PDA

View Full Version : Will the Pats make the playoffs now they kept Eberle and Teubert?

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Here's a chance for posters to state where they stand.
i say they will miss the playoffs, and have a poor next 2 years after not trading these 2 guys

blerbtalksc
01-10-2010, 05:10 PM
The magic number is 23 and they have 2 teams to pass. Should be interesting.

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I think they could make everyone eat their words, I still don't feel confident enough to say that they won't make the playoffs. If they make it they would be like Lethbridge was last year, a team with lots of good players, but a team that underachieved during the season. A team that could upset someone.

Bocephus
01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
My vote goes in the no column.

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 05:23 PM

So is that a yes or no?

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 05:24 PM
I think they could make everyone eat their words, I still don't feel confident enough to say that they won't make the playoffs. If they make it they would be like Lethbridge was last year, a team with lots of good players, but a team that underachieved during the season. A team that could upset someone.

Give us a yes or no. We'll come back at the end of the season and see if parker was smart or a moron.....

SectionNDeserter
01-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Absolutely not

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
I think it is a YES & not only cuz im a hardcore Pats fan....

the guy above who said 23 i am thinking u mean we need 23 wins to make it in which i called ur BS hugely... SC PA MJ will be only .500 teams from here on our & as long as the Pats can stay at .500 as well but beat these teams when we play them we will squeak into the playoffs no problems

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 05:30 PM
I think it is a YES & not only cuz im a hardcore Pats fan....

the guy above who said 23 i am thinking u mean we need 23 wins to make it in which i called ur BS hugely... SC PA MJ will be only .500 teams from here on our & as long as the Pats can stay at .500 as well but beat these teams when we play them we will squeak into the playoffs no problems

I proved that theory wrong earlier on another thread. if you do exactly as you say, SC and RD only have to play .500 in their other games and you'll miss the playoffs. thanks for the vote though, good on you mate!!

blerbtalksc
01-10-2010, 05:35 PM
23 is the number of Pat losses or SC/RedDeer wins that will make Regina miss the playoffs. If they trailed one team I'd say yes, BUT too much to ask. No.

nthestands
01-10-2010, 05:44 PM
So long as you guys dont have another december, i think it will be a battle down the stretch. You have a some good clubs to face comming up and even the mediocre teams will be fighting

Trevor
01-10-2010, 05:47 PM
No.

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 05:47 PM
So long as you guys dont have another december, i think it will be a battle down the stretch. You have a some good clubs to face comming up and even the mediocre teams will be fighting

Yes or no?

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 05:58 PM
I proved that theory wrong earlier on another thread. if you do exactly as you say, SC and RD only have to play .500 in their other games and you'll miss the playoffs. thanks for the vote though, good on you mate!!

Id like to know where u get ur math from to be honest there is a possible 18 pts (22 if u include RD) between the Pats and these teams plus u have to take into effect that these teams play each other as well & there is only 1 winner as well. 4 point games is where u make up ur ground. The pats are only 8 pts out of a playoff spot the Pats would get away with going 6-3 against SC, PA & MJ from here on out a 7-2 record would put them in forsure being that that keep pace in other games. If u include RD into this as there is 1 point separating 6th to 9th there is 22 points up for grabs for the Pats a 7-4 record against these clubs gives the Pats an amazing chance of getting into the playoffs.

If the pats play like they did against MH that is 8th or 6th playoff spot is very abtainable. Pats 3rd string goalie killed us last night & were llucky to get the W in the shootout cuz of it. he gave up 3 very bad goals. I know im not a fan of Ketlo much but he would of made at least 3 of those saves forsure, the 3rd string goalie didnt make any saves out of the ordinary against MH. A key save here & there the Pats win this game hands down.

The team has played alot better then the record shows, the defense isnt as bad as it looks but the goaltending has been bad. I would really like to see Guhle steal the starting job from Ketlo as i think he is much more capable then Ketlo is.

The Pats had nothing for a roster over the the month of decemeber.. not many teams could do much with the roster we had due to injuries, WJs & under 17 commitments.

The only teams who got better were the top 3 teams in our conference BRN CAL & SAS the rest of the conference did nothing.

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Id like to know where u get ur math from to be honest there is a possible 18 pts (22 if u include RD) between the Pats and these teams plus u have to take into effect that these teams play each other as well & there is only 1 winner as well. 4 point games is where u make up ur ground. The pats are only 8 pts out of a playoff spot the Pats would get away with going 6-3 against SC, PA & MJ from here on out a 7-2 record would put them in forsure being that that keep pace in other games. If u include RD into this as there is 1 point separating 6th to 9th there is 22 points up for grabs for the Pats a 7-4 record against these clubs gives the Pats an amazing chance of getting into the playoffs.

If the pats play like they did against MH that is 8th or 6th playoff spot is very abtainable. Pats 3rd string goalie killed us last night & were llucky to get the W in the shootout cuz of it. he gave up 3 very bad goals. I know im not a fan of Ketlo much but he would of made at least 3 of those saves forsure, the 3rd string goalie didnt make any saves out of the ordinary against MH. A key save here & there the Pats win this game hands down.

The team has played alot better then the record shows, the defense isnt as bad as it looks but the goaltending has been bad. I would really like to see Guhle steal the starting job from Ketlo as i think he is much more capable then Ketlo is.

The Pats had nothing for a roster over the the month of decemeber.. not many teams could do much with the roster we had due to injuries, WJs & under 17 commitments.

The only teams who got better were the top 3 teams in our conference BRN CAL & SAS the rest of the conference did nothing.

Do the math, even if you beat RD and PA in all remaining games and go .500 on the rest of your games, they only have to go .500 to beat you. You need to play .777 overall to beat them out if they continue playing at the same %. So you're saying yes you'll make the playoffs?

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Take a look bud i said PA SC MJ & RD not just those 2 teams READ WHAT IS SAID

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 06:58 PM

You think you're going to win all remaining games against those 4 teams????? really buddy?
But all i want from you on this thread is a yes or no, and you said yes, we'll see who's right at the end of the season!!!!

Trevor
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM

The Raiders brought in one of the better 18 year old goalies in Tucker. IMO, they have the 3rd best duo in the dub now.

But more against your point, the only team who could be considered "catch-able" by the Pats who got weaker was MJ, who has 4 games in hand on Regina.

The Pats are currently 9 points back, and everyone except PA has at least 2 games in hand on Regina, making it potentially a 13 point spread. That's an incredibly steep hill to climb in 27 games.

west coast
01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
omg i cant believe the pats did not trade the big two, teams were lining up and offering up help for the future and the question here is do they make the playoffs? playoffs? the only sure thing is that the Pats finish above the PG cougars for last place overall, my vote is a NO on making the playoffs , their record is a .100 winning percentage in the past ten games!!!!

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
You think you're going to win all remaining games against those 4 teams????? really buddy?

You really need to take reading lessons i never said we are going to win all the games against those teams go back & read what i wrote. I stated 6-3 if its just PA, SC & MJ & 7-4 if it includes RD

Man you truely are up the creek arnt u

nthestands
01-10-2010, 08:43 PM

Pats are playing 500 hockey against PA, SC and RD. They have not figured out how to beat MJ yet.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-10-2010, 08:58 PM
MJ is just too fast for us. Funny how that works since PA seems to have their number, and yet the pats dont have much trouble against PA.

Its all about matchups. I dont think we will face MJ in the playoffs, so we'll be fine. Maybe we can squeeze in a win against them before the season ends.

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Completely off topic but does the opposing team at the Pats games come out of a tunnel? Just wondering because I was hoping to get my Schenn jersey signed when I'm at the game on Wednesday. Thinking after the warm up I could have a chance at it if I waited by the tunnel.

