01-10-2010, 05:06 PM
For Erdhadt and picks!

Not too much of a risk for us, he should recover nicely for the Mem Cup

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Perfect.

Wheatie Pete
01-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Nothing on whl.com, wheat kings .com , Kelly said he would make announcements a 6pm?

WHEATMAN
01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Its unconfirmed. But Luber has it in his twitter feed so I imagine its legit.

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Luebke's twitter.

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Wonder what the picks are but that's a nice deal for us considering we didn't have to part with Stone or Miller.

olwpgjet
01-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Havn't heard the picks yet but WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Kelly , you're the man.

Hitmen1
01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
From the tweeter feed:

Wheat Kings acquire Travis Hamonic (MJ) for Dallas Ehrhardt,1st round pick and two 2nd round picks

Allin44
01-10-2010, 05:29 PM
so who is the odd man out on D now?

I'm going to guess Miller..

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Hamonic is out for a month at least so plenty of time for Miller to play

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2010, 05:35 PM
basically going to be 3 2nds with how good the Wheaties will finish----it's a steal. IMO

Pretty much and with how good Kelly drafts I am not worried about it draft picks at all we tend to get great players late anyway

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 05:36 PM
That sure is alot of picks, but I guess picks are better than proven players like Stone.

Rebelsfan13
01-10-2010, 05:39 PM
It's on the WHL website now

Joe Hallenback
01-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Plus we don't have to give up some of our very good prospects like Eric Roy or Liam Liston

olwpgjet
01-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Hope it is not Miller, Schneider , then Melnychuk would sit if it was up to me before Miller, lol , I hope we still have him. Is there more to come ? Regina ???

Trevor
01-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Nothing from Regina. Parker either wouldn't or couldn't pull the trigger on any deals.

Allin44
01-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Nothing from Regina. Parker either wouldn't or couldn't pull the trigger on any deals.

Wouldn't. Said there wasn't enough talent coming back.

Beats the 0 they will have next year youd think

Hatguy
01-10-2010, 05:57 PM
A good trade for both teams. The Warriors aren't going anywhere this year and they've played decently since Bast came back. We get a good amount of picks and a defenceman to step in right away. The Wheaties get one of the best defenceman in the league and a Manitoba product so I'm sure Kelly likes that.

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Well Hamonic doesnt step in right away as he is injuried for amonth with a separated shoulder. But it is a nice deal for BRN forsure, the picks going the other way r a crap shoot at best yes they r high picks but see what they turn into 1st.

I thought Hamonic was worth more for a roster player tho then Dallas Ehrhardt. Yes he is a solid Dman as a 92 but prob looked alot better in BRN then he will in MJ. The Warriors are hoping the picks turn into something that wont help them at all next season in a very big season for them being that there new rink opens. This trade wont pay off for MJ for another 3 yrs at least.

Kelly MC bullies himself through another deal lol

Hatguy
01-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Well Hamonic doesnt step in right away as he is injuried for amonth with a separated shoulder. But it is a nice deal for BRN forsure, the picks going the other way r a crap shoot at best yes they r high picks but see what they turn into 1st.

I thought Hamonic was worth more for a roster player tho then Dallas Ehrhardt. Yes he is a solid Dman as a 92 but prob looked alot better in BRN then he will in MJ. The Warriors are hoping the picks turn into something that wont help them at all next season in a very big season for them being that there new rink opens. This trade wont pay off for MJ for another 3 yrs at least.

Kelly MC bullies himself through another deal lol

Considering the fact that the Warriors won't be making a run, the best move was to deal him. This is great for him since he gets to go and play in a Memorial Cup at "home". The Warriors got a lot for a three month rental IMO.

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Well its only alot if the picks turn into anything decent. The Bantam draft is a crap shoot at best.

I thought forsure with the offensive talent upfront the Warriors were going to hold off for Stone forsure. But seeing that is was 1 of the last deals announced the MJ GM was pushed into a corner by Kelly MC and buckeled under the pressure.

Even if the Warriors had kept Hamonic with the length of his injury it would of been hard pressed to get into the playoffs. The playoff money is HUGE to a community owned team like MJ.

I dont think this is a good deal for the Warriors to be honest. Not for what Hamonic is worth injuried or not. My boss is a Warriors fan a die hard fan and have talked to him already about the trades today in the WHL & in MJ and he isnt happy at all with what they got said "Jeff Truitt (MJs GM) got pushed around and was afraid of not getting anything for Hamonic" which is the case

Allin44
01-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Well its only alot if the picks turn into anything decent. The Bantam draft is a crap shoot at best.

