PDA

View Full Version : Tucker

Daz
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
What do y'all think?

clockwise
01-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Remember the 2nd round pick is in 2011. So there is a year to try and get the pick back.

tuffguy
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
huh?

Tuckers stats since coming to PA:

GP MP GA GAA W L SH SV SP
Prince Albert Raiders 6 304 18 0 3.55 3 2 0 0 166 148 0.892

I wouldn't trade Button, Harrison, Ruopp, or Danyluk for this guy. Those are our last 4 2nd round picks.

Still maintain that the Stanford deal was no good. I realize he had to trade him or Zemlak, but the return is brutal. By trading the younger guy he created a hole which he filled with a 4th for Flette, and then a 2nd for Tucker.

Brutal:

Yaworski, Wall, Tucker and Flette for Stanford, a 2nd and a 4th.

Dwight Schrute
01-31-2010, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=tuffguy;14649

Yaworski, Wall, Tucker and Flette for Stanford, a 2nd and a 4th.[/QUOTE]

we also got stoons 4th and gave them our 6th

tuffguy
01-31-2010, 09:52 PM
jury is out on Stewart. Kid can fly, but he better get strong or he'll have a tough time. Don't get me going on Tendler. Another guy that left town because of Campese. He found his passion to play about three weeks after he left town. Playing Tier 2 cause Bruno won't trade him. Bruno would rather leave him in Tier 2 than trade him because most are on to him with all the kids quitting or demanding trades. Easier to justify things if a "kid just lost his passion. Tendler was as good a 4th dman as you could hope for. Could play with a young guy, or paired up with an older guy could play effectively against the other teams top line. Way better than Wall, Warg, or Yaworski, and better defensively than Rowley and Button. Watching the internet tonight, I saw Yaworski standing around clueless on two goals, and Warg got beaten wide (can't turn--or handle the puck in traffic) on the game winner by a blazing speed VanDeMossaeler. (who is about as quick as a sloth)

With Tendler and Aasman gone this defense is worse not better. Tendler helps my arguement.

tuffguy
01-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Raiderfan, I didn't know this was an arguement by the way. The only thing you make clear is that if Bruno stops walking your head would be firmly entrenched in his a**. My point was (not an arguement) that the whole sequence of trades I outlined earlier is poor. And that generally you will get a good player with your 2nd round pick. If you give up these assets, especially when you don't get a stud in return in the trade, you decrease your chances of success in the future. Better to have multiple picks, or at least the majority of your own picks, than be short handed before you even start.

I like Tucker. He is very athletic, but lacks fundamentals or technique. But he is not worth a 2nd round pick in any years draft. And I realize he had to get a guy for the future. Why? Because he traded next years goalie when he decided to trade Stanford, who has been as good as anyone in the confererence since he left here. I understand one of the goalies had to go. When it was Stanford, he should have either gotten a goalie back, or better players than Yadlowski or Wall.

That was my point (arguement in your words). But I slighted your beloved Bruno and you get huffy about it. Maybe I will keep my "opinion" (arguement) to myself. Maybe not.

These guys were in 4th or 5th place not to long ago. Now they are hangin by a thread for their playoff lives again. Like a bad movie from last year. And the year before.... How do you explain that? Is there a common denominator? I would hate to finger point and start an arguement.

Let me know why you think the team is just hangin on again. Why has Kootenay, MJ, and Red Deer lapped the Raiders in the last 2 months.

I have some ideas why, but you got all the answers so enlighten us all.

westbeach55
01-31-2010, 11:07 PM
isn't this board for raider fans. it seems like your an ex player that got cut from the team and have a real hate on for the bruno and the team. I know your going to come back and say its my opinion but why waste your time coming on here and bashing the raiders and bruno, I come on here to have some positive interactions with other fans. it would be nice if you had some proof to alot of the accusations you have against bruno. so are there anything positive for the raiders.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Just because he doesnt like bruno, doesnt mean he hates the raiders. Its not black or white here, there is a gray area. If you look at the pats board, everybody hates parker down there, and some dont like hunt. You are fans of the team, not necessarily every part of it. Disagreeing with the consensus theme doesnt make you an anti-fan.

