PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 Season tix

tuffguy
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I see on the Raiders site that if you buy your season tickets early you can win prizes. One of them involves an exclusive meet and greet with Bruno Campese and the 2010-11 Raider team. Does this mean he has signed an extension. If he comes back that is the one reason I wouldn't be re-newing.

Our young players don't play enough and aren't developing like they could and should. The team was in a battle in Nov / Dec where they could be in the top 4 or 5 in the Conf. Based on our schedule and our record on the road we probably won't make the playoffs again. If this happens that would be three 9th or 10th finishes in a row. No improvement from a team perspective. Say want you want about our play at home, they are that bad on the road, and our bottom 3 dmen don't play and our 3rd line gets limited ice and 4th line doesn't play.

Raiders went from a young team last year to an old team this year. Bruno's recipe for developing a team and sticking to some sort of plan is something to be desired.

I really hope they find a way to win on the road. They need to go .500 in their remaining road games to get into the playoffs. Our top players are looking like they are more and more gassed all the time.

JMHO

Razz
02-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Hey raiderfan15. May i please repeat my self too? pretty please. Ok thanks. i seen the Raiders at the Medicine Hat this week and they were stinky brutal. Not brutal from lack of effort. Brutal from an unstructured game stand point in more ways than one. For one thing I see He flips on players and I bet that really helps with the psychological aspect.
Not once the whole game did they sustain any control in the attacking zone. Not Once! I feel sorry for you guys. Brutal!

WestLEAFfan
02-13-2010, 06:08 AM
You know folks, all your squabbling, bashing, and whining is adding nothing to these boards. Stop embarrassing yourselves and talk hockey.

Raider Believer
02-13-2010, 10:44 AM
You know folks, all your squabbling, bashing, and whining is adding nothing to these boards. Stop embarrassing yourselves and talk hockey.

I absolutely agree with you. Broken records with nothing positive to convey are not helpful. How many of the serial critics have ever managed or coached a WHL team.

SaskHockeyFan
02-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Raider Believer, I would have to guess that the answer to your question would be none of the posters here have coached or been GM of a WHL team whether they are positive posters or negative critics. If you want everyone here to be rah rah, as a new poster with 7 posts you've come to the wrong place. Any hockey forum I have ever seen is way more negative than positive, get used to it or go to the home decorating forums.
The Raiders are playing some of their best hockey right now that I have seen in a couple of years. Yes, Bruno has traded away a lot of youth to get there but he will have to deal with it next year or the year after if he is still in PA. His feet will be held to the fire eventually for all of his decisions. If the Raiders didn't make the playoffs this year Bruno would be out of a job plain and simple. Not hard to see which direction he would go.

WestLEAFfan
02-13-2010, 11:21 AM
I absolutely agree with you. However, broken records with nothing positive to convey are not helpful. How many of the serial critics have ever managed or coached a WHL team.

Nothing wrong with being critical, but the incessant bickering/whining is an indication of a general lack of knowledge, culture, and decency. Enough already.

SaskHockeyFan
02-13-2010, 11:26 AM
WestLeaf, unfortunately, a hockey message board has not turned out to be the place for knowledge, culture or decency. Maybe, as the internet progresses, a place like you speak of will come to exist.

WestLEAFfan
02-13-2010, 11:45 AM
WestLeaf, unfortunately, a hockey message board has not turned out to be the place for knowledge, culture or decency. Maybe, as the internet progresses, a place like you speak of will come to exist.

:haha::haha::haha:
good one!

tuffguy
02-13-2010, 01:28 PM
If my or certain people's posts bother you, don't read them. But you guys seem to get out your fine toothed comb for some posts.

Knowledge, culture or decency. Tell me what about any of the posts above lacked knowledge or decency. Culture, go to an opera or ballet message board.

All you ra ra team guys lack knowledge. You don't know enough to be critical, or are so blinded by your love for BC that you won't state the truth.

"Oh, great game by Zemlak again, or I love how Cameron, Revenko, and Harrison play til they can barely breath" That is the kind of crap posted on here all the time. I like those players. No question they are the go to guys. But they should be rested for their regular shift and PP time. Should only PK in last few minutes of a game. I think anyone with a critical observation within reason who articulates it well is allot more relevant than incessant and mindless cheering. Sometimes I wonder if you guys even know what or who you are cheering for. You are hockey knowledgable like fans from the southern states. The jumbotron says cheer, so you cheer.

