PDA

View Full Version : BIG Weekend

trucker
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Hopefully the boys can pull out some regulation W's this weekend! With Claffey set to return (hopefully tonight) should bolster our young defensive line-up. We won't be able to win unless we get some more solid goaltending, and some much needed offense! Wheaties are a good team and tough to beet in their barn, but I'm sure we can do it...two wins this weekend is a must! Good luck Broncos, make us proud!:clap:

Toswammi
02-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Funny you should mention bolstering our defensive lineup. I listened to a bit of the third to find out that both Evans and Scarlett left the game and Evans for sure wasn't coming back. They were using Stickland as a defenseman.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
02-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Broncos only dressed 5 defensemen tonight. Rogers was out and Luhning a healty scratch. Evans got hurt in the 1st and didn't come back. Scarlett was out to get stitched up after being elbowed by Glennie. Verdino jumped in and fought Glennie and spent 17 minutes in the box. That left the Broncos with Claffey and Bobbee and Craig on defense. I don't think Craig played more than 2 or 3 shifts all game. Hence, Stickland moved to defense.

Toswammi
02-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Broncos only dressed 5 defensemen tonight. Rogers was out and Luhning a healty scratch. Evans got hurt in the 1st and didn't come back. Scarlett was out to get stitched up after being elbowed by Glennie. Verdino jumped in and fought Glennie and spent 17 minutes in the box. That left the Broncos with Claffey and Bobbee and Craig on defense. I don't think Craig played more than 2 or 3 shifts all game. Hence, Stickland moved to defense.

Thanks, like i said i wasn't paying to much attention (watching the opening ceremonies)

Boltz9
02-13-2010, 02:51 AM

I don't remember Verdino getting 17 minutes in penalties. I thought the penalties were... Glennie - 5 for elbowing, 5 for fighting, and a game misconduct... Verdino - 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting. Maybe I missed a 10 minute misconduct. I actually think Verdino didn't deserve the 2 for instigating as well, looked like he went over to Glennie after the hit and they both dropped them, it wasn't like Verdino grabbed him or anything.

sbtatter
02-13-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't remember Verdino getting 17 minutes in penalties. I thought the penalties were... Glennie - 5 for elbowing, 5 for fighting, and a game misconduct... Verdino - 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting. Maybe I missed a 10 minute misconduct. I actually think Verdino didn't deserve the 2 for instigating as well, looked like he went over to Glennie after the hit and they both dropped them, it wasn't like Verdino grabbed him or anything.

Verdino called him to fight as he came over from the front of the net, for sure warranting an instigator penalty

d-man
02-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Anybody know why Luhning was a healthy scratch? Dressing only five defence when he's healthy doesn't make sense. Even if he rides the bench all night at least he's available. I thought he played well at the start of the year. I understand when everyone is healthy its a numbers game but if you want to develop the young talent they have to play when the opportunity is there.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
02-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Not sure why they wouldn't dress Luhning, however what would be the point,considering Craig was dressed and only played 2 or 3 shifts. It seems Lamb doesn't have as much confidence in his young defencemen as he did at the start of the season.

dodywood4ever
02-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Hope Glennie gets a few games for that. Completely needless. But we know that the Glennies of the world have a different rule book than the average players.

sbtatter
02-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Hope Glennie gets a few games for that. Completely needless. But we know that the Glennies of the world have a different rule book than the average players.

He didn't even try to hit him in the head, going for the puck and Scarlett (who looks like a really good player) had his head down lower and Glennie hit him, more from the side than really from behind. Glennie is not the sort of player to go head hunting, he's faced enough guys who've given him concussions to know better. Nothing intentional at all there.
Swifty didn't play with much emotion last night, pretty tame team, God only knows how the Blades must intimidate them

dodywood4ever
02-13-2010, 04:08 PM
He didn't even try to hit him in the head, going for the puck and Scarlett (who looks like a really good player) had his head down lower and Glennie hit him, more from the side than really from behind. Glennie is not the sort of player to go head hunting, he's faced enough guys who've given him concussions to know better. Nothing intentional at all there.
Swifty didn't play with much emotion last night, pretty tame team, God only knows how the Blades must intimidate them