I agree that some of Brunos trades havnt been good(though Ive liked alot of his trades). Tucker, however, will get better. Hes only 18 just like Ketlo, and isnt expected to be better than most starting goaltenders who are older. If it makes you feel better, Stanford might not be a blade as a 20 year old, and could be picked up for next to nothing next year...and if not, Morrison is on the market.

Secondly, its a very close conference, and the Raiders arent that far off from 6th(granted, teams have games in hand, but point remains). I hope they make the playoffs, but not at the expense of the pats, of course.

Its a competitive conference, while the west has teams much worse making the post season. Its too bad there isnt some sort of cross over to the other conference in place of the lesser team in the west making the post season.

westbeach55
02-01-2010, 09:34 AM
stanford is plaing with the blades and most goalies could put up decent numbers. we have williams, edwards,fieklborn in the minors. the points race is so close a win or a lose can move you from 5th to 8th. i like how you point out the losses to mj, kottenay, red deer . I believe red deer was a one goal loss and what about the beating we gave calgary at home or shutting brandon out at home. my point is the raiders are playing there best hockey in years and there home record is outstanding and there road record needs abit of work but overall you can go into a rink most nights and come out to watch them win. so your complaining about a second round pick for tucker yet we have danyluk, harrison, button, ruopp we are fine to give up one. there are lots of late round picks that can work out (eberle, weal)

Raiderfan, I didn't know this was an arguement by the way. The only thing you make clear is that if Bruno stops walking your head would be firmly entrenched in his a**. My point was (not an arguement) that the whole sequence of trades I outlined earlier is poor. And that generally you will get a good player with your 2nd round pick. If you give up these assets, especially when you don't get a stud in return in the trade, you decrease your chances of success in the future. Better to have multiple picks, or at least the majority of your own picks, than be short handed before you even start.

I like Tucker. He is very athletic, but lacks fundamentals or technique. But he is not worth a 2nd round pick in any years draft. And I realize he had to get a guy for the future. Why? Because he traded next years goalie when he decided to trade Stanford, who has been as good as anyone in the confererence since he left here. I understand one of the goalies had to go. When it was Stanford, he should have either gotten a goalie back, or better players than Yadlowski or Wall.

That was my point (arguement in your words). But I slighted your beloved Bruno and you get huffy about it. Maybe I will keep my "opinion" (arguement) to myself. Maybe not.

These guys were in 4th or 5th place not to long ago. Now they are hangin by a thread for their playoff lives again. Like a bad movie from last year. And the year before.... How do you explain that? Is there a common denominator? I would hate to finger point and start an arguement.

Let me know why you think the team is just hangin on again. Why has Kootenay, MJ, and Red Deer lapped the Raiders in the last 2 months.

I have some ideas why, but you got all the answers so enlighten us all.

Dwight Schrute
02-01-2010, 01:40 PM
the tucker deal was a solid deal. fair deal both ways. i really dont think wall and yaworski are that great though.......

In The Crease
02-01-2010, 05:40 PM
The playoff crossover has to be considered by ??Board of Governors. Present points standings in the east conference call for it, if matters do not change by the end of the regular season. A couple of east div. teams will be out and Calgary and Kootney or whoever finishes one-two over there are going to have a walk to semi's while teams here, PA, Moose Jaw, Swift and Pats deserve better. Of course the community owned teams, PA, Moose Jaw and Swift being smaller venues deserve some playoff $$$$$$$$. Ah well, maybe it will come up in their meetings if the disparity is broad. General discussion on the big board????????

