PDA

View Full Version : Game 53-Hitmen 4 at Tigers 1

Hitmen1
02-05-2010, 07:07 PM
I missed basically the entire game, I just caught a few minutes in each period. Here is a great breakdown from "Greg" over at junior hockey junkies:

It was really back-and-forth in the first period with both teams spending extended time in each others end. Yes, the reffing was terrible, but both ways - Jones was hit by Kessy in the crease after the play and the Tigers announcers were knocking Jones for diving. There were at least a couple of penalties on both sides that were just not called and there was a lot of extra pushing and shoving going on. Broda and Cameron tried to fight halfway though the period, but the linesmen jumped in and basically blocked them out before they could throw a punch. (they each got double-minors)

missed the first goal (Barb is already asleep) so I can't tell you how it went in, I just heard the announcement of Foucault from Beach. Just like in the first, there were definitely some chippy parts in the 2nd, and I can't remember who was chasing Stone but the Med Hat announcers really brushed it off. When the Hat scored their goal, it was a big transition - one second it was Schultz and Kozun with a great opportunity on Bunz, and the next second it's Hamilton & Cameron on a 2-on-1; Hamilton fired a shot and Cameron buried the rebound for a 1-1 game. Anyone else who saw the game: was it Nyren who got caught on the 2-on-1? I thought I saw Kosterman between Hamilton and Cameron, but it could have been 17 and not 7. The game could have really been 2 or 3 to 1 for Med Hat, on the PP there was one opportunity where Vey took a pass across the crease and Jones absolutely robbed him coming across with the pad. In the 2nd, Kirsch turned and wired one off the post. Since he's been playing more, he's definitely been looking better there and maybe with 1 goal he's going to shoot more which is definitely a benefit! There was not too bad a fight between Kessy and Beach, it took them a little time to hook up and then they threw a few rounds before asking the linesmen to break them up - Cody did his hands in the air move again, and it really got the crowd booing.

In the third, the Hitmen got their goal early as Stone carried around on the right side and going behind the goal line he threw it infront to the slot where Fiddler took the puck and roofed it past Bunz. From there, with the exception of some D-man rushes, it was really about the Hitmen sitting back a bit. Some 2-on-1's developed from the plays, but Bunz really shut the door; on the other side, every time Med Hat put a shot on Jones, he blocked and covered - absolutely boring but effective. The only poor thing about the third period was their faceoffs as I'll bet that MH probably won 75%. There were some missed penalties, one that stands out was when Joey Frazer dumped in the puck and got absolutely tackled by Nyren. The announcers (as usual) were mortified and for once I think they were right on that one, it was a clear interference. Etem took a high sticking penalty late, and it was the only Hitmen power play that turned successful as Shattock took a short pass from Foucault and shot it past Bunz from the right side. From there it was never in doubt - Sylvester dumped it right before the buzzer and that empty net goal was scored at 19:59.9, they didn't even have a faceoff after that one.

You can find the entire post right here. (http://www.network54.com/Forum/236406/message/1265348887/WebTV)