PDA

View Full Version : Rebels @ Brandon

Joe Hallenback
02-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Let's beat the Rebels once this year! :)

Boltz9
02-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I sure hope so. If Deserres doesn't start this game tonight then I will really question Kelly's logic. Hopefully it will be a good crowd to cheer them on after that road trip.

dagley
02-03-2010, 03:29 PM
If Deserres doesn't start Ill go down to the bench and smack Kelly myself.

brandonboy
02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
If Deserres doesn't start Ill go down to the bench and smack Kelly myself.

Ill hold him for you!

pensfan87
02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
careful, kelly might come at you with a goalie stick :P only cost him 500 bucks why not?

Road Warrior
02-03-2010, 10:06 PM
For all you DeSerres fans 3 soft goals tonight Hayes was supposed to start but got hurt in pregame took puck off knee can hardly skate. Kelly is going to rotate them each game right from the horses mouth before game. Will start hayes first game of playoffs then ride who is hot. DeSerres got back to backs before this game because he had family in Calgary. Actually if you ask Kelly questions he answers straight no BS I was impressed.

sbtatter
02-03-2010, 10:08 PM
For all you DeSerres fans 3 soft goals tonight Hayes was supposed to start but got hurt in pregame took puck off knee can hardly skate. Kelly is going to rotate them each game right from the horses mouth before game. Will start hayes first game of playoffs then ride who is hot. DeSerres got back to backs before this game because he had family in Calgary. Actually if you ask Kelly questions he answers straight no BS I was impressed.

Luber said the last goal was 2 deflections with no chance for Deserres

BSB
02-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Hayes was supposed to start but got hurt in pregame
I doubt the reliability of your post as DeSerres was the first goalie to take the net in the pre-game and that is always the starting goalie.

WorkHorse
02-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Pregame skate happens earlier in the day, you're thinking of warmups.

Joe Hallenback
02-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Yay a win! I didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight. How did the team play?

brandonboy
02-03-2010, 11:46 PM

Ok so we all get it your Hayes mother or family of some sort and are upset that he's not good enough to keep the no. 1 spot. But do you really have to come on here and make things up to try and feel better....

Boltz9
02-04-2010, 12:18 AM

I don't know how you saw 3 soft goals. The third one was tipped a couple times as someone else already mentioned and the second was a really nice play, I'm blanking on the first one because I can't remember it but I thought he played really well tonight. Kelly better keep riding his hot goalie and stop this rotation thing.

BSB
02-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Ok so we all get it your Hayes mother or family of some sort....
Pay a little closer attention and you might actually spot Hayes family on here, but it's not whom you are accusing and they actually provide some valuable insight to the forum from time to time.

Pregame skate happens earlier in the day, you're thinking of warmups.
Oops, thanks for the clarification.

EOK1
02-04-2010, 04:08 PM
How long does Calvert have to wear that face shield, and what exactly is the reason for it?

Boltz9
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
How long does Calvert have to wear that face shield, and what exactly is the reason for it?

He took a puck in the face in practice a couple weeks ago. No clue on how long it will be till it's off but it can't be that long.

Boltz9
02-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Lane Scheidl vs Darren Bestland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlE4TTg4d3c&feature=player_embedded

Nice hit by Bestland on RNH. Gotta love how Scheidl jumps him after it then try's to block his punches by kicking him in the face.

dagley
02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
The way Calvert has been playing with that face mask, he should just leave it on. lol.

brandonboy
02-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Lane Scheidl vs Darren Bestland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlE4TTg4d3c&feature=player_embedded

Nice hit by Bestland on RNH. Gotta love how Scheidl jumps him after it then try's to block his punches by kicking him in the face.

I've watced this on a few other sites and agree that the kick looks intentional...
So my question is should this be reviewed by the leauge as an attempt to injure?

dagley
02-05-2010, 12:17 AM
I've watced this on a few other sites and agree that the kick looks intentional...
So my question is should this be reviewed by the leauge as an attempt to injure?

You would think the league would look at that, I think you can clearly see him purposely kicking upwards. And honestly, that has to be at least a 10-15 game suspension or even more steep. seeing had he sliced his jugular or anything like that he could have lost his life.

Boltz9
02-05-2010, 01:08 AM
I personally don't see much coming from this. I kinda thought he would have got a game misconduct though instead of a 10 minute misconduct. I'm not sure if he truly wanted to kick him, I think its more or less a snap reaction when your on your back to protect yourself with your feet, obviously not when you have skates on but thats just the immediate reaction. If he did cut him pretty bad then I could see a suspenion coming out of it but it looked like he missed mostly.

Joe Hallenback
02-05-2010, 09:25 AM
It doesn't look like much but it is dangerous. I don't know if he will get suspended or not this isn't the Q they are not going to suspend someone for life and put them in prison :p

hitmanfan
02-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I thought is was a reaction, not an intent to injure. Plus you supposed to stop beating the other guy when he hits the ice, or else that might happen.

lordstanley
02-05-2010, 10:22 AM
I agree Bestland was just as much of a jerk by not stopping his punches when schidel was allready down

dagley
02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I agree Bestland was just as much of a jerk by not stopping his punches when schidel was allready down

I am quite sure almost anyone in the league would still try and knock the guys head off if they tried kicking them in the face with a skate.