PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline thoughts and dreams

Wheatie Pete
01-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Try this on for size. Seattle T-Birds are a building team. Would they trade Calvin Pickard for our blue chip prospect in Liam Liston? Liston is only a year younger, throw in a few draft picks (1st and 2nd not in same year) and a prospect or two. Pickard is local (WPG) and may be just what this team needs. I know you guys are gonna slam down on me but it could make sense. Hamonic would be nice and we wouldn't really need him till playoffs, let him rest. Also Reddington, Deck, Archer or another defensive minded d-man is just what the dr ordered

Allin44
01-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Try this on for size. Seattle T-Birds are a building team. Would they trade Calvin Pickard for our blue chip prospect in Liam Liston? Liston is only a year younger, throw in a few draft picks (1st and 2nd not in same year) and a prospect or two. Pickard is local (WPG) and may be just what this team needs. I know you guys are gonna slam down on me but it could make sense.

Why the ****, would Seattle trade a goalie that they will have for 2 more years, who is a PROVEN #1 in the league, will either be the 1st or 2nd goalie taken in this years NHL draft either ahead of, or behind Campbell, for an unproven 16 year old.

Wheatie Pete
01-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Seriously if you put enough chum in the water the shark will bite. Kelly traded Chris Osgood who was a bigger prospect than Pickard to You guessed it SEATTLE!! the year they hosted the Mem Cup. Wheats got Chris Dingman and a few jobbers out of the deal. Also Trevor Kidd was traded to Spokane for a little known player named Marty Murray. Also just a blue chip prospect.
I said think about it, weirder things have happened. Remember the whole whl profits if their host and rep teams prosper in the tourney, the wheats aren't the only ones making money on this tourney.

Allin44
01-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Seriously if you put enough chum in the water the shark will bite. Kelly traded Chris Osgood who was a bigger prospect than Pickard to You guessed it SEATTLE!! the year they hosted the Mem Cup. Wheats got Chris Dingman and a few jobbers out of the deal. Also Trevor Kidd was traded to Spokane for a little known player named Marty Murray. Also just a blue chip prospect.
I said think about it, weirder things have happened. Remember the whole whl profits if their host and rep teams prosper in the tourney, the wheats aren't the only ones making money on this tourney.

How many years did Osgood play in the dub after the trade?

How about Trevor Kidd?

Seriously, guess.

Wheatie Pete
01-06-2010, 11:20 PM
All I am saying there have been some lopsided trades in the past for just picks and prospects. Ask Bob Cornell ,owners in this league , if they can help each other out to win they do. Cause it is in their best interest financially and if they are making a push down the road the help may be reciprocated. Who's to say if Pickard gets drafted this year his pro team says your playing in the AHL this year, you have nothing else to prove in the dub as you are on a awful team.

dagley
01-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I love the Eberle avatar. Also loved the "Trade for Eberle" sign in the crowd tonight.

Allin44
01-06-2010, 11:27 PM
All I am saying there have been some lopsided trades in the past for just picks and prospects. Ask Bob Cornell ,owners in this league , if they can help each other out to win they do. Cause it is in their best interest financially and if they are making a push down the road the help may be reciprocated. Who's to say if Pickard gets drafted this year his pro team says your playing in the AHL this year, you have nothing else to prove in the dub as you are on a awful team.

You lose credibility with every post.
if they can help each other out to win they do, Cause it is in their best interest financially
Please explain this logic to me. Really. I am dying to hear it.

Who's to say if Pickard gets drafted this year his pro team says your playing in the AHL this year, you have nothing else to prove in the dub as you are on a awful team

A legally binding agreement between the CHL and NHL?

brandonboy
01-07-2010, 12:12 AM
You lose credibility with every post.
if they can help each other out to win they do, Cause it is in their best interest financially
Please explain this logic to me. Really. I am dying to hear it.

Who's to say if Pickard gets drafted this year his pro team says your playing in the AHL this year, you have nothing else to prove in the dub as you are on a awful team

A legally binding agreement between the CHL and NHL?

I think he means when he gets drafted that they may put him in the AHL next year, but that don't work! Im pretty sure you need to be 20 to play in the AHL. So that would mean he goes back to his jr. team or goes right to the NHL and that prolly wont happen.
Im not 100% sure on the age thing though.

Rocketsfan
01-07-2010, 11:52 AM
I think he means when he gets drafted that they may put him in the AHL next year, but that don't work! Im pretty sure you need to be 20 to play in the AHL. So that would mean he goes back to his jr. team or goes right to the NHL and that prolly wont happen.
Im not 100% sure on the age thing though.

If you play in the Canadian Hockey League, you have to be 20 years old (overager) to be in the AHL or else in the NHL, and as for Wheatie Pete, I'm sorry but Russ Farwell isn't retarded. There's no even small thought in his mind he'd trade Pickard, let alone for a 16 year old kid with no WHL experience.

pensfan87
01-07-2010, 02:06 PM
No I can't see even a slight possibility of this deal getting done. Although if for some strange reason it does happen I would be pretty excited. Pickard is phenomenal and is only going to get better and better.