PDA

View Full Version : Winnipeg

ChilliwackFan
02-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Chances are its not gonna happen but if it does would Winnipeg be put into the East Division?

dagley
02-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Where else would they put them, US division?

sbtatter
02-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Chances are its not gonna happen but if it does would Winnipeg be put into the East Division?

Yup, probably move Swifty out to the central then Kootney to the Western conference?

ChilliwackFan
03-29-2010, 03:24 AM
is it possible that a expansion team could have numerous of pics in say 2nd to 9th round or just 1 per round in expansion bantam draft?

Allin44
03-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Winnipeg can't have a WHL team until the Moose leave(legally)

ChilliwackFan
03-29-2010, 08:40 AM
No i just ment like for example when Chilliwack and Edmonton came into the league their 1st bantam draft that they took part in is it realistically that they could of had like 2 2nds or 3 3rds etc

Allin44
03-29-2010, 09:12 AM
No i just ment like for example when Chilliwack and Edmonton came into the league their 1st bantam draft that they took part in is it realistically that they could of had like 2 2nds or 3 3rds etc

I believe a WHL team can trade draft picks or players to an expansion team in lieu of having players unprotected. Yes.

patsdude114
03-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Yes teams can trade a prospect/draft pick or player to avoid a picking off the unprotective list for expansion draft.

Arrrgh still wish the Pats hadnt traded Raedeke to Edmonton he was such a great prospect at the time & turned into the player that i knew he was going to be after seeing him play minor hockey here in Regina.

Joe Hallenback
03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
I would love for Winnipeg to have a team to balance out the Western Power of Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton and give the East a big city team. A Brandon/Winnipeg Rivalry would be huge and Winnipeg would end up drafting alot of local boys.

What was Raedke dealt for?

Allin44
03-29-2010, 05:05 PM
I would love for Winnipeg to have a team to balance out the Western Power of Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton and give the East a big city team. A Brandon/Winnipeg Rivalry would be huge and Winnipeg would end up drafting alot of local boys.

What was Raedke dealt for?

I think to avoid having a player picked off their roster. I am with you on wanting a team in Winnipeg. I get free tickets to a lot of Moose games and have to turn them done usually because nobody wants to go. The WHL product is much more entertaining than the AHL product.

west coast
03-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I agree with Allin44 that the WHL product is more entertaining and enjoyable to watch than the AHL game.The playoffs this year have been awesome to watch.I am so looking forward to tonights game 7 tilt between the Hitmen and the Warriors

ChilliwackFan
03-29-2010, 06:28 PM
I think to avoid having a player picked off their roster. I am with you on wanting a team in Winnipeg. I get free tickets to a lot of Moose games and have to turn them done usually because nobody wants to go. The WHL product is much more entertaining than the AHL product.

Calling all WHL Fans

Also any other whl fans who want to take part in creating a possible winnipeg expansion team plz let me know... You can give up a roster player, a prospect or a draft pick? Remember they all have to be realistic players... For example a team wouldnt give up their best player so lets keep it realistic... Like they did for Chilliwack and Edmonton if you want to give up a player or two to avoid expansion u can, or player and prospect or player and draft pick or just a single player or single prospect or single draft pick..

Brandon:
Calgary:
Chilliwack:
Edmonton:
Everett:
Kamloops:
Kootenay:
Kelowna:
Lethbridge
Medicine Hat
Moose Jaw
Portland
Prince Albert
Prince George
Red Deer Rebels
Regina
Saskatoon
Seattle
Spokane
Swift Current
Tri-city
Vancouver

Also for draft pick wise we will be using 2010 bantam draft just in case your asking..

Allin44
03-29-2010, 06:40 PM
I really do not understand what.the.**** you are doing

ChilliwackFan
03-29-2010, 06:48 PM
I really do not understand what.the.**** you are doing

Allin44... K just picture this Winnipeg Jets are coming into the WHL for next season... We are drawing up a possible expansion draft results of possible players that could be chosen by the team...

So for example u being a brandon wheat king fan you would be incharge of the brandon team etc...

Allin44
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Allin44... K just picture this Winnipeg Jets are coming into the WHL for next season... We are drawing up a possible expansion draft results of possible players that could be chosen by the team...

So for example u being a brandon wheat king fan you would be incharge of the brandon team etc...

So you're trying to find out the 6 or 7 players a team wouldn't protect?

