PDA

View Full Version : you be parker

wango tango
01-07-2010, 11:22 AM
what do you do?

the pats are 7 points out of the 8th and final playoff spot. regina will have to win four more games than swift current who currently hold the 8th spot, and only have 29 games left to do it in.

do you trade eberle, and teubert?

if you do then you are raising the white flag and saying to the fans we're rebuilding, this team has been rebuilding for a lot of years recently with little progress shown. this will be a big hit in revenue too. daddy parker won't be happy about that at all.

status quo?

get everybody back, and healthy. push for the playoffs, get as much gate as you can, who cares how bad we'll be next season, sports is a what have you done for me lately business anyway.

add more players?

not dealing away eberle and teubert leaves the cupboard bare for at least the next season, that far in the hole already, why not a little farther. pick up a depth forward, add a solid dman to compliment davidson and teubert.

no matter what parker does it will be seen as the wrong move, he is in an unwinnable situation, i don't envy him.

Joe Hallenback
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
I kinda feel bad for Pats fans because I still don't get the deals your GM has made.

While it is never a sure thing to predict what a team is going to be like year after year in this league right now I can't see Regina being very good next season. The more I watch Ashton play the more I see a very selfish and unmotivated player.

You could have easily moved Eberle and Teubert after the WJC for some quality 17 year olds plus draft picks/prospects. Your core next season would have included Weal,Hood,Davidson,Mitchell,Carlson,Hutt,Gustafass on,Bell,Spooner and Bortsmeyer plus whoever you got in deals and your top prospects. You probably would have been very good next season not great but in 2 years you may have been great.

Thats not to say all is lost. Eberle and Teubert could come back and get you in the playoffs and all bets are off once your there. The problem will come when those guys are gone next year.

Its all speculation really. Like I said you never know what prospects are going to be really good or not.

west coast
01-07-2010, 02:33 PM
would be smart if Parker was a seller at the deadline .There is obvious interest in Eberle and Tuebert that would bring in some youthful talent/draft picks.It would be nice to restock the prospect shelf.Parker should be considering offers for all 19 and 20 year old players!

patsdude114
01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Like i have stated before i am glad Parker isnt trading both these stars away (as he stated in the LP again today) Parker is brutal at trading away star players examples are Calder, Stuart & Harding he never gets solid prospects who work out for star players anyways. Maybe he has realized this.

Your core next season would have included Weal,Hood,Davidson,Mitchell,Carlson,Hutt,Gustafass on,Bell,Spooner and Bortsmeyer .

UMMMMMM i think you better take a look at our roster again the only guy who wont be our core next season is Hood (& that really doesnt bother me at all as he is a very lazy player) plus throw in Mappin & Orfino as 20 year olds, Ashton if he returns from the NHL also you forgot to mention Mulder who is by far our most improved player this year but Hunt wont play him in a offensive role even tho he put up huge #s with the Winnipeg Thrashers in his final year.

The way i see it is as the roster stands right now for next year sure we may not be challenging for the top spots in the conference will prob be battleing for as high as 7th but then again you just never know, players can grow & mature over the course of the summer & become totally different players. That is whats so special about junior hockey.

The way i also see it is Brandon fans especially are just choked cuz they cant get Eberle who would put them over the top for a serious Memorial Cup run. All season Brandon fans have been saying were getting Eberle & Teubert but they arnt even availble. They are the 2 classiest players that have played here since Rick Rypien, Rypien's last season as a 20 yr old Parker had deals thrown at him as well for his services but Parker turned them down as Rypien wanted to finish his career as a Regina Pat. Which is the same thing Eberle & Teubert want as well, as Teubert said in the LP today "we both want to be Regina Pat alumni, no one elses alumni" that speaks for these players as human beings as well.

Another point as well the trades Parker has made he has hardly given up much. Yes he traded Taylor Balog & a 1st round pick (the 2nd rd pick we gave will only be a difference of 10 picks from the 3rd we gave Leth, & Hood is too lazy of a player to be anything special) If Ashton comes back next season & has anywhere close to a solid season i would say that trade is a saw off. The deal with Vancouver trading Derek Tendler a goalie who couldnt find time in our crease this season anyways & who would always be behind Ketlo & Guhle why would keep a goalie on the protective list who has trade value now?? Plus we got Spooner for him who is suppose to be a very solid defenseman along with Mappin who will be back next year as well.

