PDA

View Full Version : Bantam Draft

Joe Hallenback
05-05-2005, 10:56 AM
So Far the Wheaties have picked up

1. Sanfred King From Brandon. Hes a High Scoring talented Center and one of the "big 3" of Manitoba players which included #3 pick Dale Hunt and #15 Pick Travis Bobbee. I really wish Neal Prokop from Winnipeg would have dropped further and allowed Brandon to choose him but King is a local boy and will add some scoring once the big boys leave.

2. Jordan Hale from Red Deer. Another Center. I wonder if he is also a big time scorer.

3. Andrew Hayes from Sherwood Park. A goalie. interesting pick especially if they are looking to move Nichols next season for some forward help.

Triton
05-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Looks like Brandon picked up Lucas Mikkelsen in the 5th round,a player who was supposed to go in the first.What is Kelly thinking when selecting?Sanfred King?Another Topilko?Well at least they grabbed a solid pick in Mikkelsen,Hale and Hayes.

Joe Hallenback
05-05-2005, 01:46 PM
I guess when he is your backyard and you get to see him play all the time you kinda know what your getting.

I was hoping Prokop would slide down into our laps but it looks Like Moose Jaw was doing there homework. I think Prokop is a better player the Dale Hunt.

Joe Hallenback
05-05-2005, 01:52 PM
We may have gotten the Steal of the Draft with David Toews. by all accounts if he was committed to playing in the WHL he would be a top first round pick but he was going the College route like his older Brother Jonathon Toews.

If anyone can convince him to come to Brandon its Mcrimmon. Here's hoping :clap:

Stay-Puft
05-05-2005, 02:22 PM
You guys may have the best chance at landing a Towes in the WHL. Looks like its a closer drive to brandon from winnipeg than it is down to Fargo, ND, where Jonathon is. By the way, maybe in our chat room, can anyone give us some info on our (as of the 7th round) 4 winnipeg draftees?