Allin44
01-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Completely off topic but does the opposing team at the Pats games come out of a tunnel? Just wondering because I was hoping to get my Schenn jersey signed when I'm at the game on Wednesday. Thinking after the warm up I could have a chance at it if I waited by the tunnel.

Do you just want Schenns siggy on it or what?

I would be willing to bet if you called the WKs office they could facilitate it

Allin44
01-10-2010, 09:28 PM
As for this thread, I vote no. And I hope they do not make it because I don't want to face them in the playoffs

JDubb
01-10-2010, 09:39 PM
I think it will be tough, but I do think they can squeak in to the playoffs. I was in favour of trading Eberle as it would be better for the future, but if the offers were mostly draft picks, I would rather watch him play the rest of the year.

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Do you just want Schenns siggy on it or what?

I would be willing to bet if you called the WKs office they could facilitate it

Ya just want Schenn to sign one of the numbers. I think it could happen if I wait for him to come off the ice after warm ups or the game and hold out my jersey.

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 10:32 PM
You really need to take reading lessons i never said we are going to win all the games against those teams go back & read what i wrote. I stated 6-3 if its just PA, SC & MJ & 7-4 if it includes RD

Man you truely are up the creek arnt u

So, you're saying 6 and 3 against PA, SC and MJ and .500 against all others?
That gives you 30 for a total of 69 points.
That means the others only have to get to 70
MJ need only 11 wins in 31 games to get 70
SC need only 11 wins in 29 games to get 70
RD need only 11 wins in 29 games to get 70
PA need only 12 wins in 27 games to get 71

I think it's the Pats who are up the Creek!!!
You're still saying yes to them to make the playoffs, correct?

pensfan87
01-10-2010, 11:14 PM
If the pats turn it on they will but i dont see this happening because i feel they dont have the depth to do it. They do have a heck of a good line in eberle, weal, and ashton tho.

Allin44
01-10-2010, 11:27 PM
I think it will be tough, but I do think they can squeak in to the playoffs. I was in favour of trading Eberle as it would be better for the future, but if the offers were mostly draft picks, I would rather watch him play the rest of the year.

And then what about 2 years from now..

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-11-2010, 12:47 AM

its too hard to tell what happens that far ahead. Weal and Guhle are 19, so we wouldnt be short on top end talent. For all we know we get another gem type player to become the new Eberle/Weal, and keep it going.

This year we are a playoff team, but whether win the up hill battle the roadtrip gave us remains to be seen. We have done well against SC, RD, PA, MH and teams below them even without Ashton, and have shown we can play with Brandon, and Saskatoon and Kootenay to a lesser degree. MJ (and maybe calgary(even without getting all the calls)) seems to be the only team that really owns us.

We have a good record with a full lineup, and I think we are capable of making the playoffs this year, and depending on the matchups, the playoff picture isnt completely lost. It will be interesting to see.

sbtatter
01-11-2010, 08:34 AM
People who have said the Pats will make the playoffs
SAJ
Jdubb
Patsdude114
Toswammi

People who said they won't make the playoffs
Allin44
Pensfan87
Sbtatter
Trevor
Westcoast
Bocephus
SectionNdeserter
blerbtalksc
Joe Hallenback
negli99
Trucker
Reims
wow
wango tango
canes crazy
Scott
Raiderfan15
t-man

Be interesting to see who gets the honour of being correct at season end!

Joe Hallenback
01-11-2010, 08:58 AM
I am going to say no. They have to catch 2-3 teams and all those teams have games in hand. They would need to go on quite a roll and I don't think they have any depth outside the first line to do that. They can upset a good team once and awhile but its those games they should win that they won't.

A good test will be Wednesday when Brandon comes to town.

negli99
01-11-2010, 09:18 AM
No

trucker
01-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Jot me down for a "no" as well. Jordan is the man, but he can't take the Pats to the playoffs. Discipline and Depth kills Regina and that will be the story to ANOTHER season to flush down the drain. I Like SAJ's determination though.

sbtatter
01-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Jot me down for a "no" as well. Jordan is the man, but he can't take the Pats to the playoffs. Discipline and Depth kills Regina and that will be the story to ANOTHER season to flush down the drain. I Like SAJ's determination though.

Yup, Parker's relying on fans such as SAJ to carry him through the rest of the season and to buy tickets for next year.....

Razz
01-11-2010, 11:00 AM
They should have cleaned house this year instead of trying the opposite, as they have to compete with Brandon and Saskatoon

reims
01-11-2010, 11:05 AM
no

wow
01-11-2010, 01:03 PM
I think it will be way too much of an uphill climb for the Pats to make the playoffs so I say no. That sure was a nice package MJ got for Hamonic, hard to believe the Pats could not have done better by trading Eberle. Most teams nine points out and having to pass two teams in order to make the playoffs probably would have unloaded Eberle or Tuebert or both. Oh well, hope it works out for the guys in the room, they were kept together and hopefully they come together and play themselves into the playoffs. I would be happy to eat my words at the end of the season.

wango tango
01-11-2010, 01:10 PM
can the pats catch red deer, swift current, and/or moose jaw. yes.

will they? no.

spotting an opponent a 9 point lead, meaning the pats would have to win five more games than the rebels, broncos, and warriors. it's not an insurmountable lead, but really tough. and there are the raiders only a point out of 8th between the pats and the post season.

four teams to pass or catch, 10 points, with almost all those teams having games in hand. it's too much.

Boltz9
01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
It's still tough for me to say, I'm going to the game in Regina on Wednesday and I guess I'll have my prediction after that. If I had to pick I'd say no.

CanesCrazy
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
But I have to vote no on this one too.

west coast
01-11-2010, 02:41 PM
do the Pats have talent? YES can the Pats be successful trying to win games 9-7 NO making the playoffs will be tough , guess they have to take it one game at a time , playing a solid team like Brandon next will be a test as Brandon plays it tight and capitilize on mistakes - sure loooks like a lot of non believers in Pats nation

Scott
01-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Can you blame them??? There is more drama with there fans than most highschool dances. I feel bad for you guys, you have the best junior player in the world yet upper managment(Parker) seems to know how to screw that up. The Pats had a once in a decade chance to deal Jordan and now they will suffer for years to come because of it. I think I just made my own day thinking the Pats will still suck for years to come. Have fun watching web tv come march cause there is NO chance you making the playoffs.

sbtatter
01-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Going to be a lot of us eating crow if the Pats make the playoffs!! What a reward if they do get to 7th or 8th, a series against Stoon or Cgy!!!!

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
01-11-2010, 06:04 PM
What will even make it tougher on the Pats is that a lot of the teams they are chasing can still earn a point in a loss.

sbtatter
01-11-2010, 06:11 PM
What will even make it tougher on the Pats is that a lot of the teams they are chasing can still earn a point in a loss.

I agree, and I really dislike the loser point. I like 3 points for a regulation win, 2 for a OT or Shootout win and 1 for the OT shootout loss.

eighty
01-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I think 2 for regulation and OT win, 2 for a shootout and 1 for a shootout loss. No OT loss point basically.

Trevor
01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree, and I really dislike the loser point. I like 3 points for a regulation win, 2 for a OT or Shootout win and 1 for the OT shootout loss.

Personally, I think hockey should abandon the point system entirely, and use winning %, like every other major North American sport.

sbtatter
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Personally, I think hockey should abandon the point system entirely, and use winning %, like every other major North American sport.

I wonder why it hasn't gone to the baseball % system?

patsdude114
01-11-2010, 10:59 PM
The only reason the NHL wont go to the 3pts for reg W 2 in OT & SO but NO point for the loser... why should the lossing team get rewarded for lossing?? makes no sense.

