PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Next Season

Joe Hallenback
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
8 Brenden Walker RW R 5'11 180 Jul. 6, 1992 St.Anne, MB Game by Game report
10 Brayden Schenn C L 6'0 192 Aug. 22, 1991 Saskatoon, SK Brandon Wheat Kings Game by Game report
15 Scott Glennie C R 6'1 188 Feb. 22, 1991 Winnipeg, Man Brandon Wheat Kings Game by Game report
16 Mark Stone RW R 6'3 190 May. 13, 1992 Winnipeg, Man Brandon Wheat Kings Game by Game report
17 Shayne Wiebe LW L 5'11 188 Jan. 23, 1990 Brandon, MB Kamloops Blazers Game by Game report
19 Jesse Sinatynski C L 5'11 185 Sep. 16, 1992 Fort Saskatchewan, AB Game by Game report
25 Paul Ciarelli C L 6'1 192 Mar. 4, 1991 Winnipeg, MB Brandon Wheat Kings Game by Game report
27 Michael Ferland LW L 6'0 193 Aug. 17, 1992 Brandon, MB Game by Game report

Defencemen

No. Player Pos. Shoots Ht Wt DOB Hometown 2008-09 Regular Season
3 Brodie Melnychuk D L 6'4 196 May. 13, 1991 Balgonie, Sas Brandon Wheat Kings Game by Game report
7 Mark Schneider D L 6'1 186 Nov. 10, 1990 Brandon, MB Brandon Wheat Kings Game by Game report
22 Jordan Hale D L 6'3 211 Feb. 12, 1990 Lacombe, Alb Brandon Wheat Kings Game by Game report
28 Darren Bestland D L 5'10 180 Sep. 19, 1990 Brunkild, Man Brandon Wheat Kings Game by Game report
32 Ryley Miller D L 6'0 174 Sep. 24, 1992 Spruce Grove, Alb Brandon Wheat Kings Game by Game report

Goalies

No. Player Pos. Catches Ht Wt DOB Hometown 2008-09 Regular Season
1 Jacob De Serres G L 6'2 180 Mar. 18, 1990 Calgary, AB Seattle Thunderbirds Game by Game report
35 Andrew Hayes G L 6'0 193 Jan. 8, 1990 Sherwood Park, AB Brandon Wheat Kings Game by Game report

Gone for sure
Calvert,Fehr,Lewadniuk to Age
Rajala Back to Finland
Radeke - AHL
Robak - AHL
Urbom - AHL
Hamonic - AHL

20 year Olds on the Roster
Wiebe,Schnieder,Hale,Bestland,Hayes,DeSerres

Could be in the NHL
Schenn and Glennie

16 and 17 year olds

Jason Swyripa - Not sure what happened when he got sent home but I heard he was happy about it. Little guy, lot of skill putting up numbers in AAA in Alberta
Jordan Fransoo - Good size and can skate. Putting up really good numbers in midget. Would have been on the team if it wasn't for the Memorial cup.
Liam Liston - Top rated 16 year old goalie in the west. Had a really good camp and by all accounts would have stuck as a back up if not for the memorial cup. Having a great year in AAA midget.
Rene Hunter - Got a looksy for one game this year and did not look out of place. Getting used to playing with bigger and faster players in the MJHL this season.
Jens Meilleur - Solid year first year in the MJHL with WayWay. Reminds me alot of Brendan Walker.
Austin Lewis - Little dynamo from Brandon. Plays like Jay Fehr. Could be good but its hard to say how a smaller guy adjusts

Eric Roy - Big Mobile defender putting up huge numbers in midget. I expect in to slot in easily next season
Dylan Kuczek - Thick bodied hard hitting Kuczek is playing bantam AAA with the Winnipeg Sharks this season. Loves to mix it up like Miller. Not sure why he is not with the Thrashers in Midget this season but he should be.
Dakota Conroy - Big Winger who can score. A steal in the 3rd round as he was considered to be a surefire first rounder. 20 goals in midget AAA for powerhouse SSAC.
Tyrael Seaman - Good sized winger with soft hands. Playing with Roy in PA. Having a good rookie season in midget. I saw him play twice this year. Early on in the season looked tentative but lately looks really solid.
Carter Proft -Another player that fell into our laps late. Hard working and good skill set could see him have a shot next year.