I would say Parker did not too bad in his deals as he always does as long as the trades arnt involving a star player.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Its a pretty tough call for any GM. First off, its impossible to gauge the talent level of this team when there were so many injurues, and the two big absenses. Also, if we keep the big pieces and repeat what happened last year will send alot of fans packing. But at the same time, trading them is going to make half the fans pissed that the team is throwing in the proverbial towel. Keeping the two players and ending the regular season as a playoff team will be fine by fans for awhile, but another first round exit would make this a huge waste. On the other side of the coin, missing the playoffs even if we make some good rebuilding trades would be just as bad for some

Theres no tougher place for a GM to be in. Personally, I think the best solution is somewhere in the middle, like an Eberle for Glennie type trade that isnt a complete 'sell' move...probably still make the playoffs. The main objective is to consider the value that Eberle has, and to a lesser extent Teubert's high value as well. We cant just piss that away. Parker seems to be doing his best to make it look like they are staying, while most everybody looks at the situation the team is in and trading them is smart and safe.

To be honest, its been beaten to death already, and I just want to see what happens. I will probably be mildly disappointed no matter what happens, as will most fans, which is what makes it so hard. Fans just arent going to be happy until the team is winning, and the long wait has only magnified that a hundred times over.

Joe Hallenback
01-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Like i have stated before i am glad Parker isnt trading both these stars away (as he stated in the LP again today) Parker is brutal at trading away star players examples are Calder, Stuart & Harding he never gets solid prospects who work out for star players anyways. Maybe he has realized this.

UMMMMMM i think you better take a look at our roster again the only guy who wont be our core next season is Hood (& that really doesnt bother me at all as he is a very lazy player) plus throw in Mappin & Orfino as 20 year olds, Ashton if he returns from the NHL also you forgot to mention Mulder who is by far our most improved player this year but Hunt wont play him in a offensive role even tho he put up huge #s with the Winnipeg Thrashers in his final year.

The way i see it is as the roster stands right now for next year sure we may not be challenging for the top spots in the conference will prob be battleing for as high as 7th but then again you just never know, players can grow & mature over the course of the summer & become totally different players. That is whats so special about junior hockey.

The way i also see it is Brandon fans especially are just choked cuz they cant get Eberle who would put them over the top for a serious Memorial Cup run. All season Brandon fans have been saying were getting Eberle & Teubert but they arnt even availble. They are the 2 classiest players that have played here since Rick Rypien, Rypien's last season as a 20 yr old Parker had deals thrown at him as well for his services but Parker turned them down as Rypien wanted to finish his career as a Regina Pat. Which is the same thing Eberle & Teubert want as well, as Teubert said in the LP today "we both want to be Regina Pat alumni, no one elses alumni" that speaks for these players as human beings as well.

Another point as well the trades Parker has made he has hardly given up much. Yes he traded Taylor Balog & a 1st round pick (the 2nd rd pick we gave will only be a difference of 10 picks from the 3rd we gave Leth, & Hood is too lazy of a player to be anything special) If Ashton comes back next season & has anywhere close to a solid season i would say that trade is a saw off. The deal with Vancouver trading Derek Tendler a goalie who couldnt find time in our crease this season anyways & who would always be behind Ketlo & Guhle why would keep a goalie on the protective list who has trade value now?? Plus we got Spooner for him who is suppose to be a very solid defenseman along with Mappin who will be back next year as well.

I would say Parker did not too bad in his deals as he always does as long as the trades arnt involving a star player.

I am not "choked". I am just trying to comment on what I would hope my GM would do if he was in your GM's situation.

The Ashton Deal makes sense if you guys are better than what you are. Even with Eberle in the lineup you guys are still just a medicore team. I watched you guys enough times against Brandon to realize if he is not awesome every single game you guys will lose more often than not. That is not the sign of a good team.

I don't know what it is about the Pats. I had you guys at in the top 4 in the east. Maybe it just comes down to bad coaching but for whatever reason you still believe you have a chance at winning. Surely you realize you don't by now? You cannot win in the playoffs in the WHL with one line.

localguy
01-07-2010, 05:18 PM
You are in a very similar situation than the Hurricanes last season at this time. We had a boatload of talent, and barely made the playoffs. We could have seriously re-stocked, and been in much better shape this year, or got our act together in the playoffs and make a run for the cup. Knowing now what we do, the second option would have been the better choice. You guys seem to have a stronger core of returnees for next year than we did this year as well, so I would stick with the program. You guys are getting 2 of the top players in the league back, and could easily get hot and finish in the middle of the pack with the way things are right now. I would think that maybe a tender, say Rowat or Jung, and you could make some noise.

patsdude114
01-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Oh i know i had us in the top 4 as well with the difference maker in Eberle.... but Parker would just F up a deal with Eberle anyways & we would be no better next year if we trade Eberle or dont cuz of this. Parker sucks arse when trading stars plain and simple.

