vincour, Jackson, and a couple of kids to be moved by Sunday's deadline.