Ya the Blades intimidate Swifty. Swifty is prob the softest team in the dub. No hiding that. Ive been to plenty of Blades vs Brandon games this year tho and there was alot to Wheaties pretending not to hear the challenges being thrown their way. Blades intimidate every team in the league.

dodywood4ever
02-13-2010, 04:51 PM
And theres the bail. As for Dody what actual incidents make you see him as an ******? His rookie year in the dub he had a point per game with 270 PIMS. He was also regarded as the p4p toughest guy in the league. You wouldnt take that om your team? He also had some great seasons with the Kansas City Blades. One season with 40 some points and over 300 PIMS. The guy was a warrior. Why the hate? He beat you up somewhere?

booboo
02-13-2010, 06:19 PM
No problem with him. I just remember him being a goon in the days when there were many of them. I would have liked him on my team as I remember him roughing up many of Brandon's players. He was fearless but lacked overall talent.:groovy:

sbtatter
02-14-2010, 12:01 AM
And theres the bail. As for Dody what actual incidents make you see him as an *******? His rookie year in the dub he had a point per game with 270 PIMS. He was also regarded as the p4p toughest guy in the league. You wouldnt take that om your team? He also had some great seasons with the Kansas City Blades. One season with 40 some points and over 300 PIMS. The guy was a warrior. Why the hate? He beat you up somewhere?

Is there a deleted post somewhere, because what you posted here doesn't seem to relate to previous posts?

eighty
02-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Good game tonight. Wish they would play the fourth line more though. Especially when we're up 4-1 and with two minutes left Lamb sends out the Eakin line again.

tigsfan0809
02-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Eakin and Lowry were excellent for the Broncos tonight.......I wish the Tigers woulda showed up at least.

sbtatter
02-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Eakin and Lowry were excellent for the Broncos tonight.......I wish the Tigers woulda showed up at least.

Lowry is a good rookie hey?

Toswammi
02-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Good game tonight. Wish they would play the fourth line more though. Especially when we're up 4-1 and with two minutes left Lamb sends out the Eakin line again.

It would be nice if just for precautions they send them out. On the same note i think i lost a small bet. I placed Luhnings over/under for shifts yesterday at 4.5. I think i counted 5 shifts for him :p

Toswammi
02-14-2010, 09:41 AM

Yeah, the Tigers didn't seem to have it yesterday.

dodywood4ever
02-14-2010, 12:40 PM
No problem with him. I just remember him being a goon in the days when there were many of them. I would have liked him on my team as I remember him roughing up many of Brandon's players. He was fearless but lacked overall talent.:groovy:

Fair enough. i remember his second game as a bronco at the end of warmups he stood at center ice and shot pucks at the Pats as they skated off. Not one of them even looked his way. Knew he was gonna be my fav after that.

sbtatter
02-14-2010, 12:40 PM
I think Friesen is your best tender, what's the SC fans consenus?

Toswammi
02-14-2010, 01:00 PM
I think Friesen is your best tender, what's the SC fans consenus?

Both are playing good right now. I don't care who is better as long as one of them can stop the puck.

tigsfan0809
02-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Clark played very well for the Broncos last night......If Swift can get into the playoffs, they could make life hard for whoever they face.

sbtatter
02-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Clark played very well for the Broncos last night......If Swift can get into the playoffs, they could make life hard for whoever they face.
I still think regina could be the most dangerous low seed if they made the playoffs.........

eighty
02-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Just from seeing Clack at home as of late I'm going with him. He's just been solid and it's good to see!

sbtatter
02-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Just from seeing Clack at home as of late I'm going with him. He's just been solid and it's good to see!

A lot of people were really down on Clark at the start of the year, good for him sticking at it!

ointhecreek
02-14-2010, 06:59 PM
A lot of people were really down on Clark at the start of the year, good for him sticking at it!

He deserved it at the start of year. Never started playing decent hockey until we traded for Friesen. Just needed the competition. Have to give him props now, playing very well.