Our defense is weak outside of Teubert & Davidson (& sometimes Delahey) our defense & goaltending is where we lose games. We have played Brandon good all season long yes we have no wins to show for it but outside of the 1st game of the year every game has been close. Even the game we gave u guys a 6-0 start before we decided to play hockey.

We were lacking depth up front as well but with the additions of Ashton, Mappin & Orfino this should help. If they do start to click we can still be a team to look out for, but then again our goaltending will let us down as Ketlo just isnt a every day goalie in this league. Im hoping Brett Martyniuk (who we got from Tri-City) can push Ketlo. Who knows maybe the Pats brass have given up on Ketlo since it is the 2nd time he has been hurt this year already & its not like he has been that reliable in net either. Guhle is a much better goalie then Ketlo is in my mind anyways.

I hope the Pats can put the year 2009 totally behind them, that is including last season as well in 2009. Time to start a new chapter cuz that last chapter was a waste of a few pages.

patsdude114
01-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Since this post was put up while i was creating my last 1....

You are in a very similar situation than the Hurricanes last season at this time. We had a boatload of talent, and barely made the playoffs. We could have seriously re-stocked, and been in much better shape this year, or got our act together in the playoffs and make a run for the cup. Knowing now what we do, the second option would have been the better choice. You guys seem to have a stronger core of returnees for next year than we did this year as well, so I would stick with the program. You guys are getting 2 of the top players in the league back, and could easily get hot and finish in the middle of the pack with the way things are right now. I would think that maybe a tender, say Rowat or Jung, and you could make some noise.

Im glad someone is finally seeing things the way i am. All it takes is playing ur best hockey entering the playoffs but then again out weakest point on our roster is goaltending, which does make our defense look worse then it is at times.

I wish we would of kept Rowat over Delahey, Kelto just hasnt been ready for the starting job all season long. Could of landed a 18 yr old Dman for Ketlo easily or just of made the Tendler trade much earlier in the year for a quality Dman. Oh how things could be done differently but every team could say that though.

With knowing our defense was going to be a bit weaker this season out of the gate you think you would of wanted an established goaltender In Rowat but instead Parker & Hunt choose to go with a unestablished defense & goaltender. So we made our bed now we are laying in it too.

wheatiesfan
01-07-2010, 08:01 PM
The first thing I would do is fire the GM. Ha Ha. :laugh:

The more I look at it, the Pats might as well keep Eberle and Tuebert and make another deal or two to go for it this year. A guy like Eberle only comes along every so often so you might as well treat your fans the rest of the year and try to make the playofs and have a good run. It's junior hockey, so anything can happen in the playoffs.

patsdude114
01-07-2010, 09:10 PM
The first thing I would do is fire the GM. Ha Ha. :laugh:

The more I look at it, the Pats might as well keep Eberle and Tuebert and make another deal or two to go for it this year. A guy like Eberle only comes along every so often so you might as well treat your fans the rest of the year and try to make the playofs and have a good run. It's junior hockey, so anything can happen in the playoffs.

i couldnt agree with u more on both comments lmao

sbtatter
01-07-2010, 11:25 PM
i couldnt agree with u more on both comments lmao
I hope you keep Eberle, that way, the Blades don't get him, Pats win one round in the playoffs and Regina's weaker for the next 2 years, mission accomplished!!!!

Allin44
01-07-2010, 11:59 PM
I hope you keep Eberle, that way, the Blades don't get him, Pats win one round in the playoffs and Regina's weaker for the next 2 years, mission accomplished!!!!

All of this is correct, except the Pats still wont win one round in the playoffs.

west coast
01-08-2010, 12:06 AM
so the trade deadline is on Sunday and Friday is Eberle bobblehead night and the mayor of Regina is calling friday - Eberle and Teubert day - hope the fans enjoy Friday because all signs are pointing at the MJ game as the last with these two longtime Pats.The Brandon and Medicine Hat rumours will come true on Saturday or Sunday , believe that!!

armypower
01-08-2010, 12:09 AM
I can't see parker trading Eberle away,he would look good
in a Hitmen uniform! Kelly Kisio always makes a trade at the deadline,
Will this be the year he lands the big fish? Eberle's parents live here
and we do have some good prospects and young players......

west coast
01-08-2010, 12:38 AM
calgary is looking hard for an experienced blueliner maybe the pats and hitmen will pull off a multiplayer blockbuster that will bring eberle and teubert both to calgary

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-08-2010, 01:14 AM
I think if Eberle is going anywhere, hes either headed to Spokane, or Brandon if they swoop in with an offer we cant refuse.