Heck even if u only made a SO W worth only 1 pt u would get teams pushing harder for that goal in OT same goes for the final minutes of regulation to get 3 pts in the standings would make a huge difference.

I am standing behind my team to make the playoffs but without Ketlo in goal (if he is still out) come wednesday Brandon is going to pick apart this 3rd string goalie we have... It will be VERY ugly on wednesday if Ketlo isnt back... yes im not a fan of Ketlo much but this 3rd stringer just isnt WHL calibre at all.. could be ok as a back up at best there is alot of pressure on this kid right now. So i am hoping for a Ketlo return come wed or it will get ugly & ill prob be home by the end of the 2nd period.

sbtatter
01-12-2010, 08:21 AM
We have 16 who say no, 3 who say yes.

sbtatter
01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Bad night for the Pats with 2 of the teams they're chasing winning. That's why I think they'll miss the playoffs, they have to overhaul 2 teams, not just 1.....

t-man
01-12-2010, 09:48 PM
We have 16 who say no, 3 who say yes.

Make that 17

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-12-2010, 09:49 PM
you have to take the 4 point games into consideration. If the pats do well in those games, combined with the timely wins during opponent losses, making the playoffs might not be all that impossible.

sbtatter
01-13-2010, 10:12 AM
you have to take the 4 point games into consideration. If the pats do well in those games, combined with the timely wins during opponent losses, making the playoffs might not be all that impossible.

RD are 8th and the magic number for Regina to snag 8th (any combination of RD wins and Regina losses) is still 23.

JDubb
01-13-2010, 12:17 PM

One can only guess what would happen in two years regardless. In years the Pats should be good, they don't go deep in the playoffs either. Drafting players so young is a crapshoot. Some turn out and some don't. Eberle, as an example, was nowhere near a first overall bantam draft pick.

sbtatter
01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Magic # didn't change even with the Pats win because now it's PA they are trying to catch, the # is still 23

Toswammi
01-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Add me to the yes (I said it in an earlier thread...maybe in December) so i am gonna stick with my original answer.

patsdude114
01-14-2010, 10:53 PM
i cant believe this thread has 2481 views in only 4 1/2 days

sbtatter
01-14-2010, 10:56 PM
i cant believe this thread has 2481 views in only 4 1/2 days

Everyone either loves or hates the Pats, no in betweens!!!! Funny thing is, for all of the views and opinions, after a week of hockey the Pats magic number is still 23!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-14-2010, 11:51 PM
I must be missing something, but what do you mean by the magic number being 23?

patsdude114
01-14-2010, 11:59 PM
SAJ i gave up trying to figure out how this guy figured out that number... like with him saying the pats had to go 21-6 just to make the playoffs..... he is not a number cruncher at all i quit trying to understand his numbers lol

sbtatter
01-15-2010, 12:33 PM
I must be missing something, but what do you mean by the magic number being 23?

Any combination of regina losses and PA wins means you miss the playoffs. The magic # is always measured against the team in final playoff place

sbtatter
01-15-2010, 12:35 PM
SAJ i gave up trying to figure out how this guy figured out that number... like with him saying the pats had to go 21-6 just to make the playoffs..... he is not a number cruncher at all i quit trying to understand his numbers lol

See post above for the explanation of the "magic #"........

patsdude114
01-15-2010, 01:33 PM
i know what the magic number means what i dont get is how u come up with 23 lol

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-15-2010, 02:56 PM
dont worry about it, pats dude. That number is for the long run. Currently, the pats are 8 points behind PA and their playoff spot. We play swift, the team right infront of us, 3 times in the next 5 games. It will speed things up and we could either gain or lose alot of ground on them...but since 2 of them are home games, I like our chances.

PeacefulChaos
01-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Even though Eberle is awesome, I still vote NO.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Please explain how you got this number. Are you using a combination of Pat's losses and some one elses, say Red Deer wins? Also what about the 3 pt games?

Pat's make the playoffs........Not this year! Too many 3 point games in the league and they need to catch and pass 2, not just 1 team.

Fight Guy
01-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Put me down for a yes! The way they played last week, I would have lost hope. But this week, that good team 'on paper' is now looking good on the ice. They played Brandon and Edmonton very well thus far, and if they keep this play up through out the rest of the season, they should have no problems securing a playoff spot.

The Pats look like a different team out there. They've been blocking shots, great passes, and everyone is working their ass off! ...with the exception to Strueby. Not that he's playing bad, but he isn't putting in the same effort as everyone else. In addition, they have been hitting hitting hitting!!!

Tonight, Hricina showed off his skill and size well and was able to finish on a great play to the net! Same with Mitchel. Two goals in 9 seconds tonight!

Ketlo had looked good too these two games. If he can keep his play up, the Pats will be just fine.

blerbtalksc
01-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Some_Arrogant_Jerk I must be missing something, but what do you mean by the magic number being 23?

HURRICANE'S ROCK Quote:
Originally Posted by blerbtalksc

Please explain how you got this number. Are you using a combination of Pat's losses and some one elses, say Red Deer wins? Also what about the 3 pt games?

Pat's make the playoffs........Not this year! Too many 3 point games in the league and they need to catch and pass 2, not just 1 team.

Firstly I only did the magic number thing this early as a joke because it there is too much season left and the separation between playoff and non playoff teams is too small. Secondly the three point games put a wrinkle in that cannot be accounted for until the result is in, that's why it works better in baseball and basketball where there are no ties.

6 MJ GP-44 W-24 L-15 OTL-2 SL-3 Pts-53
7 RD GP-46 W-24 L-18 OTL-0 SL-4 Pts-52
8 PA GP-48 W-24 L-21 OTL-1 SL-2 Pts-51
9 SC GP-47 W-24 L-21 OTL-0 SL-2 Pts-50
10 Reg GP-48 W-20 L-24 OTL-3 SL-1 Pts-44

Hypothetically, the maximum points the Pats can attain if they win all there remaining games (24), would be 92 points. In order for PA, who is 8th today, to finish ahead of Regina, they need to finish with 93 points. 93 minus the 51 they are at leaves 42 points or 21 wins, and that becomes the "magic number". The number goes down as the non playoff team's losses increase and the last playoff team's wins increases. The basic formula is: wins required by last playoff team to reach point level unattainable by non playoff team even if non playoff team wins all its games. Wins required is the magic number. Like I said earlier, it's easier to do with less games left and less teams involved and no 3 point games. Hope this answers any questions and if anyone else knows a better or clearer way to explain it, feel free.

On another note, very entertaining game last night for 5641 in attendance. Who's that number 7 on the Pats? ;) Even with that Pats jersey on, that kid is worth the price of admission.

sbtatter
01-31-2010, 10:07 AM
magic # now 17

sbtatter
02-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Magic # for PA in 8th spot vs Regina is now 16 (any combination of PA wins and Regina losses totaling 16 means Regina miss the playoffs)

west coast
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
so the Pats didnt show up till the second period.Are you kidding me? Last nights game as is every game from here forward is a must win and there is no excuse to just not show up for a period or more.It is with that attitude that the white towel will soon be waved.It is just about time to call up some youngsters to get some seasoning for next year.Tonites game vs Red Deer can be seen nationwide on Sportsnet tonite.Hopefully all the beautiful people of Regina can make it to tonites game.(fat popcorn eating guys will be welcomed too)

sbtatter
02-02-2010, 10:19 PM
1 loser point means the Magic # for PA in 8th spot vs Regina is still 16 (any combination of PA wins and Regina losses totaling 16 means Regina miss the playoffs), Pats cooling off a bit maybe?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I can see the headline on the newspaper now...

