PDA

View Full Version : Let's get er started!!!!

mccabe23
05-03-2005, 08:54 PM
BOOOOOOO WHEATKINGS!!!! GOOOOOOO ROCKETS!!!!

Best of luck to both teams! It should be a doozy! :thumb:

Any Wheatie fans coming up to Kelowna?

Joe Hallenback
05-03-2005, 08:57 PM
It will take one game and you will hate the Wheaties.

E_Girlie
05-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Just wanted to say congrats to the Wheaties for taking down the Raiders :clap: (something the rest of the East Division couldn't do). Goodluck in Kelowna :wave:

Knuckle Chucker
05-03-2005, 11:36 PM
It will take one game and you will hate the Wheaties.

I can vouch for that :laugh: It pains me but I have to hope the Wheaties can take out the Rockets and prove the East is where it's at. They have the talent. I just hope they are not too banged up. Oh Rocket fans you will soon learn how to hate the Wheaties. Mark my words. Fehr will cry but score. Later will hack and blow kisses at fans but set up goals. Monach will strut around like a peacock but score goals. And the best of all will be the smug coach chomping on his gum and crying to the ref before every period. It will drive you nuts.

Man do I sound bitter :(

Tinner
05-04-2005, 06:46 AM
if things go the way they have in previous years, that is, Brandon will bus and Kelowna will fly, that will make the biggest difference and the odds say Kelowna will repeat.

DoubleDee
05-04-2005, 09:07 AM
if things go the way they have in previous years, that is, Brandon will bus and Kelowna will fly, that will make the biggest difference and the odds say Kelowna will repeat.

I was under the impression from an earlier post on this subject in the Kelowna Rockets area that it has to be both teams flying or both teams bussing :confused: . But, who knows. The 2-3-2 game set up is interesting though. I believe the Rockets need to take the first 2 home games heading into your barn because who knows what will happen there. One thing is certin - both teams fought hard to get to the WHL final and this final is definitely classic east vs. west. Everett vs. The Hat series last year didn't ring as true (IMO)!

Question though - do you think your barn will sell out for this series? There were a lot of empty seats when Shaw was showing the Brandon/Calgary series.

Trust me Brandon fans - I know I already hate Fehr after his antics with the Calgary Hitmen :burningma !

BWK
05-04-2005, 12:28 PM
I was under the impression from an earlier post on this subject in the Kelowna Rockets area that it has to be both teams flying or both teams bussing :confused: . But, who knows. The 2-3-2 game set up is interesting though. I believe the Rockets need to take the first 2 home games heading into your barn because who knows what will happen there. One thing is certin - both teams fought hard to get to the WHL final and this final is definitely classic east vs. west. Everett vs. The Hat series last year didn't ring as true (IMO)!

Question though - do you think your barn will sell out for this series? There were a lot of empty seats when Shaw was showing the Brandon/Calgary series.

Trust me Brandon fans - I know I already hate Fehr after his antics with the Calgary Hitmen :burningma !
Don't know, and really don't care if Kelowna is driving to Brandon or flying to Winnipeg but The Wheaties got on the bus right after the game last night. It makes no difference to the Wheat Kings what mode of transportation the other teams use but they are used to the bus. When your shortest trip all winter is 4 1/2 hours you get used to the bus real quick

As far as ticket sales go, games 3 and 4 went on sale at 9 am this morning. When I picked mine up at 10:10 there was pretty slim pickings again. The problem with slow ticket sales against Moose Jaw was they were a team that the Wheaties were going to dominate. Everybody waited for the "real" play-offs to begin.

Against Calgary, games 1 & 2, they were an unknown. They had only played in Brandon once this season so there was no real play-off fever and they could watch for free on SHAW. I honestly believe that the feeling in the series against PA started out the same as against Moose Jaw, we would dominate.

You have to understand the mentality of the Brandon ticket buyer. I hate to generalize but will anyway. The average ticket buyer in Brandon waits until the very last minute. All season the Keystone is never sold out. There is no urgency to get your ticket early, so they wait... and wait... and wait... then they do something else. It is frustrating as hell, but, that is Brandon. However, because everyone now has play-off fever, there is that urgency, they know there will be a sell-out so they line up early and buy their tickets.

Last point, I may be getting old and forgetful but what did Fehr do in the Calgary series? I know everyone was pissed at Stone but all Fehr did was score goals.

DoubleDee
05-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Last point, I may be getting old and forgetful but what did Fehr do in the Calgary series? I know everyone was pissed at Stone but all Fehr did was score goals.

Yep - your right and I am wrong. I must be the old one! ;)

But, that was then this is now.

I didn't see the Stone hit but I hoped that Carson would be ok. I did see the Weber hit and also hoped Dawes would be ok. Clean? Dirty? Who knows?

Let’s hope this series goes well for both teams regarding injuries and that they play the game clean.