When getting blown out in the Hat, why in the third period did Zemlak not get rested? Why did the 4th line play 2 shifts. Why did Mark McNeill have only 8-10 shifts all game?

And I agree with Razz. The Raiders didn't establish pressure or good puck control in the off zone all night. Looked like 60 minutes of PK. To give them credit, they played a much better bounce back game with Calgary, and could have squeaked out a win with some bounces. Red Deer is playing very tough hockey as of late. They will have to play their best game of the trip tonight. If they are not organized and prepared mentally, their physical fatigue will let them down.

I've said it before and will say it again to WestLeafs chagrin, the fatigue is setting in on our top 2 lines and top 3 dmen. The rest of the team will have trouble if given opportunity at this point. They don't have the confidence to take on more reponsibility, and haven't made their mistakes in key situations earlier in the year because they don't get those opportunities. SO the coach is screwed. His top guys are physically tired and will make the mental mistakes that go with that, and the mid and lower tiered players aren't in a position to do more. So we will see top guys 30 minutes a night from here on out, and may miss the playoffs because of it.

Please tell me what about this post isn't relevant, and I will try and be better. But I won't post the ra ra team crap.

Good luck in Red Deer boys.

Dwight Schrute
02-13-2010, 02:25 PM
If my or certain people's posts bother you, don't read them. But you guys seem to get out your fine toothed comb for some posts.

Knowledge, culture or decency. Tell me what about any of the posts above lacked knowledge or decency. Culture, go to an opera or ballet message board.

All you ra ra team guys lack knowledge. You don't know enough to be critical, or are so blinded by your love for BC that you won't state the truth.

"Oh, great game by Zemlak again, or I love how Cameron, Revenko, and Harrison play til they can barely breath" That is the kind of crap posted on here all the time. I like those players. No question they are the go to guys. But they should be rested for their regular shift and PP time. Should only PK in last few minutes of a game. I think anyone with a critical observation within reason who articulates it well is allot more relevant than incessant and mindless cheering. Sometimes I wonder if you guys even know what or who you are cheering for. You are hockey knowledgable like fans from the southern states. The jumbotron says cheer, so you cheer.

When getting blown out in the Hat, why in the third period did Zemlak not get rested? Why did the 4th line play 2 shifts. Why did Mark McNeill have only 8-10 shifts all game?

And I agree with Razz. The Raiders didn't establish pressure or good puck control in the off zone all night. Looked like 60 minutes of PK. To give them credit, they played a much better bounce back game with Calgary, and could have squeaked out a win with some bounces. Red Deer is playing very tough hockey as of late. They will have to play their best game of the trip tonight. If they are not organized and prepared mentally, their physical fatigue will let them down.

I've said it before and will say it again to WestLeafs chagrin, the fatigue is setting in on our top 2 lines and top 3 dmen. The rest of the team will have trouble if given opportunity at this point. They don't have the confidence to take on more reponsibility, and haven't made their mistakes in key situations earlier in the year because they don't get those opportunities. SO the coach is screwed. His top guys are physically tired and will make the mental mistakes that go with that, and the mid and lower tiered players aren't in a position to do more. So we will see top guys 30 minutes a night from here on out, and may miss the playoffs because of it.

Please tell me what about this post isn't relevant, and I will try and be better. But I won't post the ra ra team crap.

Good luck in Red Deer boys.

you have some solid points that i agree with. i also figure bruno is being given enough rope to hang himself with. if thats what he does then so be it. i dont think there is one person on this board who can disagree that zemlak should be rested in the 3rd or even the 2nd after it was 4-0. in my opinion those are the games to give the kids the time.