"Pats SOL again"

(double meaning)

west coast
02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
a pretty solid effort by Pats -it will be good for the team to have a breather between games.The top guys on club must be exhausted .Hunt sure is playing his horses alot.I am not sure if Ashton and Eberle have to kill penalties in addition to pp time and double shifting.I thought Ketlo has been the difference lately .He is playing so well.The schedule doesnt get any easier for the Pats (are there any easy games in this league}

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Magic # for PA in 8th spot vs Regina is now 16 (any combination of PA wins and Regina losses totaling 16 means Regina miss the playoffs)

Not if some of Regina's losses are in O/T, but I know what you mean.

sbtatter
02-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Not if some of Regina's losses are in O/T, but I know what you mean.

Yeah I just base the magic # on 2 point games, serves the purpose for charting the Pats progress regarding Parkers HUGE gamble

sbtatter
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Now the Warriors are in 8th place, the magic # is 15.......

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-03-2010, 10:16 PM
They wont be there for long, since they have the games in hand. Technically we are still chasing PA.

sbtatter
02-03-2010, 10:22 PM
They wont be there for long, since they have the games in hand. Technically we are still chasing PA.

Magic # against PA is also 15.....I'm actually hoping the Pats make 8th place b/c they might be able to take down the Blades in the 1st round.....

sbtatter
02-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Magic # for MJ in 8th place against Regina is 14

sbtatter
02-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Magic # for MJ in 8th place against Regina is still 14

sbtatter
02-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Magic # down to 13 games now...

patsdude114
02-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Very safe to say the Pats will NOT make the playoffs... i am a die hard Pats fan & i have stopped dreaming the dream.. come March 14th Edmonton will be very happy to get Eberle away from Hunt's brutal coaching & give him some top coaching in the NHL & AHL ranks (most likely AHL) heck even LA & TB will be happy to give Teubert & Ashton some AHL games or even practice with them is better then what Hunt has to offer.

I am sick of seeing pathedic efforts with no will, Parker is happy with mediocre teams as long as he gets 4000 fans in the building. I for 1 am not buying season tickets next year if Parker is still GM. Im starting to question Hunt's abilities over the course of the season. Edmonton Oil Kings compete harder then we do just they have less skill.

How pathedic is it to miss the playoffs back to back years with a guy by the name of Jordan Eberle on ur team. Last season we had more scoring depth & a much better goaltender & ended the season horrible from mid december til the end of march. This season Eberle is by far the best player in the league with no help from his 20 yr olds around him. Leffler at this rate wont even score 15 goals after a 33 goal season last year. The only bright spots on this team this season is Eberle's continued amazing play, Teubert stepping up his game to what the LA Kings knew he could as last season wasnt that graet after WJs, oh & Myles Bell is definately a bright spot along with Weal. The rest of the season has been a wash board at best.

sbtatter
02-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Magic # down to 12 games now for the Warriors against 10th place Pats...

lordstanley
02-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Brent Parker:turkey:

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-11-2010, 03:35 AM
We are doing that bad, huh? Almost better Im not there to see it, not that Im surprised we lost to Calgary.

Regardless whether we see the playoffs or not, season tickets are not in the cards for me next year...that is unless Parker steps down(because he wont be fired). Last season was the worst example of management I have ever seen or can think of at any level, and just when you start to believe again, he makes the selfish move at the deadline and potentially screws the team over. Just like last year when he picked the cheaper Derkatch over the proven Habscheid which ruined the season, he keeps the stars instead of looking out for the franchise's needs this season.

Patsdude is right, you know you suck when you miss the playoffs not once, but twice with Eberle on your team. Its shameful. But obviously its always been about making more money, and while real GMs care consider the future, Parker does not. On the bright side, this could be an indication that he is willing to sell soon. It doesnt make much sense to do what he did, and leaving a team like he will next year is a Parker type decision, unless he just wanted to make the most cash he can now and milk it for what its worth. We can only hope so.

That being said, we arent completely out of the race yet. We could win a string of games and the teams ahead could lose and before you know it we are in contention again. Theres still a chance things could change fast, but at this rate, being on the outside looking in, we are going to need some luck with the results. I dont believe in Parker, but I believe in the team.

wango tango
02-11-2010, 01:41 PM
what would frustrate me most, if i was a pats fan, is missing the playoffs last year, the possibility of missing them this year, and with pretty significant player departures the probability of missing the playoffs next year. but that's not what would frustrate me most.

it's the fact the teams around me in the standings this season (moose jaw, lethbridge) made moves to make themselves better as soon as next season. the parker family wants the extra playoff money, don't doubt that's what this is all about. if the pats don't make the playoffs this year, not only will the parkers not have playoff money last year, this year, or probably next year.

of course all of that could be someone else's mess to clean up, if the team was sold. talking with friends in regina, that is now the only way they will return to watch a game, which i think is unfortunate. don't punish the kids for poor ownership and management.

patsdude114
02-12-2010, 02:49 PM
how are we punishing the kids??? we are the one's spending $350 on season tickets not them. Why should i spend that kind of money on poor coaching decisions & poor management who only cares about the final dollar.

Ill still go to a few games i just wont go out of my way & turn down different minor events cuz i have a Pats game to go too that night.

The Pats biggest problem this year was lack of experience in goal as well as a young defense. That wont be the case next season we will have a very solid back end & hopfully Ketlo & Guhle mature into capable goaltenders (which im sure will happen as Ketlo has been proving himself abit more lately) The offense will be lead by Weal/Ashton/Gustafsson & Mitchell, as well dont be surprised if Mulder breaks out abit next year as well. With him being a older player next year at age 19 Hunt will actually play the kid who has alot of untapped offensive skills. After all he did lead all of the Manitoba Midget AAA in scoring at age 16. He shows sparks of it this year getting chances setting up linemates but they dont play a regular shift to stay sharp when they get a chance. This is the problem with Hunt's coaching, play the crap outta his older players where the younger kids kind of just sit around waiting for that shift. Hunt still doesnt realize in today's game you need to run 4 lines on a nightly basis. Not just when were up by 2 or 3 goals.

Be it Hunt's fault for the way he coaches or maybe its Parker telling him how things need to be done (which has happened in the past with our past coaches) there needs to be a major shake up in the front office. Parker MUST go he doesnt get the job done plain & simple. Id love to see the Parker's sell & the new ownership group (be is Sillinger & Heward or rumoured 1 of the Sutter Brother's) move Hunt into a GM role with young Shaun Sutter moving into the Head Coach position. Young Sutter has a bright future coaching in the WHL. He has at least learned some things as being an assistant coach all season long, something that i think should of been done with Derkatch then move into the Head Coaching position.

lordstanley
02-12-2010, 03:18 PM
how are we punishing the kids??? we are the one's spending $350 on season tickets not them. Why should i spend that kind of money on poor coaching decisions & poor management who only cares about the final dollar.

Ill still go to a few games i just wont go out of my way & turn down different minor events cuz i have a Pats game to go too that night.

The Pats biggest problem this year was lack of experience in goal as well as a young defense. That wont be the case next season we will have a very solid back end & hopfully Ketlo & Guhle mature into capable goaltenders (which im sure will happen as Ketlo has been proving himself abit more lately) The offense will be lead by Weal/Ashton/Gustafsson & Mitchell, as well dont be surprised if Mulder breaks out abit next year as well. With him being a older player next year at age 19 Hunt will actually play the kid who has alot of untapped offensive skills. After all he did lead all of the Manitoba Midget AAA in scoring at age 16. He shows sparks of it this year getting chances setting up linemates but they dont play a regular shift to stay sharp when they get a chance. This is the problem with Hunt's coaching, play the crap outta his older players where the younger kids kind of just sit around waiting for that shift. Hunt still doesnt realize in today's game you need to run 4 lines on a nightly basis. Not just when were up by 2 or 3 goals.

