PDA

View Full Version : Blades-Seattle Trade

Hitmen1
01-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Seattle sends Acolatse to Blades

KENT — Seattle Thunderbirds general manager Russ Farwell today announced the team has acquired right wing Burke Gallimore from the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for right wing Sena Acolatse.

Gallimore is in his second season with the Blades and has 23 points on 12 goals and 11 assists. Last year with the Blades Gallimore had 53 point on 26 goals and 27 assists.

“We are excited to add Burke to our team,” said Farwell. “After a very impressive season last year he has proven he can score consistently and that will be a positive addition to our line up. We gain in age and scoring and both of these areas were attractive to us now and for the future. We want to thank Sena for his time here and wish him the best of luck in Saskatoon.”

Full Article Here. (http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=244535415100)

Trav
01-08-2010, 09:14 PM
hasnt really gone the way we all expect and to be honest I was kinda waiting for this to happen, there would be times when he'd do something good on the ice but in my opinion most of the time he seemed to be standing around, not that he's the only player to have done that on the team but I guess Molleken felt he needed to make a move and I'm curious to see how Sena does here, stats wise are the same, and he's older, the Blades have done well with getting 19 yr olds from Seattle in the past so hopefully Sena is another one. Previous ones that I can think of, Aaron Bader and Tim Preston and earlier this year Jeremy Boyer whose done well as of late.

Another thing, I've always wondered if Burke did as well as he did last year was because of Kytnar and Hulak, kinda think thats what happened cuz he's not on the first line this year.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Can anyone tell me what kind of player he is?

Thanks in Advance.

Toswammi
01-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I really wanted Sena to make it to Swift this year. Oh well.

Allin44
01-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Can anyone tell me what kind of player he is?

Thanks in Advance.
similar offense, he's a little grittier is the report that I heard on the WK broadcast tonight.

Dannyboy206
01-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Sena is guy with some good skills. He was a defensemen for 2 seasons but we converted him to a forward middle of last season. This season the coaching staff found his powerfull slap shot in practice one day and he proceeded to appear on the pp point and scored several goals in several consectutive games.
Sena anchored the 2nd line in Seattle for the last 2 months, but our offense is at a 20 year low,... much rebuilding is in store for us this season and next.

Despite the down turn in the Seattle play of late, Sena appears to continue to work hard.
By the numbers, it appears Seattle got the better of the deal? But I have a sneaky feeling the Blades will be very happy with this trade. Sena can be a tough guy force if need be as well.

I will miss him significantly

Toswammi
01-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Is it really surprising that the Blades brought in another big body?

lordstanley
01-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Is there really any need for McNaught now with Dziurzynski and Acolatse able to drop the gloves McNaught wont be back next season anyways As for Acolatse is it possible he is a weaker version of Brandon McMillan able to play defence and offence rough and tough and has a good slapper

Trav
01-09-2010, 10:21 AM
You might find him gone by tomorrow, just speculating here. I don't mind him though I prefer guys like that to be able to do more then fight lol.

sbtatter
01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
You'll probably find McNaught gone by tomorrow, least I hope.

Maybe we'll get him in for Hale?!!!!

wango tango
01-09-2010, 01:22 PM
gallimore i think will benefit from a change of scenery. he has tremendous scoring ability, he just played too soft out there, not hustling back to help out defensively, i'm sure he found himself in mollekens dog house.

i like the idea of getting acolaste. we don't lose much in the scoring area and he makes the blades more physical and hard to play against.

sounds like molleken is trying to do more, but there are other teams trying to do the same. should be an interesting day and a half.

reims
01-09-2010, 02:54 PM
i dont think the blades are done yet....but lorne aint stupid, these are the boys he actually drafted and look at how they are doing....dont get me wrong i would love to see eberle in a blades uniform, but im sure they want a steep price...and how do you mess with chemistry when they are a first place team...its a tuff call to make...but they do lack the natural goal scorer type...all blades goals come off of hard work

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah I know Molleken and the Blades brass likes tough guys but hopefully Acolatse can contrubute offensivly( at least a bit more than McNaught.)

It will be fun to see the Blades on Tuesday night!!!!!

Razz
01-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I think Regina (and some other teams) could have learned from this scenario about chemistry. Good point reims. Yes they are tough to play against and I still believe they will give Brandon a run. They are gritty.