Arthur Fonzerelli
02-13-2010, 03:35 PM
I watched the game and thought that Campese would be pulling Zemlak at 4 as well, but Bruno knows him better than we do and maybe Zemlak doesn't handle being pulled very well and would rather work his way through it. And he wasn't playing awful.

westbeach55
02-13-2010, 04:35 PM
how do you know what kind of physical condition the players are in or are feeling unless you are tied to the team, are you the trainer???? maybe mcneil was sick or injured as to explain why he only had limited shifts its all speculation. the raiders are going to be fine next year look around the league and see what other teams will be losing if your all worried about age. are you former players pissed off at the team just seems like you have a little more against the raiders than someone normally would.

tuffguy
02-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Good point Dwight. bruno is being given enough rope to hang himself. And rightfully so. The board is keeping its nose out by the looks of it. But from what I understand as long as the GM is trying to make the playoffs they stay out of his way cause that is all that matters to them. They should have traded Chip, Byers, Seitsonen and Schafer the year after Conf final. Last year they should have traded the 20's away. Could you imagine how much better the team would have been if they had done either of those things or both? They missed the playoffs both of those years.

So, ya Bruno should be able to sink or swim on his terms to a large degree.

As long as we aren't givin up 1st and 2nd round picks past or future unless necessary. I have a problem with Aasman gone (after next year we will REALLY miss him) , and the 2nd for Tucker. Don't give up those picks or players unless you got a chance to do some serious winning. I've beaten that drum before, and don't want to get people mad at me re-hashing it.

IF Bruno doesn't come back, I hope the Raiders take a page out of Lethbridges playbook and hire a veteran coach like Rich Preston.

westbeach55
02-13-2010, 04:41 PM
ruopp, harrison and mcneil on canada's radar so were not developing ?????

haha renewing your tickets probably don't even have any. why would you go if you hate bruno so much and the team is so bad

I see on the Raiders site that if you buy your season tickets early you can win prizes. One of them involves an exclusive meet and greet with Bruno Campese and the 2010-11 Raider team. Does this mean he has signed an extension. If he comes back that is the one reason I wouldn't be re-newing.

Our young players don't play enough and aren't developing like they could and should. The team was in a battle in Nov / Dec where they could be in the top 4 or 5 in the Conf. Based on our schedule and our record on the road we probably won't make the playoffs again. If this happens that would be three 9th or 10th finishes in a row. No improvement from a team perspective. Say want you want about our play at home, they are that bad on the road, and our bottom 3 dmen don't play and our 3rd line gets limited ice and 4th line doesn't play.

Raiders went from a young team last year to an old team this year. Bruno's recipe for developing a team and sticking to some sort of plan is something to be desired.

I really hope they find a way to win on the road. They need to go .500 in their remaining road games to get into the playoffs. Our top players are looking like they are more and more gassed all the time.

JMHO

westbeach55
02-13-2010, 04:46 PM
clark was gm when chipchura, byers, seitisonen should have been traded. wow assman is an all star in seattle. you bring him up in most of your posts do you have personals ties to him. we missed the playoffs by one point last year could have went either way

Good point Dwight. bruno is being given enough rope to hang himself. And rightfully so. The board is keeping its nose out by the looks of it. But from what I understand as long as the GM is trying to make the playoffs they stay out of his way cause that is all that matters to them. They should have traded Chip, Byers, Seitsonen and Schafer the year after Conf final. Last year they should have traded the 20's away. Could you imagine how much better the team would have been if they had done either of those things or both? They missed the playoffs both of those years.

So, ya Bruno should be able to sink or swim on his terms to a large degree.

As long as we aren't givin up 1st and 2nd round picks past or future unless necessary. I have a problem with Aasman gone (after next year we will REALLY miss him) , and the 2nd for Tucker. Don't give up those picks or players unless you got a chance to do some serious winning. I've beaten that drum before, and don't want to get people mad at me re-hashing it.

IF Bruno doesn't come back, I hope the Raiders take a page out of Lethbridges playbook and hire a veteran coach like Rich Preston.

tuffguy
02-13-2010, 04:50 PM
how do you know what kind of physical condition the players are in or are feeling unless you are tied to the team, are you the trainer???? maybe mcneil was sick or injured as to explain why he only had limited shifts its all speculation. the raiders are going to be fine next year look around the league and see what other teams will be losing if your all worried about age. are you former players pissed off at the team just seems like you have a little more against the raiders than someone normally would.

