PDA

View Full Version : Game 57-Raiders 1 at Hitmen 3

Hitmen1
02-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I missed the game on Friday night as I went to the Rebels game with my son. Based on everything I have read, the Raiders played a very good road game on Friday vs the Hitmen but couldn't manage more than a goal on Marty Jones. Both coach Williamson and Brandon Kozun were not impressed with the Hitmen's effort on Friday.

Although the Hitmen skated to their seventh straight victory, Head Coach Mike Williamson said turnovers could have cost his squad the game.

“We want to be positive when you win a hockey game, but I thought we were very sloppy tonight,” Williamson said. “We’ve played pretty well the last few weeks. Our game has gotten to a good point. I think we dodged a bullet tonight with getting away with the way we played. We just have to make sure we … enjoy the win and the fact we got two points, but realize that we’ve got to be a lot better.”

Kozun agreed with his coach’s assessment.

“It was one of the worst games we’ve played in a while,” he said. “Good teams find a way to win and it’s a big two points. At the end of the day we’ve got to limit those turnovers that got us in trouble. When we play a team like Brandon or Saskatoon that has the depth to put that in our faces, it’s going to hurt us.”

You can read a full recap right here (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/index.asp?newsID=498).

1. CAL Kozun, (28) (Fisenko), 1:25
3. P.A Cameron, (27) (Deck, Maylan), 2:28
3. CAL Fiddler, (24) (Fisenko, MacKenzie), 4:35
3. CAL Fiddler, (25) (Stone, Schultz), 15:02 (PP)