PDA

View Full Version : Aschim to Kelowna

clockwise
01-10-2010, 04:17 PM
to kelowna for a 6th round 2010 bantam draft pick.

Sabes
01-10-2010, 04:22 PM
This one I don't like.

paraiders9
01-10-2010, 04:26 PM
oh i was happy about the last trade but this one is horrible..

EOK1
01-10-2010, 06:52 PM
horrible unless he demanded a trade...hes about 3 times better in all aspects then someone he could replace on the 4th line

Does Kochan do anything anymore?

SaskHockeyFan
01-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Raiderfan15, I heard he had asked for a trade.

Chipchura_Fan
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
wow... i dont like this :(

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2010, 08:06 PM
ouch

tuffguy
01-10-2010, 09:21 PM
6th for Aschim?? Doesn't matter if he wanted or not you get fair value. Funny, Bruno can overpay with the best of them, but rarely comes out on top in a deal --see Flette for a 4th--Tucker for a 2nd--and might as well throw in Frank and a 5th for Warg, or Aasman for Parker and a 5th. And then there is the Stanford deal--one of best goalies in league for a guy that won't be on team as a 20 y.o. and a project. You guys are all, wow, great deal blah blah blah. Wait til you see Warg can't turn with speed or that his brain stops when he carries the puck. Brutal day. You all just won't realize it til the Raiders are on the outside looking in at the playoffs, and all those kids start playing pretty good for their new teams. Surprised McNeill, Ruopp, or Harrison didn't get traded today. Raider plan, go from a young team at end of last season to oldest team in league and miss the playoffs. And you guys sit here and applaud what's going on. I will catch the occasional game, just so I can legitimately say I told you so, but season tix are not an option any more. If they are better this year I will eat crow and say so right here. May be ok next year with a million 19 year olds, but then what. Too many young guys traded, and not developed. And more guys will want out too. McNeill can only stomach watching others attempt to do what he can do, for so long. I like the Raiders, I really hope they achieve as a group, but I can't see it.

TinCupJoe
01-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Good luck to Aschim in Kelowna.

Razz
01-10-2010, 09:57 PM
6th for Aschim?? Doesn't matter if he wanted or not you get fair value. Funny, Bruno can overpay with the best of them, but rarely comes out on top in a deal --see Flette for a 4th--Tucker for a 2nd--and might as well throw in Frank and a 5th for Warg, or Aasman for Parker and a 5th. You guys are all, wow, great deal blah blah blah. Wait til you see Warg can't turn with speed or that his brain stops when he carries the puck. Brutal day. You all just won't realize it til the Raiders are on the outside looking in at the playoffs, and all those kids start playing pretty good for their new teams. Surprised McNeill, Ruopp, or Harrison didn't get traded today. Raider plan, go from a young team at end of last season to oldest team in league and miss the playoffs. And you guys sit here and applaud what's going on. I will catch the occasional game, just so I can legitimately say I told you so, but season tix are not an option any more. If they are better this year I will eat crow and say so right here. May be ok next year with a million 19 year olds, but then what. Too many young guys traded, and not developed. And more guys will want out too. McNeill can only stomach watching others attempt to do what he can do, for so long. I like the Raiders, I really hope they achieve as a group, but I can't see it.
Awesome someone else with common sense. Thank You

domino
01-10-2010, 10:04 PM
dont look now but Penner has 7pts in 7 games,with a good coach.When does Bruno get the boot

EOK1
01-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Maybe with Penner the way he is and Aschim asking for a trade, Martin and Manson not wanting to report, maybe there is something else going on.

All Penner needed was guidance and someone with enough hockey sense and patience to guide the kid.

tuffguy
01-10-2010, 10:27 PM
You think? Tendler quit too. Voracek has chance to come back and doesn't. Dotan went home. Persley wouldn't report so they trade him for a 13th. Lamb wouldn't come back. Vann went home. Smith asked for a trade. Malone went home. I'm sure there are some I forgot. Think there might be a problem or two here?

Wildeyes
01-10-2010, 10:36 PM
just to be fair Vann left under the clark era. Clark insulted and tore a strip off of Vann nothing about Bruno

Penner is playing Jr A hockey for a first round draft pick he should light it up in Jr A

Voracek is playing PRO hockey at home with family around why would he come and play Jr hockey

Lamb I dont think would of made the roster as a 20yr old Dotan was big and slow and would not use is size the right way he should be laying the body making people fear him. Players skated by and laughed.

Martin had a sore shoulder last yr and his mom told Bruno to not play him. And again with Penner all the whl scouts told the raiders to stay away from penner because he is a head case. But we picked him anyways. Nobody wants to use him just look at chilli they dont want him yet and Habby is there coaching.

EOK1
01-10-2010, 10:50 PM
When is the surgery?

Wildeyes
01-10-2010, 11:06 PM
When is the surgery? what ?

tuffguy
01-10-2010, 11:06 PM
just to be fair Vann left under the clark era. Clark insulted and tore a strip off of Vann nothing about Bruno

Penner is playing Jr A hockey for a first round draft pick he should light it up in Jr A

Voracek is playing PRO hockey at home with family around why would he come and play Jr hockey

Lamb I dont think would of made the roster as a 20yr old Dotan was big and slow and would not use is size the right way he should be laying the body making people fear him. Players skated by and laughed.

