PDA

View Full Version : Game 43-Hitmen 1 at Blades 4

Hitmen1
01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Sorry I'm late on this one. Being back at work with the kids has suddenly become very busy.

The Hitmen lost their 2nd straight game on their 3 game road trip. It was a rough first period for the Hitmen as the Blades scored 3 goals. Zak Stebner scored the lone Hitmen goal, in the 2nd, it looked like the puck was rolling when he fired it at the net. It was Stebner's first goal as a Hitmen. The Blades finished it off with an empty netter in the third.

The Hitmen have been running around in their own zone the last couple of nights. It don't expect that to continue. Coach Williamson will have had some good practices the last couple of days to hopefully put an end to this problem.

Offensively, 2 goals on 89 shots the past 2 games but the Hitmen are not getting to the dirty spots on the ice, they are not battling hard enough in front of the net and when teams like Saskatoon can shut down plays off the rush, the Hitmen is going to have to get dirty.

I know that Marty Jones is taking some heat for the poor results but he hasn't been that bad. It has been the lack of coverage.

I expect to see a different Hitmen team tomorrow night in Lethbridge.