PDA

View Full Version : Blades and the Bantam draft

wango tango
05-04-2005, 08:30 AM
what would you like to see the blades take in the bantam draft tomorrow?

molleken has made no secret he is looking to get bigger and probably going after defensemen.

Pirate005
05-04-2005, 02:02 PM
With the Blades likely going for a defenseman in the first round, the possible players available at pick number 14 are:

Eric Mestery-Could very well go Top 10 though as he is a big, mobile 6'4 dman.

Blaine Tendler- He could fall to 14th and is a Sask boy. However has shown some inconsistancy and didn't play well at Sask First.

Travis Bobbee-From Manitoba, very skilled but not as big as the others.

Mike Reddington-From BC, could fall to 14th but many feel he is a top 10 pick as well.

COLTON TEUBERT is hands down the best Dman in the draft and will go top 3, likely first overall to Regina.

Top FORWARDS:
Kyle Beach-BC
David Toews-MAN, could go college which may scare teams.
Jordan Trach-SK
Brayden METZ-SK
Goerdie Wudrick-Will go Top 5, BC
Dale Hunt-Will go top 5 likely, MAN
Jason Grecica-BC
Rylan Schwarz-SK

Top Goalie
Ian Curtis, BC
Dalyn Flette, AB

wango tango
05-04-2005, 03:54 PM
all blades fans need to know about what the team is looking for is size, nastiness, competitiveness, grit, and desire.

the kids taken may be diamonds in the rough, projects whatever you want to call them but the common denominator will be intensity and determination.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-04-2005, 04:08 PM
I think it is a no brainer we will go after a D-man because if Mike Green goes to the AHL, then we will need to fill the hole that he will leave so I think a Gritty and tough D-man with size will be our first round selection for sure. In the rest of the Draft I am sure Molleken has a plan for the player that he will go after.

I will post on here who the Blades pick as soon as they become available.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-05-2005, 02:22 PM
In the first round the Saskatoon Blades selected a defenceman Teigan Zahn who stands 6'1 and weighs 190 Ibs Left handed shot. Born on January 4th,1990 I think this is just what the Blades are looking for. He should be physical and he will grow as he gets older.

In the 2nd round the Blades selected Travis Toomey, a power forward who stands 6'2 and weighs 170(a good size for a Power forward but he too will grow as he gets older) he calls Leduc,Alberta Home. He was born on March 18th, 1990.

In the 3rd round the Blades selected a centerman Gaelan Patterson who calls saskatoon home. He stands 6'0 and weighs 188 Ibs. He was born on August 22,1990.

In the 4th round the Blades traded their 4th round pick to Calgary.

In the 5th round the Blades Selected Defencemen Jared Freisen who calls Steinbach,Manitoba home and he Stands 6"1 and weighs

The Blades traded their round pick to Brandon and they also traded their 7th round pick to Lethbridge.

In the 6th round the Blades selected a BIG defenceman Spenser Lockert who calls Abottsford, British Columbia home. He stands 6"6 and weighs 190 Ibs. He was born on January 3rd,1990. As he grows and gets older he will have the size of Zedeno Chara but he might not be as heavy as him. This size will help the Blades Defence core in the years to come.

In the 7th round the Blades selected another BIG forward in Kevin Philp who Stands 6"5 and weighs 200 Ibs a Wade Belak size,and he could be a bigger verson of Tanner Shultz if he is a phsical type player. I sure hope so.

In the 8th round the Blades selected Cameron Canart, he is a 6"3 190 Ibs Defenceman who calls Elkhorn, Manitoba home. He was born on March 9th 1990. His scouting report says that he is an in your face type D-man and he works hard in front of his own net.

in the 9th round the Blades selected Nelson Mizera who calls Leduc,Alberta home,he is a Left wing Power Forward who stands 6"2 and weighs 170
Ibs.
In the 10th round the Blades selected Jordan hiebert who calls Ile Des Chenes, Manitoba home and he stands 6"0 even and weighs 160 Ibs. He was born on january 9th 1990.

In the 10 round the Blades selected Brad Stebnerwho stands 6"2 and wieghs 180 Ibs he calls Fort McMurray Alberta home. He was born onn January 21st 1990.

In the 11th round the Blades select Mike Clements who stands 5'11 and weighs 170 Ibs and calls Delta British Columbia home. He was born on the same day as the Blades 10th round pick Brad Stebner.

Overall I think Lorne Molleken and his coahing and scoting staff got the players that they wanted. :thumb: :groovy: