PDA

View Full Version : Game 54-Tigers 0 at Hitmen 2

Hitmen1
02-08-2010, 10:47 PM
The Hitmen beat the Tigers 2-0 on Saturday night to win both games of the home and home against the division rivals. It was a big game for both teams as it allowed the Hitmen to jump ahead of the Tigers in the standings while still having 4 games in hand.

I listened to the game on the radio it seemed like it was a very even game, especially through the first 2 periods. Both goalies were good, the reffing was terrible (as it always is in the WHL), the difference was a Joel Broda power play goal with just 10 seconds left in the 2nd period.

In the third period the Hitmen probably sat back alittle too much and the Tigers poured it on but could not beat Martin Jones. Del Cowan finished the scoring with an empty goal with just 10 seconds left in the third period. Marty Jones picked up the shutout, making 33 saves in the process. I believe over at the junkies site someone mentioned that Marty is now a perfect 10-0 in his career vs Medicine Hat.

Jones was also named WHL player of the week earlier today, Jones was 3-0 last week with a 0.67 GAA. He stopped 89 of the 91 shots he faced for a 0.978 save percentage. Congrats Marty!

tigsfan0809
02-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Jones has been fantastic this last stretch for the Hitties. I told my friends the last guy I want to see going against the Tigers in the playoffs is him......Hell I'd rather see the Tigers play the Ice in the playoffs than face him.......lol!!