Be it Hunt's fault for the way he coaches or maybe its Parker telling him how things need to be done (which has happened in the past with our past coaches) there needs to be a major shake up in the front office. Parker MUST go he doesnt get the job done plain & simple. Id love to see the Parker's sell & the new ownership group (be is Sillinger & Heward or rumoured 1 of the Sutter Brother's) move Hunt into a GM role with young Shaun Sutter moving into the Head Coach position. Young Sutter has a bright future coaching in the WHL. He has at least learned some things as being an assistant coach all season long, something that i think should of been done with Derkatch then move into the Head Coaching position.Solid post and i agree that not having a vet goalie may have hurt you this year magine even having a guy like Holtby from last year would have done the guy stole alot of games

sbtatter
02-12-2010, 11:45 PM
MJ's magic # to beat Regina out for the 8th spot is now 11.

agent
02-13-2010, 12:08 AM
MJ's magic # to beat Regina out for the 8th spot is now 11.

Does this factor the 4 point night on the 23rd when the Pats are in Moose Jaw?

west coast
02-13-2010, 02:06 AM
omg it apppears to be a snails race for the final playoff position.Dont count out the Pats.Surely 2pts against the Oil Kings are in the cards.

Razz
02-13-2010, 02:55 AM
Maybe Pats and Raiders can change coaching staff. Haha Forget it the league needs some new blood.

sbtatter
02-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Does this factor the 4 point night on the 23rd when the Pats are in Moose Jaw?

Yup, it means MJ need a combination of their wins and regina losses equalling 11 to finish off the pats playoffs hopes. Eg, if regina lose 4 more games, MJ have to win 7 more, but if Regina loses 6 more games, MJ only have to win 5 more

sbtatter
02-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Raiders magic # is also 11 against the Pats....

agent
02-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Yup, it means MJ need a combination of their wins and regina losses equalling 11 to finish off the pats playoffs hopes. Eg, if regina lose 4 more games, MJ have to win 7 more, but if Regina loses 6 more games, MJ only have to win 5 more

Well its way to confusing for me I would rather look at it this way. :confused:

Regina must beat Brandon 3 times ,Saskatoon twice ,and MJ at home to be in.:D

Then hope that the Warriors can't win against Lethbridge twice , Chilliwack once , and Swift twice , or squeak a lucky home win here or there against an average team over the next 16 games .

dagley
02-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Regina wont beat us, or Saskatoon again this year. Kudos to Ebs for being a loyal guy.

reims
02-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Regina wont beat us, or Saskatoon again this year. Kudos to Ebs for being a loyal guy.
oh really??...we will see bout that

sbtatter
02-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Since the WJC
Eberle 16 games 10g 9a -2
Schenn 15 games 9g 15a +11
Glennie 18 games 11g 15 a +8

Pedersen says Eberle looks gassed. i though Schenn looked pretty tired last night also.

Arthur Fonzerelli
02-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Solid post and i agree that not having a vet goalie may have hurt you this year magine even having a guy like Holtby from last year would have done the guy stole alot of games

Holtby is having an MVP year playing JrA for the Victoria Grizzlies in the BCHL.

Boltz9
02-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Ya Schenn had some what of an off night last night. But with our depth we can still pull out wins without our top players playing at their best.

west coast
02-13-2010, 04:00 PM
sutter said that fans would be shocked to see who the healthy scratches were, i was not very flabbergasted to see that parker and sparrow were among the scratches .Lets hope the Pats get the 2 points against the Oil Kings

sbtatter
02-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Swifty now in 8th, their magic # over the Pats is 10

patsdude114
02-14-2010, 12:32 AM

Why are you even worrying about MJ in this whole magic number thing they have 3 games in hand & are tied with SC for 7th there fore SC is currently in 8th the only teams the Pats have to worry about is SC & PA.. MJ has too favourable of a schedule infront of them they WILL make the playoffs no questions asked.

SC & PA are the teams the Pats worry about here 1 point separating both of themwith SC having 62pts Pats have 57pts a difference of 5 pts. The pats play SC twice & PA once... if they can keep pace like they have been, throw in a win against a team maybe they shouldnt beat like BRN, SAS or VAN.. the Pats must go no less then less then 3-3 against those 3 teams (that they play 6 times in total) The BRN games will be the toughest out of those 3 teams & we just happen to play them 3 times from now til the end of the year.

patsdude114
02-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Holtby is having an MVP year playing JrA for the Victoria Grizzlies in the BCHL.

Umm i think u need to go look up your facts abit better then u do... Holtby is playing in the AHL for Hershey Bears he has posted great numbers in 19 games played 16-2-1 with a 2.04 GAA & a amazing .928SV% which is up in the league leaders. Holtby always had all the tools to be an elite goaltender, he was the main reason the Blades had the year they did last season.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-14-2010, 03:07 AM
Why are you even worrying about MJ in this whole magic number thing they have 3 games in hand & are tied with SC for 7th there fore SC is currently in 8th the only teams the Pats have to worry about is SC & PA.. MJ has too favourable of a schedule infront of them they WILL make the playoffs no questions asked.

SC & PA are the teams the Pats worry about here 1 point separating both of themwith SC having 62pts Pats have 57pts a difference of 5 pts. The pats play SC twice & PA once... if they can keep pace like they have been, throw in a win against a team maybe they shouldnt beat like BRN, SAS or VAN.. the Pats must go no less then less then 3-3 against those 3 teams (that they play 6 times in total) The BRN games will be the toughest out of those 3 teams & we just happen to play them 3 times from now til the end of the year.

Because MJ could lose every one of those games and become the team we try to pass. It might not happen, but you treat it that way. I also think this number thing is stupid considering that teams are too close for it to mean much.

I dont care if its only edmonton we beat, we gained ground on some teams. It was a good night for flyers and pats fans for a change.:)

sbtatter
02-14-2010, 09:38 AM

I just use the magic # against the 8th placed team. It's all good!!

Arthur Fonzerelli
02-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Umm i think u need to go look up your facts abit better then u do... Holtby is playing in the AHL for Hershey Bears he has posted great numbers in 19 games played 16-2-1 with a 2.04 GAA & a amazing .928SV% which is up in the league leaders. Holtby always had all the tools to be an elite goaltender, he was the main reason the Blades had the year they did last season.

My bad, Ryan Holfeld is playing for the Victoria Grizzlies.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Not looking good for the Pat's. Magic number down to single digits at 9 vs Swift Current after the Bronco's upset the Ice in Cranbrook tonight.

If Swifty plays .500 hockey with 5 wins and a O/T loss out of their 11 games to end the season the Pats have to go 9-3. If Regina went 9-3 they would end up tied in points at 75 and a playoff for the 8th seed would be needed. With their last 3 games being 1 with the Blades and 2 with the Wheaties that could be the 3 losses there. That means Regina just about has to win the next 9 in row or hope Swift or M.J. go in the tank.

Allin44
02-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Destiny may not panic with 5.4 seconds left but it does get desperate.. with 5 weeks left the Pats may want to do the same

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-17-2010, 01:45 AM
It can be done. Worry about your own team.

And stop with the magic numbers. They are 4 points away from PA, and when adjusted, 5 away from SC. MJ could continue to plummet too, and maybe come within the pats reach. Go countdown our demise in your own forum, we dont need to see it here. Better yet, have a countdown to the day that brandon continues its ageless streak of never winning the memorial cup.

Flathead
02-17-2010, 06:21 AM
Keep dreaming Regina. This year is done for you guys. Next year, get rid of Parker, make the playoffs. It's too bad he will never step down or get fired. But he IS your problem!

sbtatter
02-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Regina's problem was that they had to pass 2 teams for that 8th spot, it was always very unlikely that 2 teams would play less than .500 down the stretch, thus ensuring the Pats would have to play .750 hockey, which was always going to be tough for a 1 line team. Looks like the Parker gamble will fail. Even though I predicted they would miss, I wish they could sneak into 8th place and battle the blades to a 7 game series and weaken them!!!!

sbtatter
02-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Magic is now against Moose Jaw, and it's 9

Allin44
02-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Brandon
CWK
MJ
VAN
SC
SASK
SC

thats a tough 11 days.. win against MJ and SC though and it puts you right back in the hunt

west coast
02-18-2010, 11:31 PM
just win baby....Eberle for MVP

Allin44
02-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Had to work late so I didn't rent it. Big win Brandon tonight, sounds like Teubert wouldn't let Stone say no to the fight and sounds like it didn't end well for Stone.
"The best news for Regina right now is that Eberle is in the penalty box because if I'm Brandon and he hits the ice.. who knows" - Lubke.

Nice of that all-star of yours to hack Urbom then have McColm have to jump in.

Enjoy golfing and happy mediocrity next year as well.

trucker
02-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Had to work late so I didn't rent it. Big win Brandon tonight, sounds like Teubert wouldn't let Stone say no to the fight and sounds like it didn't end well for Stone.

"The best news for Regina right now is that Eberle is in the penalty box because if I'm Brandon and he hits the ice.. who knows" - Lubke.

Hahaha i love that!!! Parker is the man!!! He makes it so easy for the rest of us to keep on laughing at the Pats organization!! You hang in there Parker, I enjoy your "mediocrity"! Good job tonight Wheaties!! :groovy:

brandonboy
02-19-2010, 11:04 PM

Think you'll change your avatar now? lol

Allin44
02-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Sorry, I get a little hot sometimes, and the rivalry between BDN REG gets the best of me.

I see the picture on Pedersens blog, not sure what Hale did, Pedersen says he jumped him, everybody at the game says otherwise.

It just really really bugs me when a tough-er guy like Teubert doesn't give a guy like Mark Stone who doesn't fight(often) and who has a damaged hand no chance to say no.

I don't understand however, why KM wouldnt just have Hale, Walker, Sinatynski, Bestland, Miller out in that 5 on 3 in a 10-2 game. I guess you don't expect a guy to do that

bcas70
02-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Hale probably took some liberties with a much smaller guy. Pedersons blog shows a good picture of the kids broken nose.... may have played a part in how the game ended up.

sbtatter
02-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Hale probably took some liberties with a much smaller guy. Pedersons blog shows a good picture of the kids broken nose.... may have played a part in how the game ended up.

Mitchell wanted to fight, hale didn't chase him for 20 seconds slashing him

sbtatter
02-19-2010, 11:23 PM
MJ in 8th place and their magic # is now 8.

bcas70
02-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Mitchell wanted to fight, hale didn't chase him for 20 seconds slashing him

Totally agree, Mitchell was a willing combatant and dropped his gloves at the same time as Hale...he was just largely outsized and matched and I guess now has a good broken nose and 2 nice shiners for the next week!

drummermajor
02-19-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't understand however, why KM wouldnt just have Hale, Walker, Sinatynski, Bestland, Miller out in that 5 on 3 in a 10-2 game. I guess you don't expect a guy to do that

KM said at the end of the game that he wanted to give the younger guys a chance for experience. He claimed that he didn't see the need to try to shove another goal or two with the top lines in this big of a lead.

brandonboy
02-20-2010, 01:29 AM
KM said at the end of the game that he wanted to give the younger guys a chance for experience. He claimed that he didn't see the need to try to shove another goal or two with the top lines in this big of a lead.

Thats what Allen is trying to say! Why didnt he have some of the guys that dont usually run on the pp out there. Instead he had Schenn, Raedeke, Stone, Miller and Bestland out. In a 10-2 hockey game with emotions on the high end there is no way KMac should of had those guys out, it should have been Hale, Walker, Miller, Bestland and Lewwy for almost the whole last min. or two..... Even Schenn would have been a better dance partner for Coltin but he's a ***** and picked the weakest player on the ice...

west coast
02-20-2010, 05:10 AM
the good news from the brandon game was that jordan eberle had 2 pts and was a plus two , the bad news is the Pats got spanked 10-2

drummermajor
02-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Thats what Allen is trying to say! Why didnt he have some of the guys that dont usually run on the pp out there. Instead he had Schenn, Raedeke, Stone, Miller and Bestland out. In a 10-2 hockey game with emotions on the high end there is no way KMac should of had those guys out, it should have been Hale, Walker, Miller, Bestland and Lewwy for almost the whole last min. or two..... Even Schenn would have been a better dance partner for Coltin but he's a ***** and picked the weakest player on the ice...

That wasn't the line that was out. Schenn, and Miller all came out onto the ice after the fight had happened. If I remember correctly it was Stone, Weibe, Raedeke, Bestland and Schneider. Basically their third line was out.

sbtatter
02-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Moose Jaws magic # remains at 8

sbtatter
02-22-2010, 07:33 AM
Now PA's magic number is 7.5, lets round it up to 8. Good news for Pats was that this wasn't a "3 pointer" game

sbtatter
02-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Swift in 8th, their magic # is 6 now.....
Who scored the own goal for Regina?

blerbtalksc
02-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I think all that should matter to Wheatie fans is that Teubert is the one that missed the pass.

Scott
02-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Nothing better to a shi**y game tonight in BDN to read that the Pats scored on there own net hahahahahaha enjoy a early golf season in the gap:D

patsdude114
02-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Im glad to say the Pats season is officially over as of tonight (even tho the math side of things say its not)

Nice to see the WKs lost, my point again is proven by the WKs that they cant compete on the same level against the top dogs in the league. They can roll over the teams 5th through 12th no problem its the teams like Saskatoon, Calgary, Kootney that give them problems & will be a problem come playoff time when its a best of 7 series. All i have to say is GOALTENDING. Oh & not even Hamonic will be able to save Brandon's defense

GlutenGlutton
02-24-2010, 01:46 AM
Im glad to say the Pats season is officially over as of tonight (even tho the math side of things say its not)

Nice to see the WKs lost, my point again is proven by the WKs that they cant compete on the same level against the top dogs in the league. They can roll over the teams 5th through 12th no problem its the teams like Saskatoon, Calgary, Kootney that give them problems & will be a problem come playoff time when its a best of 7 series. All i have to say is GOALTENDING. Oh & not even Hamonic will be able to save Brandon's defense

Sorry to burst your bubble bud but Brandon has only lost 4 of 15 in regulation against those teams this year. Tough time to be a Pats fan, but at least do your research before trying to take it out on teams that actually have a chance. Really do hope for all of you that major changes are coming, the Parker era just seems to be an endless spiral.

pensfan87
02-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I tried to hold it in for so long but I cant anymore and I dont even know where to start other then I hate the pats and there is nothing I enjoy more then watching them miss the playoffs year after year.

Got a bunch of cowards on your team and you ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Great decesion to keep teubert and eberle in hopes of getting some playoff cash parker your moron. Better of that teubert stayed with you guys anyways he may aswell get used to golfing cause his hockey career isn't looking to promising anymore.

And as for eberle, (yah he can turn it on) but I have never seen such a selfish hog in MY OPINION, I have yet to see him pass on a 2 on 1 / 2 on 0.