We are almost done with Calgary this season, so they could emerge as a possible candidate in the Eberle sweepstakes. Im curious as to what would go the other way there, though.

sbtatter
01-08-2010, 06:54 AM
With what he's going to cost, I don't want Eberle. Give me Reddington and Archer, and I'm more than happy with our team going forward.

Toswammi
01-08-2010, 07:50 AM
All of this is correct, except the Pats still wont win one round in the playoffs.

Assuming they make the playoffs. They have a good shot as long as they don't finish 6th or 8th. I would take on any other team in the confernce considering.

armypower
01-08-2010, 08:49 AM
The price will be too high for Eberle(which it should be),
I believe he stays and the pats make the playoffs..

wango tango
01-08-2010, 10:41 AM
The price will be too high for Eberle(which it should be),
I believe he stays and the pats make the playoffs..

word is eberle's price is two first round picks and a top list player. so think the setoguchi trade plus a little more. don't know if there is any gm in the league who will give up that much. eberle and teubert will remain pats and hockey fans in regina are in for a couple of very long seasons starting next year.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Assuming they make the playoffs. They have a good shot as long as they don't finish 6th or 8th. I would take on any other team in the confernce considering.

I agree. 7th spot is gotta be preferable to 6th or 8th. In 7th you almost certainly avoid the Blades and Wheaties. I think Regina with Eberle can give the Hat/Calg/Koot a good run for it. Realistically 7th is the best Regina can do. The other 6 teams are too far ahead and are playing too good.

Allin44
01-08-2010, 09:30 PM
that game probably isn't what he wanted to see

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-08-2010, 09:40 PM
well there was 6000 people there tonight, and thats all parker really cares about, so Im sure hes happy with what he saw.

Allin44
01-08-2010, 09:57 PM
well there was 6000 people there tonight, and thats all parker really cares about, so Im sure hes happy with what he saw.

I'd laugh but it wouldn't suprise me if McCrimmon drives the bus.

hockeyfan123
01-10-2010, 12:20 AM
After tonights game and Favreau having a -2 i would get rid of him either by trade or reassigning him. Hes a minus player with 1 goal I dont see him playing much this year. Sparrow i could see getting moved or going to the SJHL he rarely plays and when he does hes also a minus player with 0 points. I realize they are young but this teams needs to get better and they are not WHL calibre players. Just my opinion.

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 12:32 AM
There r a few players who rnt WHL calibre players on this team which includes all 3 (or 4 depends how u look at it) of our goalies

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-10-2010, 01:47 AM
seriously patsdude? Ketlo is allright by WHL standards(not great last starts, but had a good start to the season), and Guhle is a great young goalie.

Martyniuk is agile, but too small and not great positionally...which hurts alot. Might not be WHL calibre, the other two definitely are.

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 02:07 AM
oh Guhle is fine i agree, but is very inexperienced.. Guhle has past Ketlo in terms of which goalie it better between the pipes.

Ketlo had a good start to the year cuz teams were still getting to know each other & learning systems & such... he is avg at best but yet still abit below avg

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Parker has to face the reality that he needs 2 teams above him to hit the skids in order for you to even make the playoffs. If there was only one team you had to pass, it might be do-able, but with 2 ahead of you its next to impossible.
Projected points are
7th SC 80 points
8th RD 80 points
9th PA 75 points

So you need to get to 81 points, that means going 21 and 6, play at 0.777 clip which no team is at this year in the dub. Common sense dictates you sell off eberle and Teubert.
I hope you don't, because that means we don't waste picks on Eberle, it'll mean the Blades don't get the scorer they covet, and it means Regina will be weak for the next year or 2. But Parker, if he has any sense at all, will move Eberle and Teubert, it's the only sensible move he has left.

Bocephus
01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Parker has to face the reality that he needs 2 teams above him to hit the skids in order for you to even make the playoffs. If there was only one team you had to pass, it might be do-able, but with 2 ahead of you its next to impossible.
Projected points are
7th SC 80 points
8th RD 80 points
9th PA 75 points

So you need to get to 81 points, that means going 21 and 6, play at 0.777 clip which no team is at this year in the dub. Common sense dictates you sell off eberle and Teubert.
I hope you don't, because that means we don't waste picks on Eberle, it'll mean the Blades don't get the scorer they covet, and it means Regina will be weak for the next year or 2. But Parker, if he has any sense at all, will move Eberle and Teubert, it's the only sensible move he has left.
It would be foolish if these two WHL marquee players weren't traded and ended up missing the playoffs which is quite possible. It's unfortunate that the league can't step in and force a trade because these two players, especially Eberle, are the crown jewels of the league this season and they may not see any playoff action and their WHL careers are over.
Wouldn't it look good on the league to have Eberle in the Mem Cup for the entire nation to see?
It would incredibly selfish, let alone foolish, for the Pats to keep these two players, IMHO.

