PDA

View Full Version : WKs @ Hitmen

Allin44
01-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Looks like BDN is running with De Serres now..

Who is doing the Colour for Luber tonight?

Boltz9
01-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Can't remember they said his name at the start of the broadcast.

Joe Hallenback
01-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Cant be any worse than Calgarys guys

Allin44
01-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Cant be any worse than Calgarys guys

I can't stand guys that refer to it as "us" "we" etc. I know these guys are all hometown guys, but mask it just a bit.

Was listening to the start of of the SC/SAS game and Keen and his sidekick were a little embarassing

Joe Hallenback
01-29-2010, 09:17 PM
BRANDON IS PLAYING THE TRAP!

I was like no their not. If anything Calgary is trapping

Joe Hallenback
01-29-2010, 09:25 PM
That late goal is gonna hurt

Shattock,Bubnick and Broda have been the best line all night

Allin44
01-29-2010, 09:34 PM
BRANDON IS PLAYING THE TRAP!

I was like no their not. If anything Calgary is trapping

That would be giving KM too much credit :D

Joe Hallenback
01-29-2010, 10:24 PM
All I can say is this team plays with some Swagger

De Serres is the number 1 for me right now

The scary thing is were going to get Hamonic in a few weeks

Allin44
01-29-2010, 10:32 PM
All I can say is this team plays with some Swagger

De Serres is the number 1 for me right now

The scary thing is were going to get Hamonic in a few weeks

Hitting the stride at the right time.

Top Shelf
01-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Just want to give the wheatkings a huge pat on the back!
they displayed what i knew they had tonight!
Scott Glennie had a big part in the win!
So for all you so called fans...that couldnt wait to trade him...
you should think twice before beaking individuals,especially when injuries
are in play, great job wheaties ...:clap:

DunnerStunner
01-29-2010, 11:27 PM
good job to your team on the win tonight... I was just wondering who you guys think will be the odd man out when Hamonic returns?

Allin44
01-29-2010, 11:34 PM
good job to your team on the win tonight... I was just wondering who you guys think will be the odd man out when Hamonic returns?

Probably rotate Miller/Bestland/Schneider?

Joe Hallenback
01-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Miller will be out

I think they will go with

Urbom Robak
Hamonic Schneider
Bestland Melnychuk

All 19 year olds and 3 drafted players. Miller can sub in and give someone a rest every now and then.

Alot of people seem to hate Schneider in Brandon for some reason. I think he is very safe and solid player. Nothing spectacular but being a 4th guy is what he is suited for.

sbtatter
01-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Great comeback. Brodie is what, +30 now and still not good enough for half the people watching in Brandon!!
I was one of the few saying please dont trade Glennie et al for Eberle, so glad to see his game come around, schenn's also playing up to his potential....Deserres may be our 31 goalie yet....wouldn't that turn into a shrewd trade!!!

Allin44
01-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Miller will be out

Urbom Robak
Hamonic Schneider
Bestland Melnychuk

All 19 year olds and 3 drafted players. Miller can sub in and give someone a rest every now and then.

Alot of people seem to hate Schneider in Brandon for some reason. I think he is very safe and solid player. Nothing spectacular but being a 4th guy is what he is suited for.

Yeah, won't argue with you there. I may get a Miller jersey tho :P

Schneider.. just.. I dont know. I just do not like his game for some reason.

Allin44
01-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Great comeback. Brodie is what, +30 now and still not good enough for half the people watching in Brandon!!
I was one of the few saying please dont trade Glennie et al for Eberle, so glad to see his game come around, schenn's also playing up to his potential....Deserres may be our 31 goalie yet....wouldn't that turn into a shrewd trade!!!

Its great to be plus 30, but can you tell me when hes got the puck in the defensive zone you don't get just a LITTLE nervous?

Joe Hallenback
01-30-2010, 12:08 AM
No I don't get nervous. I get Nervous when he tries to do too much. I think tonight he made one poor decision early in the game when he tried to skate the puck around the net and he turned it over. After that he was rock solid simple banging the puck off the glass and icing it if he had too. With Schenn,Fehr and Radeke taking faceoffs we have 3 of the best face off guys in the league.

I have always said that when he keeps it simple he is very effective and playing on what will be the bottom pair he can probably relax a little more and not have to worry about facing the top lines of teams.

Hell Robak and Urbom can make mistakes. Its how you recover from them that makes the difference.

sbtatter
01-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Its great to be plus 30, but can you tell me when hes got the puck in the defensive zone you don't get just a LITTLE nervous?

I don't, I just get mad at all the other fans getting on his case.....

Boltz9
01-30-2010, 02:38 AM

I definitely get that feeling. It did use to be worse though. Bestland can do that to me too when he tries to do too much.

DunnerStunner
01-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Ryley Miller is a great young dman, he would look great in a hitmen sweater, lol

sbtatter
01-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Ryley Miller is a great young dman, he would look great in a hitmen sweater, lol

He's a gamer. His hockey's come a long way this season as well. Gotta have a couple fearless guys like him on your team, he's a crowd favourite now. He and Ferland will both put a lot of people in the Keystone Center the next couple of years...

BSB
01-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Miller will be out

Urbom Robak
Hamonic Schneider
Bestland Melnychuk

Personally, I think the reason we have seen Bestland moved up with Robak is to allow Urbom and Melnychuk to play together and get gelled while we wait for Hamonic's arrival. I think we are going to see them as the 2nd pairing. Hamonic and Robak together with 30 minutes of ice time a game. Bestland and Schneider as the 3rd pairing with Miller filling in on the 3rd pairing from time to time.

mckayd2001
01-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Just for fun i would try and put Miller in as a forward on the fourth line just to give that extra energy and playing time.

Allin44
01-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Just for fun i would try and put Miller in as a forward on the fourth line just to give that extra energy and playing time.

Don't think hes strong enough to really push guys around on the forecheck. Most of his big hits are cross ice

sbtatter
01-30-2010, 12:37 PM

Bestland might be a better bet playing up front than Miller

brandonboy
01-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Bestland might be a better bet playing up front than Miller

I agree! But I think Miller would do ok there too.

dagley
01-30-2010, 03:11 PM
It's still scary to know we still have Hamonic waiting in the wings to join our team, finally starting to hit the real stride. DeSerres looks like he is the go to guy down the stretch, Glennie is finally turning into...Scott Glennie and everybody is clicking. Hopefully these next few weeks Saskatoon can lose a few, big road game in Stoon next Saturday night.