PDA

View Full Version : Rebels Bantam Drafts

Tinner
05-04-2005, 06:51 AM
I will be updating the picks as they are made.

Tinner
05-05-2005, 09:08 AM
1st pick, 12 overall................Cassidy Mappin.....Big Valley

2nd pick, 32 overall...............Zack Stebner.......Saskatoon

3rd pick, 72 overall................Joel Kot..............Moose Jaw

4th pick, 88 overall................Colin Archer........Red Deer
via trade with Prince Albert

5th pick, 92 overall................Mike Scarborough..Victoria

6th pick, 122 overall..............Craig Eisenhut, Kelowna

7th pick, 152 overall..............Andrew Lefebvre, Winnipeg

8th pick, 172 overall..............Matt Fraser, Red Deer

9th pick, 192 overall..............Spencer Edwards, Coquitlam

10th pick, 212 overall.............Morgan Clark, Dallas, TX

11th pick, 214 overall.............Nick Pryor, St. Paul, MN.

Tinner
05-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Matt Belich of Red Deer went to PG 24th

I was hoping RD would get him :(

Jordan Hale of Lacombe to Brandon 37th

Brett Kitzen of Red Deer to Moose Jaw 142nd

Bowen Fraser of Bentley to Portland 183rd

Nick Bell of Innisfail to Prince George 184th

Red celtic
05-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Reb 39 do you know anything about the boys that have been drafted?

Joe Hallenback
05-05-2005, 10:50 AM
What can you tell me about Jordan Hale?

Tinner
05-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Jordan Hale is a big kid, soft hands and skates smooth. Good puck sense and attitude, but the downside is..........he is soft for his size.

Tinner
05-05-2005, 12:09 PM
with Mappin we get a possible high scoring offensive center and Archer is a stay at home D man. another upside is they are local boys per say, and are or have been very well coached.

As for the rest, I'm checking with my sources but I'm sure the rest of the gang will have facts also.

Joe Hallenback
05-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Jordan Hale is a big kid, soft hands and skates smooth. Good puck sense and attitude, but the downside is..........he is soft for his size.

Sounds alot like Eric Fehr

Sinbin1
05-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Stebner,
6' 170
12 Goals, 35 assists 104PIMS

got this from his teams website
http://members.shaw.ca/sbkn/

charlie
05-05-2005, 06:30 PM
it seems to me the rebels draft a lot of kids out of AA hockey while other teams seem to concentrate more on the AAA's. i know we have had some success over the years picking kids like jeff woywitka out of AA. i'm wondering if someone who is closer to minor hockey these days would care to comment on AA vs AAA.

thanks
charlie

RDRebelsfan
05-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Matt Belich of Red Deer went to PG 24th

I was hoping RD would get him :(

Jordan Hale of Lacombe to Brandon 37th

Brett Kitzen of Red Deer to Moose Jaw 142nd

Bowen Fraser of Bentley to Portland 183rd

Nick Bell of Innisfail to Prince George 184th

glad to see Bowen get drafted. 10th round is a stretch to be billed as a future WHL star but if he makes the right strides he';ll do fine.

I told himself myself earlier in the year that he was gonna be drafted. Of course he was modest about it and didnt tihnk so. He played AA Bantam in Sylvan. Damn good player IMO...can really lower the boom too, reminds me of Phaneuf in a way.

And be looking forward to the future Rebels players.

Red celtic
05-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Hi Charlie

I know Saskatchewan does not have Bantam AAA and when you get out to some of rual areas there highest leval is AA.
:confused:

charlie
05-06-2005, 07:34 AM
thank you sir...i wasn't aware of that.

charlie

Tinner
05-06-2005, 10:00 AM
your right.......to a degree. Minor hockey associations, both provincial and urban/rural associations have different rules, but the common one is the you are considered AAA if you have registrations at or above 750 kids. In Alberta, the teams that play in AAA that do not meet that number are Stettler, Lethbridge, Airdrie, Okotoks etc, etc.

In Saskatchewan, its called AA but it is the highest level at the Bantam level. The hockey is the same as in Alberta, and BC is pretty well the same. Now the issue that we face in Alberta is the fact that any player from outside their home zone (Alberta has 8 zones) is an import. In Red Deer, the local rule is anybody outside the City limits is an import. In BC and Sask. they recruit players to come and play, where ever they are from, a very loosely regulated import rule. The prime example is at the Midget AAA level in Sask. Ontario and Quebec have "for profit" privately ran Midget AAA programs.

charlie
05-06-2005, 03:31 PM
thanks 39 for the detail. i do know about BC as i used to coach at the AAA level in kelowna although that was about 14 years ago.

charlie