PDA

View Full Version : Pat's Coaching

Arthur Fonzerelli
02-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Most of the posters on here last year were pretty negative towards last years coach. It doesn't appear that this year's coach is having any more success but he isn't getting criticized for ineptitude. Has it been decided that most of the blame lies with ownership and the gm and Pat fans are just going to ride this out.
I've only been in Regina twice this season to watch the Pats and both times it wasn't worth the admission.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
02-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I've never understood why Hunt came back to coach the Pats. Like players, I would assume most coaches want to get to the next level. He was at the next level as head coach in the AHL. Taking a step backwards, and not having much success with the Pats this year, has got to to hurt his future. I can understand why people are questioning his coaching abilities. With the amount of talent he has to work with, the Pats should not be on the outside looking in at this time of the season.

bigjimmer
02-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I am glad to see people are begging to question the coaching of Hunt. I have posted on Pedersen?s blog about this and he wouldn?t post my comments.

Hunt is here for a couple of reasons. He?s not a proven coach; he has never won and won?t win. His style is very easy to read by other coaches and 8 out of 10 games he out coached. Hunt can not motivate his players or create a winning way. How do you have the talent that you presently have on this team and you can?t get win?

Secondly, he?s a puppet! Parker loves yes men, there is nothing more than Parker fears than bringing in a true hockey mind, with a proven record that may blow Parker?s cover of being a hockey no-mind. When a team has the opportunity to acquire someone like Habscheid, Hartsburg, Preston or Yawney and you pass them up and go with Hunt or Derkatch last year, it proves you lack confidence. The Parker?s have money, they could afford a quality NHL calibre coach, but they continue to try and get these guys who haven?t won, and think they are the answer.

Finally, confidence. Hunt lacks confidence. Good coaches excel at the pro ranks if they are tough, they know the game, they sell their program in a way that players buy into and they walk with confidence. Hunt knew he could not lead up to the success that Clouston had with the Senators farm club. He jumped ship and came back to his safety net, with a GM who lacks confidence. Now, look at Clouston and what he has done with the Sens, and look at Hunt and how every night he looks shocked at the end of the game. WHL players aren?t stupid, they can see right through Hunt and Parker and that?s why this team does not perform. How does a team have three bench minors in a game at this level for too many men on the ice (in Moose Jaw Saturday night)? Hunt can talk about character, but players need to believe and buy into a coach before it carries throughout the program.

Regina hockey fans deserve better. Better will come when the Parker?s leave town, till that point, the fan base will suffer, especially considering the Pat?s future was traded away again to try and salvage another disgraceful season.
________
Fix Ps3 (http://fixps3.info/)

aaAlta
02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Coach sure did looked pissed at the end of the RD game.

I dunno. The team is competing and battling, with respectable results since the new year. They've only lost once in regulation in the last ten. And taking games to shootout against KI and RD, though rough starts in both, is not bad either. If you werent in such a tight place. Actually, I'd say the back to the wall situation can also be a major factor in play. They will be uptight, confidence on edge. Scoring creativity and solid team D can get shakey under those circumstances, especially under quality pressure.

I agree they are off a notch from where they need and want to be. And I'm sure they keep working on bringing that together and up every day. But theres so many factors in play I dont know that I'd dump it all on coaching or management. I'm sure they are just trying to do what they think is right for the team too.