PDA

View Full Version : Game 55-Hitmen 6 at Broncos 1

Hitmen1
02-12-2010, 12:23 AM
On Tuesday night the Hitmen went into Swift Current, started back up Michael Snider, his first start since early January, and completely dominated the Broncos, winning 6-1. The Hitmen were really never pushed in the game and got contributions from all 4 lines offensively. The Hitmen peppered Bronco goalie Morgan Clark with 36 shots on goal while Michael Snider only faced 16.

Swift Current radio pbp man Jon Keen sure had some great things to say about the Hitmen following the game:

Calgary and Brandon for my money are the teams to beat in the East right now. The trade they made with Kamloops at the deadline to bring in Stebner, Bubnick and Shattock is starting to pay dividends.

I've seen some good teams this year, and Calgary is right there with all of them. It was their fifth win in a row.

You can read Jon's blog right here. (http://jonkeen.blogspot.com/)

1. CAL Broda, (29) (Bubnick, Rissling), 18:51 (PP)
2. CAL Bubnick, (21) (Nyren, Stebner), 8:39 (PP)
2. CAL Kozun, (24) (Stone), 10:45
2. S.C Eakin, (39) (Dowling, Stickland), 14:31 (PP)
3. CAL Cowan, (13) (Fiddler, Sylvester), 1:11
3. CAL Royer, (3) (Beach, Foucault), 4:38
3. CAL Royer, (4) (Beach, Foucault), 18:13

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
02-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Seeing the Hitmen in Swift Current twice in 7 days I have to admit that the they (currently) have been the best team i've seen all year. The traded players are now fitting in real well and their defence is total shut down. Notching 2 wins against the Hat and dominating the Pats, the Hitmen are starting to make a statement. Not that they were a poor team before. I think they will give Saskatoon and Brandon all they can handle.