PDA

View Full Version : Kootenay

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
01-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Will we melt the Ice and end their streak?

blerbtalksc
01-20-2010, 10:53 PM
If not for bad defense and worse goaltending, they could have won. Playoffs slipping away......

Toswammi
01-20-2010, 11:22 PM
If not for bad defense and worse goaltending, they could have won. Playoffs slipping away......

Easy to blame our tending and defensemen, but it would be nice for our forwards to chip in and help out in our own zone.

Flathead
01-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Rogers a scratch, Craig once again sick with a strange cold, seems he can't stop coughing up pucks. Ya our defensive game is gone.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
01-21-2010, 12:00 AM
What's this foreign word 'defense' I keep hearing people say? Can't say I've seen much of it this year.

dodywood4ever
01-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Swifty just isnt very good. Maybe sneak into the playoffs then get handled by a bigger, better team or just miss the playoffs? Hope there is a master plan for next year cause this "just happy to compete" mindset is complete garbage. what team can this version beat in a 7 game series? Run our small team into the ground and pound pucks on net. This team needs to get bigger, needs real goalies and needs to get nasty. In short they need to be ALOT more like the Blades.

stick boy
01-21-2010, 10:49 AM
That was one brutal game to watch! Usually I enjoy a good old fashioned shootout but that was just a bunch of goalies that couldn't stop a beach ball! Defensive zone coverage (forwards included) was equally as bad.

Time to put Rogers back in, I think they were trying to send a message to him but yikes there are a lot more messages that need to be sent on the back end.

And how about Stickland being on the ice for five of six Ice even-strength goals. Gives the puck right to the Ice for one goal and then gets benched for 1/2 shift?

Not much accountability out there last night in my eyes!

ointhecreek
01-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Always getting beat to the puck, out worked, out muscled constantly. Nobody going after the player behind our own net setting up the blast from the slot from an open player which nobody picks up. Don't know where or what our players are doing besides watching. D coaches aren't doing there job. :mad: