PDA

View Full Version : What's your music?

Fight Guy
01-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Kinda curious as to everybody's taste in music and what you listen to.

I'm into hard rock, thrash, and metal. Stuff like In Flames, Metallica, Dark Tranquility, Testament, Megadeth, Godsmack, System of a Down, Disturbed, and stuff like that.

ScottyWazz
01-20-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm what the kids like to call "eclectic."

Anything from Matthew Good (Band) to Kenny Chesney to Dropkick Murphy's to from.first.to.last to plenty of hip hop. I guess more into alternative rock and country music.

Tiger Trauma
01-20-2005, 12:26 PM
I prefer any song with some nice guitar riifs...from metal...to country...even a little bit of rap...My fav band is nickelback though.

Anybody using this forum play guitar?

ihlemic10
01-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Hard rock and metal. Nothing like some Metallica to wake you up.

Fight Guy
01-20-2005, 03:59 PM
I also enjoy some punk...like Death by Stereo and Raised Fist. Pretty good stuff.

And as for Nickleback...I really don't like them...but there are a few songs I do like. 'Never Again' is a decent song, and 'Because of You' is decent too...because of the sound. Not a big fan of the vocals or lyrics though.

Billy Blade
01-20-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm into hard rock, thrash, and metal. Stuff like In Flames, Metallica, Dark Tranquility, Testament, Megadeth, Godsmack, System of a Down, Disturbed, and stuff like that.

Have you ever heard my friend's band from here in Saskatoon, Morally Sound (http://www.morallysound.com)? I do the website for them, check 'em out.

Fight Guy
01-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Pretty cool. I like the sound. Not a big fan of the vocals though. I think they would be better if the vocals were deeper and kinda dark. It think they would be sweet then. Pretty cool.

Noticed they've played with Into Eternity a few times awhile back when they used to be good. Old Into Eternity is pretty sweet.

The_Vulk
01-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Anything with a great, strong beat to it.

Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Dance, Instrumentals, Marches, New Age, etc.

Rammstein, Kiss, Ace Of Base, John Williams, Brahms, Daft Punk, etc.

Fight Guy
01-20-2005, 05:44 PM
MY GOD! I never included Rammstein in my list. If I were going to Europe with my buddies still, we were going to try and catch a show in Berlin. Too bad tickets sold out for the two shows in June a couple months ago. I don't they will be in Berlin at the time anyway. That would have been insane. They're a really weird band...lol.

Kassian
01-20-2005, 06:08 PM

Ditto. The heavier the better. :D

Nodak
01-20-2005, 07:54 PM

My taste in music follows along these lines. I like older (early to mid-90's) metal more than the new stuff though. And of course pre-Load Metallica is good.

kelownakarl
01-20-2005, 07:57 PM
I like a little bit of everything. Alot of the new country that is coming out is excellent. I also have found myself listening to Rod Stewarts latest release as well as some classic Elton John. Also Bob Marley is a great artist. Basically I can put anything in my cd changer and let it spin!

Fight Guy
01-20-2005, 08:18 PM
My taste in music follows along these lines. I like older (early to mid-90's) metal more than the new stuff though. And of course pre-Load Metallica is good.
Yes, pre-Load indeed. Garage Inc. is pretty cool though.

A couple more bands I really enjoy and dont know why I never listed before...Pantera and Slayer. I dont know how I could have left out Slayer. :mad: Raining Blood! :mad:

And I thought I might add, that I despise all that is country. I'm sorry for you country fans, but I just can't stand it. Sounds terrible to me...but that's me.

mccabe23
01-20-2005, 09:02 PM
I like music like Greenday, offspring, Sum 41, Thornley and stuff like that. favorite song of all time though is Enter Sandman!

Rebel66
01-25-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm really into Green Day again. "American Idiot" is one of the best records to come out in years imo. I've got real varied tastes though enjoying the likes of The Offspring, U2, James, even slower stuff like Mark Knopfler works for me.

aknarab
01-30-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm strictly only Sublime and The Postal Service right now. But i'm into it all. U2, The Ataris, Tim McGraw, Joe Cocker, Rolling Stones, Explosions in the Sky, Modest Mouse. That about covers my basis.

Kassian
01-30-2005, 08:31 PM
And I thought I might add, that I despise all that is country. I'm sorry for you country fans, but I just can't stand it. Sounds terrible to me...but that's me.

I'm a metal fan and that is all I have ever been. But I don't mind country at all. I can at least respect it and tolerate it. Unlike rap music. Worst thing in the world. :mad:

Jew Panda
01-31-2005, 01:56 AM
I'm respectful of all types of music, but I'm very selective. Rock, Rap, "Punk", Classical, Alternative, Oldies, Country - I'll listen to some form of each genre.

Fight Guy
02-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Now do I ever wish I were going to Europe with my buddies...the third day they're there, they are seeing System of a Down in London. :( :mad:

IceMan
02-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I do the speed/thrash thing too. Not much new stuff out there really gets me anymore. I think that the newest CD that I own is Godsmack's first album ;)

Pantera, Slayer, Prong, Old Sabbath, Cliff Burton Era Metallica, GodSmack and a little bit of Dope (Die MF Die).

Used to play in a band back in the early 90's. Songs are online if anyone wants a chuckle. (PM me for the URL)

Billy Blade
02-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Now do I ever wish I were going to Europe with my buddies...the third day they're there, they are seeing System of a Down in London. :( :mad:

Chop Suey! :clap:

I love System.

Spungy
02-05-2005, 01:33 AM
i like everything! anything i have heard enough times to recognize is good!

ointhecreek
02-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, I'm an old hippy, so anything hippyish :laugh:
Black Sabbath, Led Zeppilin, James Gang, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Deep Purple. Like the New U2, Green Day, Fozzy.
Have over 650 songs on my computer. :groovy:

Rebels_chick
02-05-2005, 11:54 AM
I listen to mostly country & Alternative. Punk is great too. I guess I listen to a bit of everything though.

Rooselk
03-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Blues. Love da blues.

Flathead
03-07-2005, 06:12 PM
My favorite band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Also like Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Blind Melon, Tool, NIN, Marilyn Manson. then I also like a lot of blues, Etta James, John Lee Hooker, BB King etc... There's also a young girl from Saskatoon that sings the blues, her name is Megan Lane and she's amazing

kelownakarl
03-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Anyone here an Elton John music fan?

Sput
03-08-2005, 01:11 AM
I grew up on country, from my dad, and 60's,70's rock, from having two older bros, and I am a child of the 80's. So all told I listen to,own, and pirate almost anything. Country, rock, blues (Stevie Ray Vaughn! :thumb: ), classic rock, classical, alternative, even a little bit of Newfie music. If it has a beat that is catchy I'll listen!

HAF
03-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Anyone here an Elton John music fan?

Yer kidding right?

Hitman
03-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Rock. Nothing but rock...

Well I guess I can't say nothing but rock, a little underground rap is cool from time to time.