My Projected Lineup

Wiebe Glennie Stone
Walker Ferland Sinatynski
Swyripa Meiller Conroy
Proft King Seaman

Melnychuk Schneider
Miller Fransoo
Roy Hunter
Kuczek

Liston

Joe Hallenback
02-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Now I am thinking

Schenn will be gone to the NHL. BUT there is a possiblity he comes back next season. That would change alot of things because a 19 year old Glennie and Schenn makes us really good every night

20 year olds

Wiebe and Schnieder are my locks. I think Bestland goes back to the MJHL or gets traded. That will leave one of the Goalies and Hale. It would not surprise me to see Brandon trade for a 19 year old goalie and let both Hayes an De Serres go and keep Hale as a forward protecting our young guys.

Also I can see us making some deals for teams with excess 19 year old forwards just to give us some depth.

I can't remember a Wheat King team that had 6 16 year olds on it

wheaties89
02-05-2010, 03:16 PM
why the hell woud rajala be back in finland next year? and u never know with schenn. eberle was dominant last year in junior and didnt make edmonton. la has a lot of skilled forwards so not sure they want him playing 5-10 minutes a game so he could easily be back

Joe Hallenback
02-05-2010, 03:18 PM
He has to go back. He needs to serve a year in the military and he will do that and play with Ilves next year

dagley
02-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Schenn wont make the LA Kings next year, way to much depth upfront. He will for sure be back.

sbtatter
02-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I think we will keep Wiebe, Bestland and Hayes as overagers. Bestland because he brings more toughness and plays more games than the injury prone Schneider

sbtatter
02-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Oh and if Schenn and Glennie are back, and we're having a average year, i could really see us trading them to league contenders for a whole pile of future potential, gain back some of what we rightly gave up for the mem Cup....

dagley
02-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Oh and if Schenn and Glennie are back, and we're having a average year, i could really see us trading them to league contenders for a whole pile of future potential, gain back some of what we rightly gave up for the mem Cup....

Wouldn't have a problem with that to be honest.

sbtatter
02-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Wouldn't have a problem with that to be honest.

It would be the smart thing to do, set us up for a big run in 2012/13!!!!!

Boltz9
02-05-2010, 05:21 PM
I agree if they are back and we aren't in contention for a long playoff run then we would do the smart thing and get as much as we can for them. Basically what Regina should have done with Eberle.

dagley
02-05-2010, 05:28 PM
It would be really difficult to see those two guys in different jerseys. Hopefully ship them out West. They have done amazing things for our franchise and might be two of the best players to ever play for us, their numbers and what they just have done for Brandon.

Vik
02-05-2010, 07:04 PM
If Schenn and Glennie are back, we should definitely be trading them next season but I don't know if Kelly would do it.

My guess for the overagers is Wiebe, Schneider, and Hayes.

eberle was dominant last year in junior and didnt make edmonton
The Oilers had too many forwards or they probably would've kept him. Even with two guys on the IR to start the season they had to demote Liam Reddox (after putting him on waivers) who played for them last season.

Schenn wont make the LA Kings next year, way to much depth upfront. He will for sure be back.
How do they have way too much depth? Frolov and Ivanans are UFAs (and both are pretty likely to leave) which leaves...

For sure...
Anze Kopitar
Ryan Smyth
Justin Williams
Jarret Stoll
Dustin Brown
Michal Handzus
Wayne Simmonds
Teddy Purcell (RFA)
Brad Richardson (RFA)

Possibles...
Oscar Moller
Andrei Loktionov
Brandon Segal
Scott Parse
Trevor Lewis
Corey Elkins
John Zeiler
Kevin Westgarth
Brayden Schenn

Smyth, Kopitar, Williams, Brown, and Stoll are the top sixers with either Purcell or Moller. And if they're looking for a 3rd liner (to go with say Handzus and Simmonds), Schenn might be the most suitable on that list. Of course, they could just sign someone and he's obviously far from a sure thing but it's definitely a possibility.

lordstanley
02-05-2010, 07:52 PM
If Schenn and Glennie are back, we should definitely be trading them next season but I don't know if Kelly would do it.

My guess for the overagers is Wiebe, Schneider, and Hayes.

The Oilers had too many forwards or they probably would've kept him. Even with two guys on the IR to start the season they had to demote Liam Reddox (after putting him on waivers) who played for them last season.

How do they have way too much depth? Frolov and Ivanans are UFAs (and both are pretty likely to leave) which leaves...

For sure...
Anze Kopitar
Ryan Smyth
Justin Williams
Jarret Stoll
Dustin Brown
Michal Handzus
Wayne Simmonds
Teddy Purcell (RFA)
Brad Richardson (RFA)

Possibles...
Oscar Moller
Andrei Loktionov
Brandon Segal
Scott Parse
Trevor Lewis
Corey Elkins
John Zeiler
Kevin Westgarth
Brayden Schenn

Smyth, Kopitar, Williams, Brown, and Stoll are the top sixers with either Purcell or Moller. And if they're looking for a 3rd liner (to go with say Handzus and Simmonds), Schenn might be the most suitable on that list. Of course, they could just sign someone and he's obviously far from a sure thing but it's definitely a possibility.
Comming from a Blades fan i don't think you guys will do as bad as some people may think you will do got a decent core expecially if Schenn comes back

sbtatter
02-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Bestland can do the job of both Hale and Schneider, that's why I'd keep him over the injury prone Schneider

sbtatter
02-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Robidoux can probably be pencilled in to be in the mix of defence next season as well...

Vik
02-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Bestland can do the job of both Hale and Schneider, that's why I'd keep him over the injury prone Schneider

I'm not sure which one I would keep (haven't seen enough of them) but my guess is Kelly keeps Schneider.

Allin44
02-06-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure which one I would keep (haven't seen enough of them) but my guess is Kelly keeps Schneider.

Concur

Allin44
02-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Also, how much fan support would that team get?

3500 average?

dagley
02-06-2010, 03:08 PM
God knows, I still find it pathetic there are still MC packages available.

Allin44
02-06-2010, 03:20 PM
God knows, I still find it pathetic there are still MC packages available.

Wondering how that works with the boxes.

With 7-20 seat boxes now, is that just an extra 140 packages they can sell now?

sbtatter
02-06-2010, 04:27 PM

I'm guessing #28!

sbtatter
02-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Wondering how that works with the boxes.

With 7-20 seat boxes now, is that just an extra 140 packages they can sell now?

Well, there are only 5 boxes available, kelly has the Southern 1, J and G the Northern 1. the other 5, i heard they will be used by corporate WHL sponsors and mgt for the Mem Cup......Don't know for sure, but that's what I heard....

olwpgjet
02-06-2010, 10:47 PM
For 20 year olds, Hamonic will be gone but there might remain a slim chance one of Radeke, Robak or Urbom. I'm thinking Wiebe is probably a very good bet, I would easily take Bestland over Schneider and if none of other big 3 were available , I would take either Hayes or Schneider depending what our up and coming goaltending looks like for the last guy . If rookies (goalies ) look good, go with 2 dmen and Wiebe, (assuming DeSerres is out of the equation). As far as Schenn and Glennie go , I think Schenn would be about 40 - 60 to return and probably 95% chance Glennie should be back.

sbtatter
02-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I think Readeke, Urbom, Robak, DeSerres, hamonick won't be back.
So here's my order
Wiebe, Bestland, Hayes, Schneider.
I wouldn't keep Hale as an overager

olwpgjet
02-07-2010, 11:46 AM
I think Readeke, Urbom, Robak, DeSerres, hamonick won't be back.
So here's my order
Wiebe, Bestland, Hayes, Schneider.
I wouldn't keep Hale as an overager

You're probably right on all accounts but you never know. We were lucky to get Calvert back this year but Fehr and Lewadniuk were 2 pretty decent players coming back this year. might be a chance Radeke would be back. There was an earlier rumour in the year that just wouldn't go away of Aulie coming back although it didn't materialize . Who knows , maybe Robak would be sent back to work on his physical game for another year in junior, probably about 60 - 40 that they all move on though.

Joe Hallenback
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Radaeke signed a contract with Detroit he will be in the AHL