PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs Warriors

patsdude114
01-29-2010, 11:23 PM
well what a entertaining hockey game.. when was the last time we got to see 3 fights at home?? both teams competed very hard right til the end.

I totally agreed with all 3 stars tonight & in the same order they went with in the building.. Glover was the only reason this game was close especially in the 1st period when we fired 31 shots on net.

I want to thank the good old snow removers at the dome for there amazing snow removal in the parking lot (total sarcasm) thanks to them i slipped and rolled on my ankle now its as big as a golf ball over & beyond my ankle. Can barely walk on my ankle too me 10 mins to walk out to my truck and usually takes no more then 3 mins.

Hats off to Weal in the final minute after that faceoff looked like he hurt his shoulder dropped his stick and was on the ice, got up & stayed in the lane of a shot and blocked it in his gut a great effort by Weal.

Ill comment more on this game but i need to get off my foot even sitting at the computer hurts like hell

Joe Hallenback
01-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Pats played a good game

MJ have been playing Rope a Dope on a few teams lately and almost made it to OT.

As much as Eberle is a big part of the Pats. My star is Brandon Davidson. Quietly he might be the best all around Defender in the WHL right now. A big reason the pats are on this roll now that Teubert is back.

witness
01-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Hats off to Weal in the final minute after that faceoff looked like he hurt his shoulder dropped his stick and was on the ice, got up & stayed in the lane of a shot and blocked it in his gut a great effort by Weal.

He is a compeditor. He is the smallest guy on the ice and ALWAYS wants the puck. His compete level is off the charts. If he was 3 inches taller they would be talking about him as a first round prospect.

My star is Brandon Davidson. Quietly he might be the best all around Defender in the WHL right now.

Amen, Brother.

A big reason the pats are on this roll now that Teubert is back.

Tueby is playing like we all envisioned he was capable of. Physically dominate.

patsdude114
01-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Brandon Davidson has been everything and more for the Pats this season. He came in off the radar and cracked this line-up has quietly became 1 of the best all around defensemen at 18 yrs old in the league.

Teubert has been great all season long. His skating has been so much better this season compared to last season. Also the fact that Hunt has him on a tight leash unlike Derkatch last season who expected Teubert to lead rushes any time he could.

I agree 100% that if Weal had 3 more inches he would considered a mid 1st rounder for the upcoming draft.

The Pats need to sweep this series this weekend to pull within striking distance of that 8th & final playoff spot. With PA in LETH looks like (on paper) that they will be getting another 2 pts & Saskatoon needs to help us & help there own cause with beating SC tonight. I cant believe Saskatoon let the game slip away from them last night. Saskatoon has a solid team but is missing that big game breaker to put a game away, and this will come back and haunt them once playoffs start.

west coast
01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
I saw the game on Shaw.I thought Shaw did an outstanding job on the broadcast.The interviews between periods were very good with Brent Parker and Carter Ashton being informative and interesting.Colten Tuebert had a great game and is truly the team leader.He demands the puck in the offensive zone and has become the complete shutdown defenceman that is the envy of all teams.Brandon Davidsson is an amazing confident defenceman.I like the way he always skates to the middle of the ice and gets shots through.He is great at avoiding blocked shots by making sure he has a shooting or passing lane.Goaltender Ketlo had a stellar game and made several key saves.The two Jordans played their usual spectacular game.I really liked the way Mitchell played.He has a great shot and plays with alot of passion(could this be the next captain of the Pats)The team played solid as a whole and didnt give up topo many odd man rushes or critical mistakes.I am not too sure that i like Leffler playing the odd shift on defence on the pp as he was out of position a few times and fell down once while skating backwards in front of his own net with the puck.It didnt look too graceful on Lefflers part.The game was announced as a sell out even though on tv it looked like a lot of empty seats.Hopefully the Pats can maintain their jaggernaut streak and steal another two points from the Warriors tonight

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-30-2010, 03:53 PM
There were empty seats because most warrior fans like to stand behind the lower sections, so they get to annoy the crowd and get beer easier.

There was 6500 or something there, more than i have heard in the last 3 years.

patsdude114
01-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Leffler on the point on the PP as much as i dont like having a forward on the point Leffler has filled it nicely. He has a great shot & handles the puck well. His mistakes on the blueline are very few, but mistakes are to be expected as he is a forward & its like learning the game all over again at the blueline. Leffler was a defenseman before his draft year in bantam so he knows how to play the position. I really like putting Leffler on defense on the PK tho, he is a big body & has the poise when he gets the puck along the wall. Hunt has been using Leffler on defense on special teams now since mid december.

That was our 1st sellout of the year last night, but we had a 1 sellout last season that i remember well. It was against the Spokane Chiefs as it was some aboriginal night with that dancing hullahoop guy.