Cant wait till the pats come back to brandon for their last game of the season. Should be one for Teubert to remeber!!!!

reims
02-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I tried to hold it in for so long but I cant anymore and I dont even know where to start other then I hate the pats and there is nothing I enjoy more then watching them miss the playoffs year after year.

Got a bunch of cowards on your team and you ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Great decesion to keep teubert and eberle in hopes of getting some playoff cash parker your moron. Better of that teubert stayed with you guys anyways he may aswell get used to golfing cause his hockey career isn't looking to promising anymore.

And as for eberle, (yah he can turn it on) but I have never seen such a selfish hog in MY OPINION, I have yet to see him pass on a 2 on 1 / 2 on 0.

Cant wait till the pats come back to brandon for their last game of the season. Should be one for Teubert to remeber!!!!

dont forget your trying to catch stoon in a playoff race!!!...i would love to see you guys lose focus to a pat thats going nowhere in the last game of the season, not to mention possible injuries like broken hands???....i really think it will get overhyped and nuthin will come of it.

brandonboy
02-24-2010, 12:17 PM
dont forget your trying to catch stoon in a playoff race!!!...i would love to see you guys lose focus to a pat thats going nowhere in the last game of the season, not to mention possible injuries like broken hands???....i really think it will get overhyped and nuthin will come of it.

I agree! This same type of situation happend a few years back with the Raiders and everyone couldn't wait till the next game to see some fireworks, but nothing happened. And again with the hit on Derlago a couple of years back (that I thought was a clean hit) ppl figured the next game was gonna be a circus! All that happened was Webb put a high stick into mcgilvery's(sp) chops and gave him a beating and ended up getting suspended for his actions.

I really think Hunt and KM will keep the fireworks down abit this time around prolly just see Hale, Milller or Bestland go after Teubert. I think Schenn could handle him as well but I really doubt KM or any wheat king fan wants to see that!
Just my opinion though...

sbtatter
02-24-2010, 12:52 PM
I agree! This same type of situation happend a few years back with the Raiders and everyone couldn't wait till the next game to see some fireworks, but nothing happened. And again with the hit on Derlago a couple of years back (that I thought was a clean hit) ppl figured the next game was gonna be a circus! All that happened was Webb put a high stick into mcgilvery's(sp) chops and gave him a beating and ended up getting suspended for his actions.

I really think Hunt and KM will keep the fireworks down abit this time around prolly just see Hale, Milller or Bestland go after Teubert. I think Schenn could handle him as well but I really doubt KM or any wheat king fan wants to see that!
Just my opinion though...

I agree. We have bigger fish to fry.
But next season, Regina's non fighters will find themselves in the same situation that Stone did.

Allin44
02-24-2010, 01:41 PM

Ovechkin doesn't pass either. Is he a bad player?

sbtatter
02-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Swifty are 8th, their magic # to beat Regina out is 5....

Allin44
02-26-2010, 09:35 PM
looking good for you guys tonight. 5 pts back with a win.. doable

lordstanley
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
looking good for you guys tonight. 5 pts back with a win.. doable

5-4 FOR SWIFT NOW YOU JINXED THEM LOL

Allin44
02-26-2010, 09:55 PM
5-4 FOR SWIFT NOW YOU JINXED THEM LOL
oops, I thought it said 2 mins left on the WHL site when I typed that, it must have been the wrong game or time, I turned the radio broadcast on just as they scored to go 4-4, Pedersen is saying that it was a handpass that wasnt called that lead to the goal. If so, ****ty break, but I am going to reserve judgement til I see some video. Tough to take his word over the lack of whistle from 4 officials, but he does have a higher view I suppose.

lordstanley
02-26-2010, 10:01 PM
oops, I thought it said 2 mins left on the WHL site when I typed that, it must have been the wrong game or time, I turned the radio broadcast on just as they scored to go 4-4, Pedersen is saying that it was a handpass that wasnt called that lead to the goal. If so, ****ty break, but I am going to reserve judgement til I see some video. Tough to take his word over the lack of whistle from 4 officials, but he does have a higher view I suppose.

I had a little soft spot for the PATS hoping they would maybe squeek in but tomorrow facing my Blades i hope we give them the knockout punch

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Im speechless. It just gets more and more ridiculous and disappointing. It really is last season all over again, and as a fan I didnt think any season could be as bad as last season. Ive had enough of this ****.

I cant imagine whats going on in the players' heads, especially Teubert who had a really hard time last year. This is complete bull****.

Allin44
02-26-2010, 10:02 PM
I had a little soft spot for the PATS hoping they would maybe squeek in but tomorrow facing my Blades i hope we give them the knockout punch

As much as I ****ing hate the Pats, Im hoping they beat you big tomorrow night :D

sbtatter
02-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Swifty in 8th, their magic # to beat out the Pats is now 3

Toswammi
02-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Swifty in 8th, their magic # to beat out the Pats is now 3

Could happen on Tuesday when the two teams play again.

trucker
02-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Im speechless. It just gets more and more ridiculous and disappointing. It really is last season all over again, and as a fan I didnt think any season could be as bad as last season. Ive had enough of this ****.

I cant imagine whats going on in the players' heads, especially Teubert who had a really hard time last year. This is complete bull****.

Why is a Regina loss making you speechless? You guys lost fair and square tonight. The Broncos wanted it more and we got the win. Teubert takes a four min. penalty in the first, we out shoot you 21-6 in that period as well. Your team never showed up to play and the first period killed you! Why would they not have given 100 percent in a desperation situation? Why would you take dumb penalties in a game like that? That is a problem that even the Parkers can't be blamed for! Have fun golfin boys, I don't feel bad for Teubert..Eberle on the other hand is a different story.

lordstanley
02-26-2010, 11:33 PM
As much as I ****ing hate the Pats, Im hoping they beat you big tomorrow night :D

Hoping for a Pats win over the Blades is liking trying to pick 3 NHL hockey ties for sports select it just aint gonna happen sorry :groovy:

Allin44
02-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Hoping for a Pats win over the Blades is liking trying to pick 3 NHL hockey ties for sports select it just aint gonna happen sorry :groovy:

:)

Thanks for the help boys, now hopefully Brandon can hang on in the 3rd..

lordstanley
02-27-2010, 09:27 PM
:)

Thanks for the help boys, now hopefully Brandon can hang on in the 3rd..Good road game pats nothing to take away from you guys but that was the most boring home game i have watched all year long but it worked for you so keep the tires kicking

sbtatter
02-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Swifty now in 8th, their magic # is 2 to put an end to the Pats season.....

dagley
02-27-2010, 11:05 PM

nice fail

lordstanley
02-28-2010, 10:50 AM
nice fail
Oh well i didn't lose the blades did things happen i guess oh well

dodywood4ever
02-28-2010, 12:24 PM
that display by the Blades was probably the worst game of WHL hockey I have seen in a few years. And I have been to alot of Bronco games in that time. Zero emotion. Zero hustle. Mailed it in. Coulda used that 20 bucks on a case of Kokanee. There was almost a tilt in the timbits game tho.

Allin44
02-28-2010, 12:59 PM
that display by the Blades was probably the worst game of WHL hockey I have seen in a few years. And I have been to alot of Bronco games in that time. Zero emotion. Zero hustle. Mailed it in. Coulda used that 20 bucks on a case of Kokanee. There was almost a tilt in the timbits game tho.

I thought they only drank Pilsner in Saskatchewan. I can remember my first night out there after I moved there. I went to the new Casino south of Saskatoon, sit down at a poker table and ordered a bud light or something, 9 other guys at the table, 9 pilsners ordered.

sbtatter
02-28-2010, 01:02 PM

Wonder why the Blades didn't have it last night? I guess it happens to everyone, we didn't have much for the Giants. I'm guessing the Blades will be ready to go Wed night.....

dodywood4ever
03-01-2010, 11:15 PM
I thought they only drank Pilsner in Saskatchewan. I can remember my first night out there after I moved there. I went to the new Casino south of Saskatoon, sit down at a poker table and ordered a bud light or something, 9 other guys at the table, 9 pilsners ordered.

