PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs Ice

patsdude114
02-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Well it was a typical Monday night, as there is rarely games ever scheduled for a Monday unless your the Calgary Hitmen, Edmonton Oil Kings or Vancouver Giants as they have to contend with the NHL teams.

Both teams seemed very uninterested in tonights game at the best of times. Finally late in the 2nd period there was some life in the game. Matthews does this guy ever shut his yap during a game? Seems like all he does is yap after the whistle. Matthews was the difference again tonight seems like the Pats have been running into some very good goaltending as of late & tomorrow night against Red Deer doesnt get any easier with Keumper (if i spelt that right)

Tonight i totally agree with coach Sutter on the after game show, reguarding Ashton on the back door play. He seems to get stuffed at least once a game on that play. Its a play that MUST be buried when the chance presents itself. Strueby was/is VERY good at scoring on the play he has done it all season long but for some reason Hunt changed up his PP unit as soon as Eberle came back with Ashton on the roster. Hunt please put Strueby back on the RW on our top PP unit.

As you all know im not a huge Ketlo supporter but tonight he played very well, i wasnt too worried about him tonight though i am more worried for tomorrow nights game against Red Deer. His rebound control goes to crap (to put it best) on back to back nights. I am still waiting for Ketlo to put together 2 solid performances on back to back nights. Hasnt happened yet this year but the Pats need it to happen Tuesday night in a big way.

Why does Hunt insist on letting Leffler shoot in the shootouts?? The shootout isnt a age thing let your older veterns shoot it is about who is the best 1 on 1 who has the high end skill. Leffler doesnt have that high end skill he is a meat & potatoes player at best, as is Streuby. Gustafsson & Ashton should be the guys shooting after Eberle & Weal like i said HIGH END SKILL these are our next best high end skilled guys not necessarily in that order with Gustafsson & Ashton. Heck id have Teubert shooting before Leffler & Streuby in the shootout.