Why so defensive Westbeach? McNeill must be sick all year the way he has been handled if we look at things like you do. You have these convenient arguements all the time, like we have to be in the dressing room to know. I'm just going by what I have seen more often than not for the last three years.

Next years team will be ok. Its after that, when that large group of 1991 born players aregone. He has traded too many 92 and 93 born players to rely on those groups in a big way. Those groups could have been real good. Frank is gone, Aasman is gone, Aschim is gone, Edwards get left hanging to bring in Flette. Persley is gone. Those age groups may still be ok, but if they kept "and developed" the kids I just mentioned they could have been a potentially dominant group. In early Nov I probably would have agreed with those kids getting moved to make the team better. The team was in 4/5th place and playing ok. Those guys were traded traded for just ok depth players after the team started to tank a bit in a vain attempt to slip into the playoffs. Wrong decision for all the wrong reasons.

Like Dwight said, he is being given enough rope to...........

tuffguy
02-13-2010, 05:12 PM
clark was gm when chipchura, byers, seitisonen should have been traded. wow assman is an all star in seattle. you bring him up in most of your posts do you have personals ties to him. we missed the playoffs by one point last year could have went either way

Why are you saying "we missed the playoffs". Are you on or affiliated with the team. (Sorry that was Raider fan15 that jumped on me for making it sound like I was part of the teamwhen I say Our or We in a post when refering to the Raiders)

Westbeach, maybe you will like my posts if I start posting like you do.

Here I go:

Why can't you see things for what they are. You must be personally connected to Bruno because you defend him so much. He treated Aasman good. We missed the playoffs by 1 point last year so that was a good try by Bruno. And if we miss the playoffs this year again I know its because Bruno tried his hardest.

Dwight Schrute
02-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Like Dwight said, he is being given enough rope to...........

then let him. pissing everyone here off isnt gonna help
i dont agree withyour volume of posts on the topic. you have made your point, so move on

Pond Hockey
02-13-2010, 07:55 PM
If you had been to the last 2 home games you should have noticed the 3rd line was getting plenty of ice time and they deserved it, but then McNeil started making dump plays putting his stick in between his legs and making bad pass, i was not surprised to see his ice time taken away in the Hat. I don't see how some of you figure we over play our top line have you ever watched other WHL teams. We need to develop our younger players not overwhelm by playing them 20mins a game.

Aasman never really impressed me in PA, and I hope everything goes good for him in Seattle.

Bruno made the right choice having Edwards play Junior B in BC, he will be better off for it. Edwards would have only got 13 games in so far this season the way Zemlak has played.

I don't think that the raiders have given up to much of their age, we still have McNeil Herrod, Harrison, Ruop, Hrynyk, Button plus all new guys coming up next year like Winther and Balson.

Bringing in McCallum has to have been one of the best trades of the year by any team.

Razz
02-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Why are you saying "we missed the playoffs". Are you on or affiliated with the team. (Sorry that was Raider fan15 that jumped on me for making it sound like I was part of the teamwhen I say Our or We in a post when refering to the Raiders)

Westbeach, maybe you will like my posts if I start posting like you do.

Here I go:

Why can't you see things for what they are. You must be personally connected to Bruno because you defend him so much. He treated Aasman good. We missed the playoffs by 1 point last year so that was a good try by Bruno. And if we miss the playoffs this year again I know its because Bruno tried his hardest.

He treated Aasman good! Where the hell did ya hear this? I spoke with someone on the team and this person said straight to my face. Quote " Campese treated Aasman like a piece of ****". What else have you heard? What a class act he is and you guys call that a coach. If that was my kid i'd punch his F#$%in lights out. What a disgrace.

tuffguy
02-13-2010, 11:29 PM
uhhhhhhh. Razz, read the post. I was pretending to post like Westbeach always does. Everything so up and up. I was being facetious. Bruno treating Aasman fairly or good was the last thing that I thought. In fact I heard allot of what you heard. Kid was treated poorly on and off the ice.

Razz
02-13-2010, 11:34 PM
uhhhhhhh. Razz, read the post. I was pretending to post like Westbeach always does. Everything so up and up. I was being facetious. Bruno treating Aasman fairly or good was the last thing that I thought. In fact I heard allot of what you heard. Kid was treated poorly on and off the ice.