Pilsner = piss. Have no clue why people drink that garbage.

patsdude114
03-02-2010, 04:36 AM

i for 1 hate pilsner as well but my god bud light r u kidding me... midas well put on a skirt & call urself Allinette!!!

Allin44
03-02-2010, 10:21 AM
i for 1 hate pilsner as well but my god bud light r u kidding me... midas well put on a skirt & call urself Allinette!!!

Not what I normally drink, but I wasn't sure what they would have there, so I didn't want to try to order a Keiths, MGD etc.

dagley
03-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Should have just traded us Ebs.

sbtatter
03-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Magic # doesn't matter, Pats lose, and are out. No value for Teubert and Eberle, Epic fail for Parker. Could have had Miller, Ferland, Liston, Fransoo and picks from Bdn to solidify the future, and now have nothing...

For the record, people who know their WHL
People who said they won't make the playoffs
Allin44
Pensfan87
Sbtatter
Trevor
Westcoast
Bocephus
SectionNdeserter
blerbtalksc
Joe Hallenback
negli99
Trucker
Reims
wow
wango tango
canes crazy
Scott
Raiderfan15
t-man

People who got it wrong
People who have said the Pats will make the playoffs
SAJ
Jdubb
Patsdude114
Toswammi
Don’t forget fat Pedersen, who remember, said it was a good call to keep his faves Teubert and Eberle. Fanboy Pedersen, who’s judgement must be called into question now…

sbtatter
03-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Both suck.

And any fan would pick his team. Im sorry for not rooting against my team for you.

Why am I talking to a dip**** like you, anyways? Go blow a cat.
Our goaltending isn't great, we won't min the Mem Cup, we'll likely lose in the 2nd round. That's the way it is, but at least we're realists, and at least our guys don't take on non fighters....

Some Pat fans were realists, not fanboys.
Tell princess to man up.

And maybe let us when the first tee off is please....

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-02-2010, 10:52 PM
There are realists, and then theres optimists. The possibility was there at the time, and you dont just flip flop when something changes.

I never did say it was a sure thing. But having faith is apart of being a fan.

And seriously, let it go. If Schenn pummelled weal, someone would have put him in a wheelchair. Your tough guys Miller and Bestland just sat there watching when teuby worked stone.

trucker
03-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Anyone read Quarter Pounder on the Bronco's board? Sounds like a promising deal for next year!!

lordstanley
03-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Anyone read Quarter Pounder on the Bronco's board? Sounds like a promising deal for next year!!

I did and as the old saying goes it aint over till the Fat Lady sings and man Rita McNeil is sure yellping out some tunes tonight :D

Toswammi
03-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Guess I was wrong (although I made that prediction well before the trade deadline).

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
03-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Guess I was wrong (although I made that prediction well before the trade deadline).

Don't worry bud, bet it never felt so good to be wrong.

Allin44
03-03-2010, 12:54 AM
I for 1 hope Teubert does do something stupid against the WKs, maybe sucker punch Schenn/Calvert/Glennie & break there jaw & knock them out for the playoffs... why cuz it would be great to read all ur crying posts about it for the rest of the playoffs.

I never wish a injury on a player but just seeing how much u guys cry & complain would be worth every second of it. If the WKs are smart they wont dress there top dogs just for this fact. Lets not forget Leffler is prone to do something stupid as well cuz god knows his play hasnt been there all year. Leffler can be a force when he drops the mits, not many guys fight him to begin with. If he a heavy weight no not by any means. But he can fight the big guys as well.

And what a perfect season to do something stupid with the WKs hosting the memorial cup.... My all time favorite incident between the Pats & WKs is back when Tootoo played for the Wks.... Tootoo was running around all series running Hubbauer & there was a scrum in the neutral zone & Colton Orr circled the pile to find Tootoo (who was coming off a jaw injury) drop his mits & cold clocked him... a great end to Orr's WHL career as he was suspended for the remainder of the series which was only 2 more games.... I bet Orr thought that was really worth 2 games lmao

Brandon will probably still be in a battle for first in the division when that weekend comes along, so they won't be sitting the top dogs, plus with the injuries we have already(2x concussion, one broken jaw and two broken hands) we have no warm bodies to put into the lineup.

I ****ing hate(d) Tootoo..

Curious, why did that series only go another two games? Did Tootoo miss any time? Did Orr take a whack of penalty minutes in what I think(if Im remembering the right game) ended in an OT game..

I actually just went back and looked at that game, man did both teams have a lot of meatheads in the lineup that year..

Tootoo, Kozak, OK-T, Webb..Rypien, Orr, McGillvray, Schlenker

Those were the good old days. Meatheads pimarily taking on meatheads

sbtatter
03-03-2010, 06:30 AM
And seriously, let it go. If Schenn pummelled weal, someone would have put him in a wheelchair.

Wow, who even thinks like this?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Wow, who even thinks like this?

Certainly not the wheats. They probably didnt even consider standing up for stone.

Seriously, go to your own channel.

sbtatter
03-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Certainly not the wheats. They probably didnt even consider standing up for stone.

Seriously, go to your own channel.

Wow, putting players in a wheelchair, really? I'm glad most players and fans don't think like that...

dagley
03-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Why are you so upset SAG? :(

GlutenGlutton
03-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Wow, those guys at Dictionary.com are fast! Was doing a little surfing this morning, and it looks like they've already updated a key definition:

dagley
03-03-2010, 11:38 AM
I've actually had season tickets for nine seasons, and been going for twelve years. Thanks though.

dagley
03-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Haha, you're hilarious. Indeed, I was Willy the mascot for six of them. You should come to a few playoff games here in town, Ill pay your admission :)

EOK1
03-03-2010, 12:15 PM
This is old now. We all know P.A is a poorer and more dysfunctional franchise than the Pats. Zemlak and the Raiders sure made P.A proud with their antics on Saturday. Sadly, Brandon should stay home on Sunday to avoid the stupidities of the Raiders, whose season is almost done as well.

Bocephus
03-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Wow, those guys at Dictionary.com are fast! Was doing a little surfing this morning, and it looks like they've already updated a key definition:
That made my day. Thanks for the post.:D

Boltz9
03-03-2010, 01:51 PM

Priceless, thanks for the laugh.

Boltz9
03-03-2010, 01:54 PM
This is old now. We all know P.A is a poorer and more dysfunctional franchise than the Pats. Zemlak and the Raiders sure made P.A proud with their antics on Saturday. Sadly, Brandon should stay home on Sunday to avoid the stupidities of the Raiders, whose season is almost done as well.

This is what I'm scared of, playing against teams that have nothing less to play for, and both teams (Regina & PA) having recent rivalries with us. Our team is banged up enough, I just want them to get to the playoffs without anymore injuries.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Its not any worse than the broncos brand of powerplay reliant, 'soft as butter' hockey, combined with listening to Jon 'Ned Flanders' Keen all the time. Its not like thats gotten you far either. The playoff series wins are even, so beating us when we are already destined to fall doesnt mean anything.

Imagine how bad you guys would be if you had Parker.

Joe Hallenback
03-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Jesus you guys give it a rest

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Do you guys even go to the games?

Allin44
03-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Do you guys even go to the games?

I moved a few hours down the road, so my viewings are limited to the once every few months that I go back home, watching online and when Shaw broadcasts.

I do however have my mem cup tickets.

Boom