I thought forsure with the offensive talent upfront the Warriors were going to hold off for Stone forsure. But seeing that is was 1 of the last deals announced the MJ GM was pushed into a corner by Kelly MC and buckeled under the pressure.

Even if the Warriors had kept Hamonic with the length of his injury it would of been hard pressed to get into the playoffs. The playoff money is HUGE to a community owned team like MJ.

I dont think this is a good deal for the Warriors to be honest. Not for what Hamonic is worth injuried or not. My boss is a Warriors fan a die hard fan and have talked to him already about the trades today in the WHL & in MJ and he isnt happy at all with what they got said "Jeff Truitt (MJs GM) got pushed around and was afraid of not getting anything for Hamonic" which is the case

Then its a good thing you are not a GM in the WHL I guess.

Look at what Barrie traded for Pieterangelo

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Ya but there is a huge difference in the 2 trades tho..... Barrie didnt have Pieterangelo all season until after the WJs they had only won like 12 games all season long. Keeping him would of been pointless. There not even in any type of a playoff race at all.

You cant compare apples to oranges. This trade doesnt help MJ now or next season in which will prob be the biggest in there franchise with the new rink. Althought it does give MJ a decent quality Dman at age 17. Just didnt think decent quality Dman is worth Hamonic.

You guys have every right to be excited for this trade dont get me wrong its a GREAT trade for BRN u guys hardly gave up anything for a top 3 Dman in the WHL.

Allin44
01-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Ya but there is a huge difference in the 2 trades tho..... Barrie didnt have Pieterangelo all season until after the WJs they had only won like 12 games all season long. Keeping him would of been pointless. There not even in any type of a playoff race at all.

You cant compare apples to oranges. This trade doesnt help MJ now or next season in which will prob be the biggest in there franchise with the new rink. Althought it does give MJ a decent quality Dman at age 17. Just didnt think decent quality Dman is worth Hamonic

So again. If it got down to the end of the day like you think it did, and Truitt got bullied into a trade.. is it not better getting 3 high(round wise) draft picks and a promising 17 year old player. As opposed to keeping Hamonic and missing the players and getting nothing.

Draft picks are king in the WHL

EOK1
01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Any chance of luring Aaron Ness?

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Any chance of luring Aaron Ness?

I read the other day that he wasn't coming here, unfortunately.

BSB
01-10-2010, 07:34 PM
its a GREAT trade for BRN u guys hardly gave up anything for a top 3 Dman in the WHL.

Yes, draft picks are a crap shoot, but they are still worth lots in the trade world. And yes, Hamonic is a top 3 dman in the league (if not the best), but he is also out for the next 6-8 weeks. That leaves less than a month and perhaps only a couple weeks of regular season play for him. Also, he likely won't be at his best for the first little while after returning from the injury and it will take a little bit to get used to playing with new teammates.

I don't think any other team would have offered anywhere near that much for a few weeks of a rental player. The WK's are not taking as much of a risk offering up that much though given they know they are going to still be playing in May when Hamonic should be back to World Junior form.

I don't see how you can call it bullying when I think Moose Jaw easily got market value and obviously no one else was willing to pay more.

EOK1
01-10-2010, 07:48 PM
On Bruces' blog, he spoke with Hamonic and Travis says he's already ahead of schedule and is targeting the 5-week point, so he could be back early for you guys. He sounded pretty excited.

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 08:08 PM
So should I alter my WK's jersey and put Hamonic on the back for Tuesday when I go to the game in Moose Jaw? :P Think it would be a good laugh but you never know what the fans there will do.

Allin44
01-10-2010, 08:11 PM
So should I alter my WK's jersey and put Hamonic on the back for Tuesday when I go to the game in Moose Jaw? :P Think it would be a good laugh but you never know what the fans there will do.

I'd imagine both of them would be pretty upset

EOK1
01-10-2010, 08:20 PM
I'd imagine both of them would be pretty upset

O snap

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Its the warriors fans id do it in a second lol but then again u better make sure u have a few buddies with u just in case those warriors fans get pretty upset & just want to fight right away.. i know this as i have been in a couple fights in my day at the civic center after game festivities lol

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Ya I know what you mean, went to an 8-0 blowout at the end of last season there and think me and my friend were lucky we didn't get into a fight. My aunt who lives in MJ but was born in Brandon is a big Wheaties fan but doesn't go to games there anymore to watch them because she was hit in the back of the head by a man once when she cheered for the Wheaties.

Toswammi
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Wow. MJ wins this trade hands down.

Allin44
01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow. MJ wins this trade hands down.

They did well, but at the same time Brandon is very deep in 15, 16, 17 year olds that 2 drafts shouldn't be a HUGE deal.

If we are bad next year, we can trade Schenn and/or Glennie at the deadline and probably more than replace the picks.

