PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs Oil Kings

patsdude114
01-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Well this weekend will be a very big weekend for that Pats to see just how much closer they can get just a week after the trade deadline. With tonights game (if u read this friday but posted on late thrusday night) against the Oil Kings if the Pats bring the same effort they brought against MH & BRN the Pats should handle the Oil Kings quite easily.....

With that said this is why we play the games, on paper the Pats are a HUGE step above the Oil Kings but that can be said for the teams the Pats are chasing as well 6th through 9th. The Pats cant afford to squander these 2 pts against the Oil Kings. Tonight is a must win not only cuz we need the points but cuz we shouldnt lose to a team like Edmonton especially without Raedeke & Vincour.

The new Weal Eberle & Ashton line has looked amazing to say the least. Creating a buzz 90% of the time there on the ice. Leffler has played his best 2 games this season the past 2 games, Strueby im still waiting to see that he actually cares. I thought Gustafsson played his best game as a Pat on Wednesday Hunt finally put him out there on the PP for abit as well that was when Mitchell scored (i thought Gustafsson actually got a assist on the play but was given to Bell instead) Hrcina played very well also to start the game the line of Mulder Gustafsson & Hrcina i thought set the tempo for the pats early in the game. Another strong performance is needed from our euros.

As SAJ knows (& prob a few others) im not a big Ketlo fan to begin with but after Wednesday performance Ketlo has started to prove me wrong, if he can put together a very solid weekend for the Pats when they are in dier need of a serious winning streak i will show more support in Ketlo. AND I WILL STAND BEHIND MY WORD!

so to close out this game thread for the Pats vs Oil Kings all i will say is........

GO PATS GO! LETS GET ON ABIT OF A ROLL HERE STARTING THIS WEEKEND!

patsdude114
01-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Also would like to add into this that it can be a big weekend as well for the Pats with Friday night some other big games not involving the Pats MHvsPA SASvsSC BRNvsMJ KAMvsRD if the Pats can get some help on Friday from MH, SAS, BRN & KAM (without games going into OT) the Pats can gain abit of ground on PA, SC, MJ & RD on paper all the favorites should win but we need KAM to play a solid home game against RD im not expecting KAM to beat RD but u never know.

BRN a perfect chance to get back on a winning streak, MH will be hungary to get back into the win coum as well SAS wil be looking to maintain there lead in the conference with a solid win over a provincal rivial.

On saturday PA&MJ play against each other so to gain some ground on Friday night will be very key. The Pats have to worry about just catching the next team 1st just to et back into that pack & things will become much easier. A win Friday night & saturday night with 2 SC losses will go along ways at that. Will put us 3 points behind the broncos with 2 more games against SC. After Friday night we play SC 3 straight games those are very big 6 points and can spring us past them if the Pats can find a way to win all games.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-15-2010, 12:33 AM
We got 3 in a row, so we will see Martyniuk at least once. Edmonton isnt that tough right now but its a game we cant lose...so we might start Ketlo if we want to get a great start on the homestand.

Then we play Swift 3 times in the next while, which could make or break our playoff chances. I think we can take 'em though...winning 2 out of 3 is the goal.

Boltz9
01-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Also would like to add into this that it can be a big weekend as well for the Pats with Friday night some other big games not involving the Pats MHvsPA SASvsSC BRNvsMJ KAMvsRD if the Pats can get some help on Friday from MH, SAS, BRN & KAM (without games going into OT) the Pats can gain abit of ground on PA, SC, MJ & RD on paper all the favorites should win but we need KAM to play a solid home game against RD im not expecting KAM to beat RD but u never know.

BRN a perfect chance to get back on a winning streak, MH will be hungary to get back into the win coum as well SAS wil be looking to maintain there lead in the conference with a solid win over a provincal rivial.

On saturday PA&MJ play against each other so to gain some ground on Friday night will be very key. The Pats have to worry about just catching the next team 1st just to et back into that pack & things will become much easier. A win Friday night & saturday night with 2 SC losses will go along ways at that. Will put us 3 points behind the broncos with 2 more games against SC. After Friday night we play SC 3 straight games those are very big 6 points and can spring us past them if the Pats can find a way to win all games.

I'm sorry, I usually don't get on people about spelling but my god I couldn't help myself. vc1tt Not to mention the whole first paragraph doesn't have a period in it until the end. I'm going to go ahead and assume you were tired and/or high when you typed this masterpiece up.vci34

patsdude114
01-15-2010, 02:43 AM
haahaha ty for pointing out all my mistakes... i was in a hurry cuz the wife wanted the computer lol but also i know im not the greatest speller never have been..... haha and thanks for kicking me when im down :P

Fight Guy
01-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Good game again tonight. If they can keep this pace of hockey throughout the rest of the season, they will have no problem making the playoffs. They are starting to LOOK like that great team 'on paper'.

The Pats look like a different team out there. They've been blocking shots, great passes, and everyone is working their ass off! ...with the exception to Strueby. Not that he's playing bad, but he isn't putting in the same effort as everyone else. In addition, they have been hitting hitting hitting!!!

Tonight, Hricina showed off his skill and size well and was able to finish on a great play to the net! Same with Mitchel. Two goals in 9 seconds tonight!

Anyone else notice a lot of players having trouble, in the first, staying on their feet? Looked ridiculous the way a lot of players were falling, and the puck seemed to be doing stupider things more than usual. Either way, the Pats got the win.

Starting tomorrow night, this week is a big week against Swift. If the Pats keep doing what their doing, they could see themselves in or very close to 9th place by next weekend, meaning they could be very close to that final playoff spot also!

patsdude114
01-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Yes the Pats played a very good hockey game tonight, again Hrcina & Gustafsson were playing the way they need to for this team to have any success... Gustafsson has alot of skill & is finally showing it.

I noticed the Pats are actually passing the puck hard instead of sending these little passes off that barely get to the player. I guess that is all part of the confidence level. These last 3 games by the Pats have been the best games i have watched in the last year & a half. Yes tonights win was against Edmonton but the Pats totally owned them all night. Time of attack was in heavy favor for the Pats. Yes Edmonton scored 2 goals both were off amazing bounces that just went there way. That type of game is hard on your goaltender tho as he doesnt face many shots & is standing in his crease with his muscles getting cold. Tonight was a total effort tomorrow night we will see h ow the Pats come out to play should be a great game. The Pats got some help tonight from other teams with SC & MJ lossing plus RD is down in the 3rd as well. Damn Brandon cant hold onto a win, yes they won but still gave MJ a point which they had 6-3 lead with 15 mins left. Brandon's defense is going to have to step up if they are going to be a contender at all in the playoffs & the Memorial Cup