PDA

View Full Version : Lane Scheidl kicks Wheat kings player

west coast
02-05-2010, 03:23 PM
In recent game, Brandon Wheatking player delivers a solid open ice hit to a Red Deer Rebel player.Scheidl jumps Wheat King player and then in an attempt to cover up , he does some kind of MMA move to protect himself and kicks his feet up into the air connecting with the Wheat King player.I am not sure if Scheidl of Red Deer is to be suspended but it looks like a dangerous action that should be addressed .

west coast
02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
darren westland of brandon was the wheatking player involved.Video is on youtube

bcas70
02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Watching the game live it looked accidental and my gut feeling from watching the Youtube video suggests the same but I am also curious if the league will review this.

Boltz9
02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
*Darren Bestland

SectionNDeserter
02-05-2010, 03:58 PM
While they are reviewing it, they could also have a look at Wiebe on the shorthanded breakaway, getting stopped by Barnstable and then sticking his leg/knee out and ploughing the goalie into the net, just games after getting suspended for running the PA goaltender. Just a thought...

Boltz9
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Give me a break.

tiny
02-05-2010, 05:16 PM
From watching the video of it several times it looks to me like you are an example of the saying, "For every action there is an overreaction." I believe that when you are flat on your back and continue to be punched, the normal reaction is to roll to protect yourself and your feet will come up.

As for the goal, I was just able to listen on the radio but it sounded questionable at least.

Boltz9
02-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Theres video of all the highlights on the Wheat King website.

sbtatter
02-05-2010, 05:22 PM
From watching the video of it several times it looks to me like you are an example of the saying, "For every action there is an overreaction." I believe that when you are flat on your back and continue to be punched, the normal reaction is to roll to protect yourself and your feet will come up.

As for the goal, I was just able to listen on the radio but it sounded questionable at least.

Scheidl was the 1st guy to roll on top and punch bestland, then bestland took his turn, so neither guy wins any honour award. I don't think Scheidl meant to gat his skates up and cut bestland at all, it was just one of those things. There was no need for him to take on bestland because the hit on RNH was clean.
RD's coach had no problems with Wiebe's goal.
Different note, is Ferraro struggling with an injury because he doesn't appear as dynamic as last year?

SectionNDeserter
02-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Scheidl was the 1st guy to roll on top and punch bestland, then bestland took his turn, so neither guy wins any honour award. I don't think Scheidl meant to gat his skates up and cut bestland at all, it was just one of those things. There was no need for him to take on bestland because the hit on RNH was clean.
RD's coach had no problems with Wiebe's goal.My first post was actually just making a point about grossly overreacting to things that happen in a game.... Should it have been goaltender interference? Definately. Should the goal have counted? Definately not. Ref blew the call, plain and simple. Should the play be reviewed and Wiebe suspended? Absolutely not.

Different note, is Ferraro struggling with an injury because he doesn't appear as dynamic as last year?He was injured for about the first 3 months, and is just starting to round into form. Could be just an off game though, as the first 3 games I watched Schenn in this season, he didn't look like he could crack a Jr. B lineup, much less a WHL lineup--but I know he is a far better player than that.

dagley
02-05-2010, 06:06 PM
When Schenn came back from LA, he didn't seem like himself for the first two weeks he was here it seemed. He finally got back into form, although he is not as physical as he use to be (in my eyes). He is still dominant, and can control the game much by himself with his skillset. I still wish he was as feisty as he use to be.

sbtatter
02-05-2010, 10:45 PM
When Schenn came back from LA, he didn't seem like himself for the first two weeks he was here it seemed. He finally got back into form, although he is not as physical as he use to be (in my eyes). He is still dominant, and can control the game much by himself with his skillset. I still wish he was as feisty as he use to be.

Man, can he pass the puck hey?!

sbtatter
02-05-2010, 10:48 PM
My first post was actually just making a point about grossly overreacting to things that happen in a game.... Should it have been goaltender interference? Definately. Should the goal have counted? Definately not. Ref blew the call, plain and simple. Should the play be reviewed and Wiebe suspended? Absolutely not.

He was injured for about the first 3 months, and is just starting to round into form. Could be just an off game though, as the first 3 games I watched Schenn in this season, he didn't look like he could crack a Jr. B lineup, much less a WHL lineup--but I know he is a far better player than that.

Your coach was quoted he thought it was a good goal.
Schenn wasn't playing great at the start of the year, but Jr. B, you're grossly overreacting again!!!!!

sbtatter
02-06-2010, 09:49 AM
The other thing I forgot to say is how good is RNH's? That kid is going to be some sort of a point scoring machine, his style reminds me of Sakic. Is he in the draft 2011 or 2012?