Wheatie Pete
01-10-2010, 10:34 PM
If Wheatie draft record runs true those draft picks won't amount to much. Kelly usually finds his best players in rounds 2 and on. More 1st round busts than homeruns. as of late. Hamonic well worth the price, especially not having to give up Stone or Miller and if for some weird reason Garth Snow wants him to stay in junior next year we could still have a pretty wicked team.

Toswammi
01-10-2010, 11:02 PM
They did well, but at the same time Brandon is very deep in 15, 16, 17 year olds that 2 drafts shouldn't be a HUGE deal.

If we are bad next year, we can trade Schenn and/or Glennie at the deadline and probably more than replace the picks.

Very true. Personally i would rather get known assets as the draft is a crap shoot. But if a couple of those picks turn out to be good they did very well for someone that would have been in there lineup for another two months.

pensfan87
01-10-2010, 11:09 PM
The draft picks really aren`t a deal breaker, i have more then enough confidence in brandons scouting staff that we will still be loaded with young talent for years to come. And what do you guys think is the possibility that Hamonic will be back next year, if he is then the deal tilts in our favor quite a bit!

lordstanley
01-10-2010, 11:26 PM
If it was possible to give the MEM CUP out early i mean is there really any team that matches up with Brandon in any catigorie now ?

Allin44
01-10-2010, 11:28 PM
If it was possible to give the MEM CUP out early i mean is there really any team that matches up with Brandon in any catigorie now ?

Windsor/Barrie are great teams.

Calgary always plays well

All of those teams will be far ahead of us in goaltending

Allin44
01-10-2010, 11:29 PM
The draft picks really aren`t a deal breaker, i have more then enough confidence in brandons scouting staff that we will still be loaded with young talent for years to come. And what do you guys think is the possibility that Hamonic will be back next year, if he is then the deal tilts in our favor quite a bit!

0%

pensfan87
01-11-2010, 12:17 AM
0% for real. I guess there is hoping tho! And you`ve gotta crop out eberle head and get half schenn half hamonic head on there lol!

Boltz9
01-11-2010, 02:45 AM
Just listening to the Hamonic interview on Luebke's site gets me pumped up. He sounds like a real smart kid. And it sounds like he really wants to win, should be a good leader for our team.

patsdude114
01-11-2010, 04:08 AM

0% chance he is drafted to the weakest team in the NHL the NYI, god forbide if he cant crack there AHL roster next season, but he has a very good chance of being a 4th 5th or 6th Dman in NYI tho.

Trevor
01-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Windsor/Barrie are great teams.

Calgary always plays well

All of those teams will be far ahead of us in goaltending

You can add St. John's and Drummondville to that list as well, both having very strong seasons in the Q.

EOK1
01-11-2010, 12:49 PM
You can add St. John's and Drummondville to that list as well, both having very strong seasons in the Q.

And Moncton.

Section Eight
01-12-2010, 12:34 PM

The Wheat Kings are ranked 9th in the CHL and are currently seeded 4th in the WHL so I think the anwser to your question is obvious. Hamonic is a major upgrade on the backend but let's get serious ...

Realistically I suggest; a 1 in 5 shot at a WHL Championship along with Toon, Hitmen and Americans (with an outside shoot given to a number of other teams) and a 1 in 3 shot at a Memorial Cup win on the basis of home ice (& a prayer that our goaltending holds up).

EOK1
01-12-2010, 08:49 PM
When are you guys going to start playing like a MC team? Your losing to MJ. Apparently the talent alone isn't going to win you games, hard work is needed.

Allin44
01-12-2010, 09:26 PM
When are you guys going to start playing like a MC team? Your losing to MJ. Apparently the talent alone isn't going to win you games, hard work is needed.

zomg we lost a game and are now only what.. 9-3 in our last 12?

<<Insert witty comment about Edmonton here>>

brandonboy
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM

Quit trolling over here and go back to the EDM thrend. Your an idiot...... Every team runs into a good goal tending performance once in awhile and like Allin44 said look at our rec, over the last 12. Put that up against yours....

lordstanley
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
zomg we lost a game and are now only what.. 9-3 in our last 12?

<<Insert witty comment about Edmonton here>>

Dude the Eberle dream is over change your avatar

Allin44
01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Dude the Eberle dream is over change your avatar

No

Boltz9
01-12-2010, 10:59 PM
I was at the MJ game tonight, worst effort I've seen by the Wheaties all year. Looked really slow and they were lucky the game wasn't 4 or 5 to 0. No clue how we possibly had 42 shots.

Boltz9
01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
And just to note, Fehr looked like he was injured pretty bad. Called for the trainer immediately and didn't put any weight on his left leg.