Martin had a sore shoulder last yr and his mom told Bruno to not play him. And again with Penner all the whl scouts told the raiders to stay away from penner because he is a head case. But we picked him anyways. Nobody wants to use him just look at chilli they dont want him yet and Habby is there coaching.

Lamb might have played, we don't know that. Martin had a sore shoulder?? So where is he this year? Hated Bruno and quit. Bruno was coach when Vann quit and is at least partly to blame.

Dotan quit. A kid like that should be dying to stay here. He gave his teeth (literally) to stay. He was treated like crap, and then they say they are re-assigning him. He quit.

Voracek has always had the door open to come back here. Why else would the Raiders have dropped Cedergren (brutal player) and listed Voracek a few weeks back.

The one that slays me is saying all the WHL scouts said not to pick Penner. Really? Everyone saw Penner was going to screw this thing up. WHL teams are in the habit of trying to help another team? Don't take this guy......"Oh thanks for that, our staff can't think for themselves" Chris Schlenker coached Penner the year of his Bantam Draft and couldn't say enough about him. Look at all the players that never developed in PA or quit. And I know Penner is no angel, but the Raiders did nothing to help the situation. Bruno sat on that til the last min and traded him for a bag of pucks. Could have traded him last year or the year before for a good return....Bruno sure showed him huh. The Raiders are the losers here. Players quitting or wanting trades, and over and over not getting enough for them or just leaving them on the list to rot. I'm just glad (for Aschim and Aasman) Bruno went nuts getting old for our big run this year (lol) and traded them while they have an opportunity to make something of themselves.

Rocketsfan
01-10-2010, 11:08 PM
What can I expect from Aschim now that I can see him play? What kind of player is he?

tuffguy
01-10-2010, 11:10 PM
A good two way player with good hands. He was captain of the MAAA team in P.A. last year and has pretty good character. Kid never played much here. Feel if he plays a good amount of ice, his confidence will build and he could be a real good contributor. Good kid that could be a top 6 forward on your team in next 12-18 months.

Wildeyes
01-10-2010, 11:12 PM
He does have some upside as a player played 4th line here Did really well with the mintos

Wildeyes
01-10-2010, 11:21 PM
We should have a good team for next yr as well we still have young talent coming in as we find sure we lost Aschim on our 50 man but look at the pick ups we have found Mackenzie is only 16 and by far BETTER than Dotan.

Look at the possible lines
herrod/redin/harrison-
parker/maylan/mcneil-
taylor/winther/euro -
mackenzie/danyluk/herle

Dfence

rowley,deck, button, hrynyk,yarworski,ruopp

Goalies tucker and williams

With Edwards and Glass on the 50 man

Extra players sutton basar, smith and steaurt and balson

Not to bad still hey I dont think Igor and Warg will be here

So we have 2 euros to draft

EOK1
01-11-2010, 12:01 AM
A good two way player with good hands. He was captain of the MAAA team in P.A. last year and has pretty good character. Kid never played much here. Feel if he plays a good amount of ice, his confidence will build and he could be a real good contributor. Good kid that could be a top 6 forward on your team in next 12-18 months.

Manson was the captain last season, Aschim wore an A

Razz
01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Hope the Raiders fans are reading these posts above.

Dwight Schrute
01-11-2010, 11:32 AM
what did martins sore shoulder haver to do with anything ?

Dwight Schrute
01-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Martin didnt feel his shoulder was in playing shape during the training camp. He then didnt make the team and doesnt appear to be playing hockey now. He is another one that didnt want to get in shape in the summer . Bruno commented on it On the raidio when asked where Martin was now.

ithought he hadashoulder injury last year as a 16 year old, then got verylittle time so was sent down (similiar to balson), then this year didnt report

Stanfordfan
01-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Martin quit hockey last year about midway through the season. I was with one of the guys from the Raiders when he called and told him.

Chipshot
01-14-2010, 09:19 PM
At the rate Campese is going, and with the reputation of kids leaving and leaving under his watch...no kid is going to report and all the young guys are gonna want a trade. I think the coach is the head case not Penner.

BruinsFan19
01-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Persley will be playing for the Bruins this weekend.

nthestands
01-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Penner is doing well too. 8 points in 9 games and over 10 pims per game

In what league? What team? Which Penner?

nthestands
01-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Man he bounces around clubs lots.

SaskHockeyFan
01-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Cole Penner had 6 points in his first 4 games in the AJHL. He now has 2 points in his last 8 games. Hardly setting the Junior A league on fire is he Domino. Oh, and by the way, 74 of his 109 minutes in penalties are for unsportsmanlike conduct. Ssssoooo happy he is not in the PA system anymore.

Raider Believer
02-06-2010, 01:40 PM
At the rate Campese is going, and with the reputation of kids leaving and leaving under his watch...no kid is going to report and all the young guys are gonna want a trade. I think the coach is the head case not Penner.

Hmmm... :confused: seems to me that you'd want a team with players who want to play for the Raider fans, want to be a part of the community and contribute to the success, history and culture of the team. Persley, Penner, Martin, Aschim all wanted out. Good luck to them. We wish them well. Playing for a WHL team should be an honor. This fan is grateful that Bruno has stocked the team with young talent. Yaworski, Ruopp, McNeil, MacKenzie, Balson, Williams and Winther, just to name a few, will be the face of the franchise for years to come. :clap: