PDA

View Full Version : Blades 1st Round Playoff possible opponents

BladesFan_2010
02-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I was taking a look at the standings just now, and there are 4 teams fighting for the last 3 playoff spots. They are MJ, SC, Regina & P.A. All separated by 5 points. Of these teams, I think we'd have the best chance (easiest?) with Moose Jaw. The other 3 could pose problems like Lethbridge did against us last year. Swift has loads of scoring, Regina has Eberle, Tuebert and Ashton, and P.A. has Zemlak who is playing out of this world right now.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.....

dagley
02-15-2010, 01:33 AM
All I gotta say is enjoy that 3rd seed :)

lordstanley
02-15-2010, 10:18 AM
All i got to say is your more than welcomes to our home opener next season where we will raise another east div pennet

reims
02-15-2010, 10:21 AM

haha...funniest post yet

dagley
02-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Thats dandy, you're more than welcome to ours where we will raise the Conference, League and Memorial Cup banners.

lordstanley
02-15-2010, 11:02 AM
It's ok im sure the people of brandon are nice enough to throw a party for the thrid seed and a last place finnish in the mem cup just the kinda people you are :clap:

reims
02-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Thats dandy, you're more than welcome to ours where we will raise the Conference, League and Memorial Cup banners.
this is even funnier!

lordstanley
02-15-2010, 01:15 PM
this is even funnier!
But it's not so funny when he wakes up from that fairy tail dream i had a dream i was a millionaire but then woke up

Jaybird
02-16-2010, 12:17 PM

Hmmm.....
"It is better to speak not and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

BladesFan_2010
02-18-2010, 05:00 AM
I posted this one to get feedback, not to have you two engage in a verbal joust with one another.

sbtatter
02-18-2010, 07:35 AM
I was taking a look at the standings just now, and there are 4 teams fighting for the last 3 playoff spots. They are MJ, SC, Regina & P.A. All separated by 5 points. Of these teams, I think we'd have the best chance (easiest?) with Moose Jaw. The other 3 could pose problems like Lethbridge did against us last year. Swift has loads of scoring, Regina has Eberle, Tuebert and Ashton, and P.A. has Zemlak who is playing out of this world right now.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.....

What's your season record against each of MJ, SC, Regina & P.A?

lordstanley
02-18-2010, 09:42 AM
What's your season record against each of MJ, SC, Regina & P.A?
vs MJ were 4-0 vs SC were 6-1-1 vs REG were 4-0-2 vs P.A were 2-2-1

for a combined record of 16-3-4

sbtatter
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM
vs MJ were 4-0 vs SC were 6-1-1 vs REG were 4-0-2 vs P.A were 2-2-1

for a combined record of 16-3-4

So MJ and Swifty are likely your preferred opponent....

lordstanley
02-18-2010, 05:26 PM
So MJ and Swifty are likely your preferred opponent....

Specially Swifty they don't know where they would play there home games

trucker
02-20-2010, 03:40 PM
The Broncos will skate circles around you in Lethbridge Stanley! I hope you and your homers take a pounding tonight!! Go Brandon!!!!!

sbtatter
02-20-2010, 03:42 PM
The Broncos will skate circles around you in Lethbridge Stanley! I hope you and your homers take a pounding tonight!! Go Brandon!!!!!

Hey have you guys for sure figured out you'll play 1st round home games in lethbridge? Regina is an option I guess. Regina or Lethbridge would be better than playing all the games in your opponents rink.

reims
02-20-2010, 03:52 PM
why cant swift have any home games??

trucker
02-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Swift Current is hosting the womens world curling championship during first round of the playoffs. Therefore we are expecting to play in a W.H.L. city that did not make Playoffs. Nothing is set in stone yet, but Lethbridge looks like the favourite spot, or so is the word around this city. Regina would not be a favoured spot, the city, their fans, their broadcaster and arena all REEK of Agribition! We would like our players to stay safe when they sleep at night , something Regina can't offer us!:groovy:

reims
02-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Swift Current is hosting the womens world curling championship during first round of the playoffs. Therefore we are expecting to play in a W.H.L. city that did not make Playoffs. Nothing is set in stone yet, but Lethbridge looks like the favourite spot, or so is the word around this city. Regina would not be a favoured spot, the city, their fans, their broadcaster and arena all REEK of Agribition! We would like our players to stay safe when they sleep at night , something Regina can't offer us!:groovy:

lol...enuff said:D

sbtatter
02-20-2010, 04:03 PM
what is it, 90 minutes to lethbridge from Swift? Would you get any of the ticket revenue?

reims
02-20-2010, 04:07 PM
what is it, 90 minutes to lethbridge from Swift? Would you get any of the ticket revenue?

they should....they would be renting the building....should get most of ticket sales if not all

dagley
02-20-2010, 04:09 PM
I persume that if you buy playoff tickets they should bus you guys there?

trucker
02-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Who knows!! People around here are choked this is happening! There are still alot of details to work out. Lethbridge is about 3 and a half hours drive, a long way for us fans to commute, but would be favoured over Regina imo!

reims
02-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Who knows!! People around here are choked this is happening! There are still alot of details to work out. Lethbridge is about 3 and a half hours drive, a long way for us fans to commute, but would be favoured over Regina imo!

i would be choked too...

lordstanley
02-20-2010, 04:36 PM

You sure showed that your team can skate circles around the Blades maybe thats why were 6-2 vs you guys this season lol

Boltz9
02-20-2010, 05:05 PM

Best post in a while. I've never seen such an unprofessional and biased broadcaster.

trucker
02-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, yeah. Yes your team is big, and you have four solid lines, I know. Our problem is consistency and a lack of toughness, but that is what we have this year. I'm sure our new head coach knows this and that is why we have some big skilled kids getting ready to make the jump next year. But it is what it is and we will be in tough with whoever we play in the post season, that is if we make it there.

trucker
02-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Best post in a while. I've never seen such an unprofessional and biased broadcaster.

Yep, and arrogent too! He is the worst in the entire league and when you can't believe what he is telling the listeners that is grounds for dismissal! I can't stand Rod Pedersen!!

eighty
02-21-2010, 04:15 PM
I wonder if it is possible to play in Moose Jaw if by chance they don't make playoffs? Would be better than lethbridge...

This seriously rattles me. I know the curling is good for the Iplex but there is a good chance I won't be able to see one playoff game.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
02-21-2010, 09:55 PM
If they continue to play like they have the past 2 games there won't be any playoffs to watch.

reims
03-06-2010, 02:10 PM
If they continue to play like they have the past 2 games there won't be any playoffs to watch.

they are definitely not outta the woods yet by any means...a huge game in pa on wedsday...interesting to see if they get a good crowd in pa

wango tango
03-08-2010, 01:16 PM
after this weekend looks like the blades will play either medicine hat, kootenay, or red deer. right now it would be the rebels, but the ice and rebels have games in hand on the tigers. my guess is it will be the tigers or rebels.

almost playoff time!

lordstanley
03-08-2010, 02:34 PM
after this weekend looks like the blades will play either medicine hat, kootenay, or red deer. right now it would be the rebels, but the ice and rebels have games in hand on the tigers. my guess is it will be the tigers or rebels.

almost playoff time!

Records against those 3 teams in the reg season are........

vs KTN
1-3-0

16-23

vs RD
3-1-0

19-12

vs MH
3-0-1

16-9

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I just read the part in the Gogol suspension where it says the Blades have 6 1st round playoff opponent posibilites. As to my research I can only thing of 5: Red Deer,Kootenay,Swift Current,Medicine Hat,Moose Jaw.

I guess Prince Albert is still in the running.... My mistake!!!!!!!!

lordstanley
03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
I just read the part in the Gogol suspension where it says the Blades have 6 1st round playoff opponent posibilites. As to my research I can only thing of 5: Red Deer,Kootenay,Swift Current,Medicine Hat,Moose Jaw.

I guess Prince Albert is still in the running.... My mistake!!!!!!!!

So the Blades won there game in hand on the Wheaties tonight so were gonna need to win the last 3 and hope Brandon can lose 1 of 3 against Moose Jaw or Regina twice
that game we lost against Brandon last Wednesday really did us in had we won that game were 3 points up on them oh well what can ya do
we will most likely get 47 wins or so and if thats not enough for first place it's ok with me it has been a very great reg season.

wango tango
03-11-2010, 12:49 PM
based on last nights finals it looks like it will be blades rebels in the first round.

saskatoon will have to pay extra special attention to:

nugent-hopkins. a leading contender for rookie of the year this season.
coetzee. scores at over a point a game.
kudrna. deadly on the power play. playoff experience with vancouver.
ferraro. healthy now after an injury plagued season?
petrovic. a tower of power on defense for red deer.

x-factor: hometown boy, goaltender kuemper.

red deer is a fast team. they need to get their forecheck going. the rebels have a better power play. the blades and rebels penalty kill is even.

lordstanley
03-11-2010, 01:16 PM
based on last nights finals it looks like it will be blades rebels in the first round.

x-factor: hometown boy, goaltender kuemper.

red deer is a fast team. they need to get their forecheck going. the rebels have a better power play. the blades and rebels penalty kill is even.

I say the Blades will win in 6 without Hamilton and Niemi and the Blades will win in 5 if they have hamilton and Niemi

rebel
03-11-2010, 11:32 PM
looking forward to great series it should be a fun one. who should red deer be watching out for. also is any one making the trip down here

lordstanley
03-11-2010, 11:44 PM
looking forward to great series it should be a fun one. who should red deer be watching out for. also is any one making the trip down here

Hulak for sure he had 10 points in 4 games against you guys this season and i would say Elliott he is very crafty not afraid to go 1 on 1 with any foward and deke him out another thing watch out for the new line put together THE BIG HORSE LINE of McNaught Toomey and Dziurzynski very big can skate agitate and drop the gloves with anyone

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-11-2010, 11:47 PM

I am making the trip down as long as the games are on the 23rd and 24th cause those are the days I have off.

I would love to meet the posters from Red Deer!!!!!

Finally I am able to see a game in Red Deer!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel~66
03-12-2010, 11:54 AM

Add Nathan Green to that list. He will be raring to go after missing a huge chunk of the season to injury. He is going to add a lot to the Rebels top six.

Allin44
03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Add Nathan Green to that list. He will be raring to go after missing a huge chunk of the season to injury. He is going to add a lot to the Rebels top six.

Yup, I always felt bad for Green in Brandon. Always playing 3rd or 4th line when he had the tools and the box to be a top 3 or 6 players on most teams.

wango tango
03-12-2010, 01:10 PM

wasn't sure on green's injury status. as a 20 he has to be excited to get back in the lineup, and to finish his whl career with the playoffs.

wango tango
03-12-2010, 01:23 PM

rebels will have to pay special attention to:

hulak. blades captain and leading scorer. rebel killer this season.
viedensky. been better than a point a game since the trade deadline.
elliott. excellent defenseman. can dictate play.
patterson. great speed. solid penalty killer.

x-factor: health. niemi will probably be back in time for game one. hamilton and zahn are big question marks. if somehow they were to be back in time for round one it would be a huge boost.

dagley
03-13-2010, 12:03 PM

haha...funniest post yet

Checkmate.

lordstanley
03-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Checkmate.

Congrats on first place our 100 point season wasn't enough in the end nothing to sneez at thats for sure

sbtatter
03-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Congrats on first place our 100 point season wasn't enough in the end nothing to sneez at thats for sure

Rest of the conference must be getting sick of the Hitmen, Blades and Wheatie domination lately!!!!!!

brandonboy
03-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Rest of the conference must be getting sick of the Hitmen, Blades and Wheatie domination lately!!!!!!

Kinda on that topic. Where does everyone think the Hitmen would of ended up if they where in the east div. with Brandon and Saskatoon? Ill bet it wouldn't have been at the top!