In The Crease
02-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Tendler is better then Warg ? are you kidding? now there is no doubt in my mind your not a fan of the team and that you have a differnt connection to the team then others on this message board.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/what.gif Which apply here

Still just opinions. Not much to choose from, one and the other.http://www.whlfans.ca/images/icons/icon5.gif Do they all apply here?

lordstanley
02-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Solid move by Bruno on the Tcuker deal but before that i thought they should have kept Stanford over Zemlak point being Stanford is very reliable and keeping a 20 year old goalie when you have a guy like stanford is crazy

Ranger
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Two thumbs up to Bruno for doing his homework on Tucker.

tuffguy
02-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I can't recall Vancouver giving up on a player they believe in with another couple of years of eligibility. Last time I checked, they don't make allot of mistakes. This guy will be ok, and nothing more.

westbeach55
02-02-2010, 06:35 PM
they didn't give up on him he wanted out and he didnt see eye to eye with hay wanted a fresh start

tuffguy
02-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I think that says enough. Guys leave PA cause they are treated average, and get average coaching. Why would one leave Vancouver? Because Don Hay is demanding on and off the ice. Your post speaks volumes about what we gave a 2nd rounf pick for.

tuffguy
02-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I say "we" because when you are a fan of a team, when you speak of the team you often refer to the team as we.

I will say it again. I like the team and the players generally speaking, and for that matter I like the town. But what I see here is a team with no plan or direction. Who are they building around? What is this guys track record developing players? Are his trades timely and effective. Do they fill a need? Why do so many players walk away from the team? Why do some players leave, and it is made to look as though they were re-assigned?

I try not to talk allot about the players. Generally I think I would say positive things about most of them, but when I don't I don't think its right to slander 16 and 17 year old players. Now if we (there I go again) (the Raiders) move a guy or bring a guy in, I think it is more of a reflection of management and what they are doing so I comment on it. Even then I try not to slander a player. I don't mind Tucker. Athletic and quick. But lacks technique, and is not worth a 2nd round pick. Especially when you look at it in the light of trading away Stanford over Zemlak and not getting enough in that deal.

I buy the odd ticket and watch the odd web pay per view. So I feel I can voice my opinion just like you. Rather than the rah rah team and Bruno drivel you like to write, I prefer to look at the team in a somewhat critical sense.

Don't take it so personal. It's a forum.

I will try and not to say "We". Maybe you will lighten up. Proabably not

More than likely I won't reply to anything you write in the future unless it is productive or critical in a manner I agree with or totally disagree with. You are trying to make this personal and I won't get into that. This is the Raider forum.

Ranger
02-03-2010, 12:56 AM
I can't recall Vancouver giving up on a player they believe in with another couple of years of eligibility. Last time I checked, they don't make allot of mistakes. This guy will be ok, and nothing more.

Last time I checked, Vancouver wasnt winning alot of games lately, I guess there is always a first time for mistakes.

Ranger
02-03-2010, 01:13 AM
I think that says enough. Guys leave PA cause they are treated average, and get average coaching. Why would one leave Vancouver? Because Don Hay is demanding on and off the ice. Your post speaks volumes about what we gave a 2nd rounf pick for.

IMO Don's probably a good coach for the players on the team, but he sure doesnt have a good record with the goaltenders..so that weakness in his coaching style is probably the reason why one would want to leave Vancouver or not want to return.

Raider Believer
02-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Two thumbs up to Bruno for doing his homework on Tucker.

:) Totally agree with you. Tucker is a solid tender today and will only get better. With Williams waiting in the wings, the Raiders will be strong between the pipes after Zemlak's Raider days are over. :clap:

Arthur Fonzerelli
02-06-2010, 02:12 PM
I don't think that it's Don Hay that is a poor judge of goalkeepers. Over the years the only decent keeper they have drafted was Sexsmith so to me it appears that it is the scouting staff that needs an education on goalie selection. I can't see the two they have now getting it done this year or next so more goalie changes should be expected for the Giants. Like all goalies Tucker has to find a way to be consistent to gain his team mates confidence.