PDA

View Full Version : trade deadline rumors or thoughts

rebel
01-10-2010, 11:36 AM
just curious its been a slow day so far. any thoughts or rumors:groovy:

SectionNDeserter
01-10-2010, 11:43 AM
You probably won't hear anything till about 3 or 4 hours or more after the deadline, that is how it has been the last few years.

Hitmen1
01-10-2010, 12:16 PM
You guys buying the Ferraro trade rumors?

Rebelsfan13
01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. The Rebels have a perfect opportunity to make their team a contender for the next few years by what they do today!

rebel
01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
hard to say its only a rumor until a deal has been made but i do think ferraro is going somewhere cause he is not happy here

Hitmen1
01-10-2010, 12:35 PM
So what is the problem with Red Deer? What is causing him to be unhappy? The coach? The city? The team? The team actually is decent, likely a playoff team.

SectionNDeserter
01-10-2010, 12:36 PM
He is often injured, and seems to have lost a bit of his scoring touch. I actually wouldn't be totally opposed to it, if they got the right deal for him...

rebel
01-10-2010, 12:39 PM
i have no idea

Hitmen1
01-10-2010, 12:41 PM
He is often injured, and seems to have lost a bit of his scoring touch. I actually wouldn't be totally opposed to it, if they got the right deal for him...

Well for a forward with 40 goal potential, I would think they could get a good return.

Rebel~66
01-10-2010, 12:45 PM
If Ferraro wants out then I absolutely have no problem with it. I don't believe that he has quite lived up to his initial projection, even with 37 goals last term. Injuries may have played a part. Regardless, the Rebels could solidify contender status for the next two seasons with the right deal for him. Interesting to see if anything happens.

rebel
01-10-2010, 01:20 PM
just heard archer to brandon rumor

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 02:00 PM
just heard archer to brandon rumor

This exactly the trade I want. Archer and Reddington and manning type players will really help us....

Rebelsfan13
01-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Come on, we better have done something. If we didn't I don't get it, we may make the playoffs this year but next year we can do more than that if we position ourselves better at the deadline today especially if we don't think we'll get those players back next year e.g. Kuemper.

rebel
01-10-2010, 04:57 PM
so much for any rumors about trading anyone

Red celtic
01-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Come on, we better have done something. If we didn't I don't get it, we may make the playoffs this year but next year we can do more than that if we position ourselves better at the deadline today especially if we don't think we'll get those players back next year e.g. Kuemper.
So I take it you want the team to trade for a goalie then because if Kuemper does not come back next year we will have issues. Ferraro, Kuemper and yes even Coetzee have a good chance of coming back next year so if we don't do anything we will be all right.

rebel
01-10-2010, 05:08 PM
im pretty sure ferraro and cotzee are going to the red wings farm team and the only way kemps is staying is if min has to many goalies in there system

SectionNDeserter
01-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Ferraro isn't eligible to play in the AHL next season, but Coetzee and Kuemper can.

tiny
01-10-2010, 05:11 PM
I take bets on Ferraro going to Detroit's farm team next year.

rebel
01-10-2010, 05:14 PM
so ferraro who isnt happy will stay for now

Hawkie
01-10-2010, 05:15 PM
im pretty sure ferraro and cotzee are going to the red wings farm team and the only way kemps is staying is if min has to many goalies in there system

Coetzee could possibly be in Grand Rapids, and likewise with Kuemper in Minni's system ... but Ferraro has to come back to the Dub - there is no way around it.

tiny
01-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Coetzee could possibly be in Grand Rapids, and likewise with Kuemper in Minni's system ... but Ferraro has to come back to the Dub - there is no way around it.

That is why I was willing to bet with anyone saying he was going to the farm team.

rebel
01-10-2010, 05:20 PM
any way that he has been traded and nobody heard about it yet

Hawkie
01-10-2010, 05:25 PM
That is why I was willing to bet with anyone saying he was going to the farm team.