I wish tonights game was on shaw (access 7 here) last nights game was so entertaining.

Got my order already in place for tonights game on WHL webtv... costs $7.20 i believe a great deal.

Dogstink
01-30-2010, 09:24 PM
What's with all to "too many men" penalties the pats are taking? Get it together already.

patsdude114
01-30-2010, 09:34 PM
the too many men penalties have had no effect on the game tonight. Yes the Warriors scored on the PP but it didnt change the out come of the game.

The Pats just cant beat the MJ goalies, plain and simple Bosch & Glover have had the Pats number this season. Last nights game should of been over in the 1st period but Glover stood on his head, it could of easily been 4-1 after the 1st Friday night. Then tonight Bosch is shutting the door, plain & simple MJ goalies out playing Ketlo.

Hard to swallow that last season Derkatch choose Ketlo over Bosch for the back up job knowing that this season we needed a goalie. A goalie that plain and simple isnt Ketlo. Ketlo cant play back to back nights, watching the game on WHLtv tonight Ketlo's rebound control was horrible. Last night he didnt let out no rebounds, tonight Ketlo looked tired. Ketlo is not an every day goalie in this league plain & simple. I know SAJ is going to disagree with me on this but it has been proven time and time again. Ketlo will put out a solid performance then the next night he barely looks like he should be a regular back up goalie.

Ketlo is not the reason we lost this game by any means. We just couldnt score. All im saying is Ketlo cant get the job done on back to back nights.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-31-2010, 02:45 AM
Im no Ketlo fan, but you got to remember that Ketlo is only 18...hes got a couple more years in this league. I couldnt disagree with you more, because I think he is an every day goalie...but not much more. Hes no Harding, but he will get better.

I didnt think Id say this much, but Eberle was not playing well tonight. Missing passes, giving away the puck. Hes probably the best player in the league, but isnt above any criticism, and needs to shoot more. Weal was great tonight, but he is just too small out there. He did what he could.

I dont think we can beat this team though. They arent 'better' than us, but we simply dont match up well at all. Speed, depth and for whatever reason, great goaltending every time they play us. We probably wont see them in the playoffs though, if we make it.

Some positives... our winning streak had to end sometime. Better now, than going into the playoffs. Also, Dominating fights. McColm killed that guy, and bell won his little scuffle. Ashton showed some life and our depth(second line) stepped up a few times. We couldnt cash in, and the puck wasnt bouncing our way all night. Our 4th line was good. Dont know why Tyler Parker doesnt play more, Reider had some good hits. Leffler's line was good every time they were on the ice(though Leffler has to stay on forward).

The loss isnt a big deal. If these other teams lose one night, and we win the next, it just undoes itself. Theres still alot of time left.

patsdude114
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Im no Ketlo fan, but you got to remember that Ketlo is only 18...hes got a couple more years in this league. I couldnt disagree with you more, because I think he is an every day goalie...but not much more. Hes no Harding, but he will get better.

Well he has to get better, but at this time of the year we cant afford a great performance followed by a game where he cant control a rebound if his life depended on it. Ketlo is solid if he has a days rest between starts but on back to back nights the 2nd night is his rebound control is brutal.

Im afraid come Feb 1st & 2nd Ketlo is going to get both those starts, i think he will put in a solid performance against KOO be it win or lose but its the Red Deer game im afraid of. As that game is way more important with it being a 4 point game. Guhle is very capable of playing games & Hunt needs to get him in a few games expecially on back to back nights. Guhle played great when Ketlo was hurt his performance in Calgary was amazing & we had a depleated roster at the time. Put Guhle in with our full roster again he deserves it. Let him make Ketlo play better, especially on those back to back games.

As easy as it is to say Eberle needs to shoot more & what not, MJ did a great job shutting down our big unit. They wont completely stop them but to minimize there chances is all you can do. This they did, & got very solid goaltending.

I also agree i dont think MJ is better then us by any means they just seem to get amazing goaltending when they play us. My boss said if they got goaltending game in and game out like they get when they play the Pats they would be much higher in the standings and Hamonic would still be there.

west coast
01-31-2010, 03:28 PM
The Pats back are definately against the wall.There schedule is extremely tough ahead .Thet definately cant afford to keep taking too many men penalties.Moose Jaw capitalized and made it 2 for 3 on the pp while taking advantage of Regina,s too many men penalties on the weekend.I am not sure what kind of player Tyler Parker is.He seems a little slow with his skating.The fourth line doesnt play much at all .The player that i would like to see play a little more is Bell.He is a tremendous player and is developing into a cornerstone for the franchise.Is Guhle healthy ?It would be nice to see him play vs Kootney