Sorry ya had me goin, haha. But isn't/wasn't it a sad situation. How the hell can someone do that to a teenager. I've met Ryan a few times and he's an outstanding young man. I wish him well and anyone else that has to put up with that crap. Especially from a coach/gm (if ya can call him that).

WestLEAFfan
02-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Tough 3 game road trip for the Raiders. They now find themselves sitting in 9th place in the conference. With the remaining schedule, can the team claw their way back in? 13 games left, 6 at home, 7 on the road. Thoughts anyone?

Raider Believer
02-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Tough 3 game road trip for the Raiders. They now find themselves sitting in 9th place in the conference. With the remaining schedule, can the team claw their way back in? 13 games left, 6 at home, 7 on the road. Thoughts anyone?

:o Its gonna be tight! We havenīt exactly been stellar on the road. Iīm somewhat in agreement with those who think that Bruno has to make the playoffs to survive beyond this season, which puts him and the team at cross purposes. Either way, next season will be a rebuilding season. Yikes! If you look at the roster, I can see a minimum of 5 forwards gone and possibly as many as 6 or 7! I donīt see Bruno, or whoever the new coach is, keeping the under achieving 91s on the roster. And our d will probably need the experience of two 20 year olds. Either way, the team will be significantly younger next year, unless Bruno trades away our youngsters for journeyman players (and we have enough of those) in order to try and squeak into the playoffs again. I say again because, as I said earlier, if he doesnīt make it this year I doubt he will have the opportunity of trading anyone. ;)

Raider Believer
02-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Next years team will be ok. Its after that, when that large group of 1991 born players aregone. He has traded too many 92 and 93 born players to rely on those groups in a big way. Those groups could have been real good. Frank is gone, Aasman is gone, Aschim is gone, Edwards get left hanging to bring in Flette. Persley is gone. Those age groups may still be ok, but if they kept "and developed" the kids I just mentioned they could have been a potentially dominant group.

:confused: Not sure that the 91 group has the tools or talent to carry the team next season. My guess is that there will be wholesale changes on the forward lines next year. We could be a lot younger if Bruno brings in the youngsters to carry a big portion of the load. I wish the team still had Aasman, we didnīt get nearly enough for him. Flette might be another move Bruno would like to do over, maybe Williams or Edwards could have been developed instead, however Tucker is a great pick up and a goodie IMO. Aschim wanted out and moaned loud enough to make it happen, Iīm guessing heīd have been a 3īrd or 4th liner next year and that probably doesnīt cut it. Persley wasnīt reporting and was never a bonafide blue chipper at the WHL level. :cool:

WestLEAFfan
02-14-2010, 12:09 PM
I am completely at a loss for words to describe the teams difference of play between home and away. How can they basically dominate at home and muster so little offense on the road? Is line matching that crucial? It certainly isn't the crowds at the AHC making the difference. Same players, same coaching staff, but 2 different teams. Very confusing/frustrating. It'll be a race to the finish for sure.

nthestands
02-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Sorry ya had me goin, haha. But isn't/wasn't it a sad situation. How the hell can someone do that to a teenager. I've met Ryan a few times and he's an outstanding young man. I wish him well and anyone else that has to put up with that crap. Especially from a coach/gm (if ya can call him that).

Ryan, is that you? Hows the weather down there!

Wildeyes
02-14-2010, 03:12 PM
dotan ?

tuffguy
02-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Tendler?

tuffguy
02-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Martin?

tuffguy
02-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Aschim?

tuffguy
02-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Penner?

tuffguy
02-14-2010, 05:49 PM
too many to bother with. I think you get the point

nthestands
02-14-2010, 07:01 PM
And just to think of where we would be in the standings if they were all still playing in P.A., All playing on the first line, getting 30 minutes a night, playing in key situations and getting " developed". The kids got bombed out in The Hat, Its hockey and it happens to every team. The team hasn't had success on the road this season but have been incredible at home all season long. My season tickets only had home games on them so if they were going to win anywhere, I',m glad it was at home in front of their own paying fans. If I was as Frustrated as some of you guys, I would probably quit going to games and follow another team, Or maybe even take up curling!