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Well i got talking with a friend last night at the Pats vs Tigers game and i came to realize the Parker is doing the same thing he did when we had Rick Rypien. He went to Rypien and asked if he wanted to be traded, not looking out for the best of the franchise. Of course if you give a player the option they are going to say no. But it did Rypien well to refuse a trade the next day after the WHL regular season was over he was on his way to play for the Manitoba Moose & is now a NHL regular tough guy, oh by the way did anyone see his fights last night against Brandon Prust?? 2 great fights by 2 middle weights.

Of course Eberle & Teubert are going to say no to trades, the quicker there WHL careers are over the better off they are. They will be on a plane the next day after the Pats season is over be it to the AHL or NHL. They get to play with much better players no matter if its on the Pats or any other WHL team. These players are elite & its just wasting time now waiting for there WHL careers to be over. Both players were ready for the AHL this season but couldnt go there due to there age.

Also the Pats dont need to go 21-6 just to make the playoffs they just have to win the games against the teams they are chasing and stay in the pack when not playing those 7th 8th & 9th place teams. Neither team who holds 7th 8th 9th spots are going to get on exceptional rolls they will play close to .500 hockey & as long as the pats can play .500 hockey as well & beat the teams they are chasing there is no need to go on the roll that u say they have too.

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Well i got talking with a friend last night at the Pats vs Tigers game and i came to realize the Parker is doing the same thing he did when we had Rick Rypien. He went to Rypien and asked if he wanted to be traded, not looking out for the best of the franchise. Of course if you give a player the option they are going to say no. But it did Rypien well to refuse a trade the next day after the WHL regular season was over he was on his way to play for the Manitoba Moose & is now a NHL regular tough guy, oh by the way did anyone see his fights last night against Brandon Prust?? 2 great fights by 2 middle weights.

Of course Eberle & Teubert are going to say no to trades, the quicker there WHL careers are over the better off they are. They will be on a plane the next day after the Pats season is over be it to the AHL or NHL. They get to play with much better players no matter if its on the Pats or any other WHL team. These players are elite & its just wasting time now waiting for there WHL careers to be over. Both players were ready for the AHL this season but couldnt go there due to there age.

Also the Pats dont need to go 21-6 just to make the playoffs they just have to win the games against the teams they are chasing and stay in the pack when not playing those 7th 8th & 9th place teams. Neither team who holds 7th 8th 9th spots are going to get on exceptional rolls they will play close to .500 hockey & as long as the pats can play .500 hockey as well & beat the teams they are chasing there is no need to go on the roll that u say they have too.

Rypien and Prust fights were great!
As far as standings go, the points are projections based on seasons records, and that already includes previous pats games against SC and RD, so you saying that as long as the Pats just play .500 but beat those 2 teams is false.
For example, you have 2 games against RD left and 5 with swifty. If you win those 7, and then play .500 against everyone else, that gives you 17 wins and 73 points, RD only have to get 13 wins of their other 27 games to beat you out. SC would only have to get 13 wins out of their other 24 games. So even if you sweep D and SC and go .500 against everyone else, those 2 teams only have to play .500 against everyone else (and they are above that through the first 2/3rds), that is how big a hole you have dug...

GlutenGlutton
01-10-2010, 02:10 PM

The problem is that the Pats aren't in the pack any more.
If you want to make up 10-12 points (which is what the spread is with games in hand thrown in) in two months you need to go on an absolute tear. Has this team given management and their fans any reason to believe that it can win at the rate Saskatoon, Calgary, Brandon and Tri-City have for the first 40 games?

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 02:16 PM
The problem is that the Pats aren't in the pack any more.
If you want to make up 10-12 points (which is what the spread is with games in hand thrown in) in two months you need to go on an absolute tear. Has this team given management and their fans any reason to believe that it can win at the rate Saskatoon, Calgary, Brandon and Tri-City have for the first 40 games?

And the Pats have to overtake 2 teams which makes it nearly impossible. Be different if it was just one team to leap frog.

Topshelf
01-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Trade EBs and Teubert, ya they are your best players, not good chances this year for a playoff run, get some good value in return, you guys can get a good future by letting these two and more go.