PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Aasman addition

Razz
01-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Seattle GM - Russ Farwell did it again!! I watched the T-birds via web last 2 games to see how Aasman would do as he didn't get much ice time in PA.. This kid looks amazing and will only get better with the amount of TOI (time on ice). He's had quite regular shifts & PP time in these 2 games and looked awesome, making the good first passes coming out of his end, plus getting shots on net. His defensive zone coverage was very very good for an offensive d-man. I think Seattle got the sweet end of this deal big time and I see them making a run for a mem cup in a few years with Aasman now added. He has quarterback written all over him. I'm sure his confidence was low & will come back just as will his game because he's getting ice time and developing. Nice to see T-birds utilize a full bench for 60 minutes.

4CHECK
01-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Were you involved in an accident at a nuclear facility, or have you always been able to see so clearly into the future? What a tool. You see a "run for the mem cup" now that Aasman is added? Using that logic, a good defenseman translates into a "run for the mem cup"?? What was Hickey- chopped liver??

Razz
02-06-2010, 01:17 AM
They have a really good young nucleus and this adds to it with the already solidified goaltending. It's sad the kid didnt get a chance to play in PA, especially with his character. Just wait till his confidence comes back. 16 yr old Jacobs will probably play pro at 19 also. I think Seattle has a very good coaching staff from how they utilize their WHOLE bench which will superbly develop younger players (eg. like Aasman, Pickard, Jacobs, Gallimore etc. ) playing in key situations. It sure as hell helps to make run in a few years for chance at a mem when you play the younger. How many organizations in this league actually stick to development? Med. Hat , Brandon , Kelowna to name a few. Well Seattle is one also and Farwell isnt dumb either. In about 1 1/2 years he turned a 10th round pick into a first by aquiring Aasman. Like he said players of this type RARELY come along. He's the best skater in the league (17 yr old) , but just has to work on his power which will come with more speed. Their young and competing already.

Eat yer own chopped liver with your specified tool , I prefer Tenderloin!

Dannyboy206
02-06-2010, 08:05 PM
It may seem strange, but one of the pluses to being basically out of the playoffs with a full month remaining, is that the coaches can use the entire bench with no worries for a month plus. Aasman can practice his quarterbacking skills, the 2nd line PK and PP units get tons of practice, etc. Pickard can even get a rest here and there. Despite Ryan not getting playoff experience this season (surely a downside), he'll get tons of ice against the top teams vying for home ice playoff seats. I can see confidence flowing into all of our younger guys now that they can make tons of rookie mistakes in real game situations. :groovy:

The one thing I do hope to see is the coaches try to coach more "creativity" into our boys. When the plan breaks down, I have to shut my eyes or turn away so I don't have to watch the bad decision that follows on the ice - I have to assume that it stems from how they practice. I don't know how you coach creativity and game situation awareness? It probably is especially hard when you are also trying to teach a system to 16 and 17 year olds.
And the other thing that was on my Christmas list, but still unfullfilled, is a want Russ to bring me 1 or 2 more tuff guys. A little more toughness has been prescribed here, so we don't get pushed around and intimidated. Kelowna used that game plan well against us the last 2 meetings. :mad:

Razz
02-06-2010, 11:06 PM
The type of creativity (fine tuned skills) your speaking of is " Raw Talent" which has to come from within the individual. One thing I really like about Aasman for an offensive d-man is that his D game is outstanding. That's something Offensive d-men lack. He sure doesn't. Jacob is already amazing . 2 superb additions to T-birds imo.

stoykoj
10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Well I guess the trade answers your question about Aasman. I am sad to see him go, he is a very smart player. He just didnt fit in with the new style of play that Sumner is coaching this year. The team decided to go for big and physical players that knock guys heads off!

trucker
10-22-2010, 08:53 PM
We are glad to have him in Swift Current! He should fit in nicely with our young defensive core. Have only heard good things about him... high bantam pick, skates well and P.P. quarter back potential. He missed tonights game against the Pats but is expected in the lineup Saturday or Sunday.