PDA

View Full Version : Lethbridge @ Brandon

Joe Hallenback
01-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Just to let everyone know the game is on Sportsnet west at 7 central

dagley
01-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Wish Schenner and Rajala were playing tonight so we can boast our spectacular forward lines, lol.

Wheatie Pete
01-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Toni may be back ,he finished up a few days ago. Not likely as Letbridge isn't much of a scare. It would be nice to get the team chemistry going, but this time could be used to audition a few of the younger guys for trade.

patsdude114
01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Rajala could be in the lineup couldnt he??? Finland hasnt played since when??? Saturday or sunday?? Players dont really get that weeks rest anymore like they used too games r too important now a days then they were in the past.

Yes teams will gime them a few days off from practise. Schenn i can see staying out of the lineup since he just played a heart breaking game last night. But on the bright side they BOTH will be in the line up come friday night im sure.

dagley
01-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Luber is reporting he wont play.

"Meanwhile, Finnish forward Toni Rajala is expected to arrive back in Brandon late Wednesday afternoon but won't be in the lineup for Wednesday night's game against Lethbridge.

Rajala helped Finland to a fifth-place finish at the WJC."

He is also saying Schenner wont be in town till next week, so he might miss the game against MH on Friday.

patsdude114
01-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Toni may be back ,he finished up a few days ago. Not likely as Letbridge isn't much of a scare. It would be nice to get the team chemistry going, but this time could be used to audition a few of the younger guys for trade.

Lethbridge did beat Calgary the other night... even tho they have a terrible record with Rowat in goal it is possible to steal a win in Brandon

sbtatter
01-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Rajala won't play tonight, Schenn won't play till after the weekend.
I'm thinking reddington may stay in Bdn after the game?

dagley
01-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Rajala won't play tonight, Schenn won't play till after the weekend.
I'm thinking reddington may stay in Bdn after the game?

Wish he could just get him before the game and have him walk over, lol.

Trevor
01-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Sun reported that Toni will be in Brandon tonight but won't play, and Schenn isn't back in Brandon until Monday.

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
What makes you think that the Hurricanes will deal Reddington? I believe they are planning on him for an overage next season to anchor their young defense.

You heard rumors?????

:groovy:

GET RID OF EH OH CANADA GO!

Joe Hallenback
01-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Ugly first period by Brandon. Ill be glad when Schenn and Rajala are back in the lineup. No one looks comfortable out there.

DeSerres is not in the lineup either. Odd that.

Allin44
01-06-2010, 08:38 PM
What makes you think that the Hurricanes will deal Reddington? I believe they are planning on him for an overage next season to anchor their young defense.

You heard rumors?????

Suspect that he's not dressed tonight isn't it?

Bocephus
01-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Suspect that he's not dressed tonight isn't it?

Redder has been injured. He was questionable to even dress. Day to day I believe.

brandonboy
01-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Any word on why DeSerres was not dressed tonight?

Joe Hallenback
01-06-2010, 09:59 PM
They said he hurt himself in practice the other day

sbtatter
01-06-2010, 10:32 PM

You heard rumors?????

No rumours, just a wish that we picked up a guy like Reddington. Donaghy's tough hey!!

Joe Hallenback
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I thought Bestland played his best game of the season last night.

Wheatie Pete
01-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Agreed! Looked pretty solid.Melonhead looked awful as did Schnider. I like Melonhead on most nights, but he needs to be a bit more physical. Please kelly pick up a few more d-men and put Schnider out of his misery.

Allin44
01-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Agreed! Looked pretty solid.Melonhead looked awful as did Schnider. I like Melonhead on most nights, but he needs to be a bit more physical. Please kelly pick up a few more d-men and put Schnider out of his misery.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/channelsurfing/uploaded_images/trolls-doll-red-hair-700670.jpg

?

I will admit I don't want Melnychuk to be the top 4 dman, but he's not bad. Schneider is fairly smooth and a decent #6.

Bestland and Miller are who I worry about more as they seem to get caught out of position way too often.

I don't want to see Miller gone but I also don't think he can be depended on just yet in the mem cup. Bestland.. keep him as a 7th

patsdude114
01-06-2010, 11:27 PM
nice win by the WKs tonight & sure doesnt hurt either that the Blades got there arses handed to them either

Allin44
01-06-2010, 11:29 PM
nice win by the WKs tonight & sure doesnt hurt either that the Blades got there arses handed to them either

Yeah that is lopsided, especially considering none of the goals were specialty teams. I think toon town is really missing Niemi

Wheatie Pete
01-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Schnieder is soft, a defensive liability, and wouldn't be on the top 6 d-men on any other contending team that didn't have his daddy as an alum and head of alumni board. We don't need "SMOOTH" as a #6 ,we need tough and defensively sound at #6. Someone that is a wanna be forward. There's a reason we got him for a song from Kamloops.
I agree Bestland isn't the greatest but he has a little of everything except height and sometimes good judgment ( 1 f@#$up per game). Good puck handler, hitter won't back down from other players

Miller is a project and is quickly improving, but also a liability in his own end.

No arguments with Melnynchuk, he just makes a few boneheaded plays and is soft

We really don't have any tough d-men

dagley
01-06-2010, 11:40 PM

Yeah but they went 5-1 on their trip and still hold games in hand on us.

dagley
01-06-2010, 11:41 PM

Urbom looked pretty nasty tonight for a change.

Allin44
01-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Schnieder is soft, a defensive liability, and wouldn't be on the top 6 d-men on any other contending team that didn't have his daddy as an alum and head of alumni board. We don't need "SMOOTH" as a #6 ,we need tough and defensively sound at #6. Someone that is a wanna be forward. There's a reason we got him for a song from Kamloops.
I agree Bestland isn't the greatest but he has a little of everything except height and sometimes good judgment ( 1 f@#$up per game). Good puck handler, hitter won't back down from other players

Miller is a project and is quickly improving, but also a liability in his own end.

No arguments with Melnynchuk, he just makes a few boneheaded plays and is soft

#28 and #32 are, but they aren't smart tough d-men.

With their size it would be nice to see Urbom and Robak throw their weight around, but its in neither of their games.

Keep Schneider as a #6 dman and he can play the point on the PP. I do not like having Glennie there right now. Im not sure if he is just starving for points or what, but the penalty was over and Glennie stayed on the ice as a dman, and it ended up in a rush coming back down against him.

sbtatter
01-07-2010, 07:18 AM
#28 and #32 are, but they aren't smart tough d-men.

With their size it would be nice to see Urbom and Robak throw their weight around, but its in neither of their games.

Keep Schneider as a #6 dman and he can play the point on the PP. I do not like having Glennie there right now. Im not sure if he is just starving for points or what, but the penalty was over and Glennie stayed on the ice as a dman, and it ended up in a rush coming back down against him.
KM said they are trying to utilize his right handed shot on the ice and, if he can play that position it created room up front for another skilled guy on the PP

sbtatter
01-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Agreed! Looked pretty solid.Melonhead looked awful as did Schnider. I like Melonhead on most nights, but he needs to be a bit more physical..

He's starting to play a little more physical. +27 looks pretty good on him (as did the "A" tonight.)

Joe Hallenback
01-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I can't really fault the team Defense last night. I think Lethbridge had maybe 2 chances outside the powerplay all night?

If the bottom guys can keep it simple they will be successful. Make good safe passes out the zone if not bang off the glass. Rush it out if you have room. They do this with the forward group they have they will be very successful