PDA

View Full Version : Blades to Move?

Allin44
02-16-2010, 12:33 PM
OK, here’s the rumour: Wealthy David Thomson of Toronto, the man who most of the shares of the MTS Centre and True North Sports and Entertainment in Winnipeg, has purchased the Atlanta Thrashers of the National Hockey League and will move them to Winnipeg for the 2010-11 season. The Moose will move to Saskatoon. The announcement will be made right after the Olympics. Believe whatever it is you want to believe.

http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/scott-taylor/2010/02/12/the-reports-for-friday-february-12-2010-vancouver-olympic-opening-ceremonies-tonight/

Doesn't mention the Blades moving, but it has apparently been reported on Winnipeg radio that the Blades would wind up in Winnipeg if this move happened..

wango tango
02-16-2010, 01:36 PM
first consider the blogger. scott taylor.

second don't hold your breath on the moose to saskatoon, blades to winnipeg imminent announcement. it would be bad for your health.

Toswammi
02-16-2010, 01:43 PM
http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/scott-taylor/2010/02/12/the-reports-for-friday-february-12-2010-vancouver-olympic-opening-ceremonies-tonight/

Doesn't mention the Blades moving, but it has apparently been reported on Winnipeg radio that the Blades would wind up in Winnipeg if this move happened..

Can't say this is new news. Every rumor of Winnipeg getting a team involves swapping the Moose and Blades.

lordstanley
02-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Can't say this is new news. Every rumor of Winnipeg getting a team involves swapping the Moose and Blades.

What a weak ass rumour brodsky has said time after time the Blades will never move as long as he is in charge

Allin44
02-16-2010, 05:13 PM
What a weak ass rumour brodsky has said time after time the Blades will never move as long as he is in charge

What do you expect him to say?

As for the rumor, I am new to Winnipeg so I don't know much about Scott Taylor, just thought I'd post it.

Logistically it doesn't make much sense travel wise for MB or SASK to switch places.

lordstanley
02-16-2010, 05:16 PM
What do you expect him to say?

As for the rumor, I am new to Winnipeg so I don't know much about Scott Taylor, just thought I'd post it.

Logistically it doesn't make much sense travel wise for MB or SASK to switch places.
I would be sickend if the Blades ever moved the second oldest franchise in the whl i would never watch the AHL at all

Allin44
02-16-2010, 05:24 PM
I would be sickend if the Blades ever moved the second oldest franchise in the whl i would never watch the AHL at all

You may be sickened but I'd be thrilled. I have free club seats to most Moose games and couldn't be bothered to go. The AHL product is boring.

lordstanley
02-16-2010, 06:18 PM
You may be sickened but I'd be thrilled. I have free club seats to most Moose games and couldn't be bothered to go. The AHL product is boring.
Well if i was a betting man i would say 95% chance the blades stay and 5 % they move

brandonboy
02-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Well if i was a betting man i would say 95% chance the blades stay and 5 % they move

I think your prolly right, at least not to Winnipeg anyway. I remember somthing some time back about the peg trying for a team in the dub but got turned down. It had something to do with the distance I guess the league doesnt even like how travled the wheeties are.. Im not right sure if this was the reason but for some reason thats what i remember.
If anyone else can remember that would be great!

Allin44
02-16-2010, 10:20 PM
I think your prolly right, at least not to Winnipeg anyway. I remember somthing some time back about the peg trying for a team in the dub but got turned down. It had something to do with the distance I guess the league doesnt even like how travled the wheeties are.. Im not right sure if this was the reason but for some reason thats what i remember.
If anyone else can remember that would be great!

They don't want an AHL team and WHL team in the same market. The price point on tickets isnt THAT big of a difference.

wheatiesfan
02-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Scott Taylor was a sports reporter in Winnipeg when the "save The Jets" battle was raging. He was Barry Shenkero's[then Jets Owner] puppet and wrote numerous articles about the city not being able to support the NHL and should just let the team leave to Minneapolis which was the original destination. I think he believed he could follw the team out of town and he would be taken with them. In any event, as much as I disliked the guy, he does have some credible sources. I hope he is half right and we get an NHL team back, without affecting the staus of the Blades.

sbtatter
02-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Scott Taylor was a sports reporter in Winnipeg when the "save The Jets" battle was raging. He was Barry Shenkero's[then Jets Owner] puppet and wrote numerous articles about the city not being able to support the NHL and should just let the team leave to Minneapolis which was the original destination. I think he believed he could follw the team out of town and he would be taken with them. In any event, as much as I disliked the guy, he does have some credible sources. I hope he is half right and we get an NHL team back, without affecting the staus of the Blades.

Winnipeg would be a huge winner, trading an AHL franchise for NHL and WHL. Brandon an indirect winner, gaining a rival only 2 hours away. I can't see Saskatoon letting it happen. I could see Parker making a trade like that in Regina though;)

reims
02-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Winnipeg would be a huge winner, trading an AHL franchise for NHL and WHL. Brandon an indirect winner, gaining a rival only 2 hours away. I can't see Saskatoon letting it happen. I could see Parker making a trade like that in Regina though;)

haha...good one!

wango tango
02-18-2010, 08:41 AM
no truth to the rumours. zero.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/truth-and-rumours-84557287.html

les lazaruk had blades owner jack brodsky on the pregame show last night, and he confirmed what was in the article.

there isn't an ounce of truth in the blades moving.