Oh .... so you were hustling? LOL

tiny
01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Oh .... so you were hustling? LOL

Love free icecream. LOL

Rebelsfan13
01-10-2010, 05:37 PM
I didn't suggest ferraro, but if he wants out and you get good value for him then I am ok with it. If you don't think you get Coetzee back or Kuemper then I think you move those two. I am not a big fan of using a 20 year old spot for a goalie anyway and we need to address our goaltending situation for the future.

Hitmen1
01-10-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm surprised we haven't heard or seen at least one move from the Rebels. Still early though, trades could still be trickling in.

Rebelsfan13
01-10-2010, 06:32 PM
The WHL website has posted a summary of the deals so it looks like the Rebs are standing pat.

hockey4
01-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm surprised we haven't heard or seen at least one move from the Rebels. Still early though, trades could still be trickling in.

Not suprised at all. No reason to give up anybody really. I personally would be suprised if coetzee and kuemper both played in the AHL next year, so no point trading away a good player for next year. The teams that desired a decent player paid through the butt to get it. Brandon fans will get a taste of playoff runs in 2-3 years, when they suddenly have a poor pool of prospects, now that they have given up that many picks .

We still have some good players out of the lineup that should give us a boost down the stretch. Playing good hockey as of late (even the recent loses), didnt think it was neccesary for wallin to shake things up.

Hitmen1
01-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Playing good hockey as of late (even the recent loses), didnt think it was neccesary for wallin to shake things up.

And imo that is exactly why we didn't see a trade from the Rebels today. This past weekend hurt them alittle but overall, the last 20 games or so they have been much better. Still in a dogfight for a playoff spot though.

Rebelsfan13
01-12-2010, 09:15 PM
I understand the arguement that by standing pat the Rebels have a better chance of making the playoffs. If Green gets healthy, Ferraro stays healthy and we don't lose anyone else then this team should GET into the playoffs.

My arguement before on trading players is because my goal wouldn't be to make the playoffs, my goal would be to win it all. That is why we play the game right? There is no way this team is going to win the memorial cup this year. They will be lucky to win a round in the playoffs.

My expectations are that we are building towards having a contending team. I don't see that being likely next year (even with the right trades at the deadline) but the following year (with Nugent Hopkins as hopefully a 19 year old returning WHL player) if we position ourselves I think that we can contend. Trading away, 20 year olds (if anyone would take Morin) or some of our key 19 year olds made sense to me for younger prospects that would help us regain the memorial cup.

It should be an interesting finish...

Hawkie
01-13-2010, 03:59 PM
I understand the arguement that by standing pat the Rebels have a better chance of making the playoffs. If Green gets healthy, Ferraro stays healthy and we don't lose anyone else then this team should GET into the playoffs.

My arguement before on trading players is because my goal wouldn't be to make the playoffs, my goal would be to win it all. That is why we play the game right? There is no way this team is going to win the memorial cup this year. They will be lucky to win a round in the playoffs.

My expectations are that we are building towards having a contending team. I don't see that being likely next year (even with the right trades at the deadline) but the following year (with Nugent Hopkins as hopefully a 19 year old returning WHL player) if we position ourselves I think that we can contend. Trading away, 20 year olds (if anyone would take Morin) or some of our key 19 year olds made sense to me for younger prospects that would help us regain the memorial cup.

It should be an interesting finish...

After next season (2010-11) and going into the 2011-12 season, Nugent-Hopkins would only be an 18 year old (not 19). If things don't change much by this time next year, and Nugent-Hopkins is a top 5 pick in the 2011 NHL Draft, it's very possible that Red Deer could lose both Ferraro and Nugent-Hopkins after the 2011-12 season.

SectionNDeserter
01-13-2010, 05:01 PM
After next season (2010-11) and going into the 2011-12 season, Nugent-Hopkins would only be an 18 year old (not 19). If things don't change much by this time next year, and Nugent-Hopkins is a top 5 pick in the 2011 NHL Draft, it's very possible that Red Deer could lose both Ferraro and Nugent-Hopkins after the 2011-12 season.I think that regardless of anything that occurs between now and 2011-2012, it is very possible that we could lose both of them.