ChilliwackFan
03-29-2010, 07:25 PM
So you're trying to find out the 6 or 7 players a team wouldn't protect?

Yah sorry i should have said that at the beginning my bad...

ChilliwackFan
03-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Two teams off the board are Chilliwack and Medicine Hat as Bruins fans said Alexander Wiklund and Tiger fans said Tristan King

ChilliwackFan
03-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Prince George: Alex Wright and Torbohm

Toswammi
03-30-2010, 08:05 AM
So yesturday i heard something about Winnipeg possibly getting the Coyotes back if no one in Glendale wants them. Which i imagine means the Moose are out, and a junior team is in.

Joe Hallenback
03-30-2010, 08:34 AM
That has been the rumor for awhile now. I have a good friend who works for the Thomson family(Richest Canadians and one of the richest families in the world) would purchase and move the Coyotes to Winnipeg. The Moose would move to Saskatoon and the Blades to Winnipeg. This whole thing was contingent on someone not buying the Coyotes and keeping them there. Apparently they have been losing close to 50 Million dollars a year for the past few years. Not sure how they can lose that much you would have to be making next to nothing on seat sales I guess.

Seems really odd about the Moose moving and the Blades moving. Maybe someone from Saskatoon can make me understand why that would be a good idea because I can't seem to fathom it.

I wouldn't hold my breath but I can't say that it does not excite me a little to have an NHL team back

lordstanley
03-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Prince George: Alex Wright and Torbohm

McNaught from saskatoon

ChilliwackFan
03-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks to all of those fans who have helped so far

So far the team looks like this

Chilliwack Bruins: Alexander Wiklund
Medicine Hat: Tristan King
PG: Alex Wright
Sask: Randy McNaught

dagley
03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Jesse Sinatynski

peatfan
03-30-2010, 07:11 PM
This is really a senseless theme. What does Winnipeg getting an NHL team have to getting a WHL team? Can it support 2 teams? If (and I hope it comes true) that the Coyotes move back to the city it never should've left then I can see the Moose moving. Why Saskatoon? Would they support AHL over WHL? Probably not! I'm sure the hockey fans in Saskatoon would prefer the Blades over the Saskatoon Moose. And why would the Blades move to Winnipeg?
I was a season ticket holder for both the Clubs & Jets and would love to see Winnipeg get either clubs back but I just can't see the logic behind all these transfer of teams.
Further more IF the Blades move to Winnipeg it wouldn't be an expansion team so why even has this expansion draft?
Now if the WHL was to expand and the Jets aren't back in the NHL then my top 2 destination would be Winnipeg & Victoria.

Allin44
03-30-2010, 10:28 PM
This is really a senseless theme. What does Winnipeg getting an NHL team have to getting a WHL team? Can it support 2 teams? If (and I hope it comes true) that the Coyotes move back to the city it never should've left then I can see the Moose moving. Why Saskatoon? Would they support AHL over WHL? Probably not! I'm sure the hockey fans in Saskatoon would prefer the Blades over the Saskatoon Moose. And why would the Blades move to Winnipeg?
I was a season ticket holder for both the Clubs & Jets and would love to see Winnipeg get either clubs back but I just can't see the logic behind all these transfer of teams.
Further more IF the Blades move to Winnipeg it wouldn't be an expansion team so why even has this expansion draft?
Now if the WHL was to expand and the Jets aren't back in the NHL then my top 2 destination would be Winnipeg & Victoria.

Saskatoon has been touted as a good spot for Pro hockey. I live there a while back and it is booming with oil money that has come back to the city and could support AHL prices.

The Moose have to move. IF TNSE gets an NHL team, they are offloading the Moose I have to believe, or moving them somewhere not too far away where they can then be the affiliate club.

As for the WHL to Winnipeg, can't happen while an AHL team is here.

peatfan
03-30-2010, 11:28 PM
So Winnipeg can support the NHL & WHL but can't support AHL & WHL? Sorry but does not compute. Maybe the other way around but I don't think they can support two teams. So as a former Jet season ticket holder I'd love to see them back in the NHL. Failing that then a WHL team, but I don't think the WHL is expanding so Winnipeg will end up with the Moose.
If the Jets do become a reality then the Moose will move. Saskatoon does have a nice arena but I'm sure they won't support AHL & WHL so who would the fans in Saskstoon want? Would the Canucks move the Moose closer to home like Victoria? But the speed & reasoning behind the NHL the Coyotees will stay in Phoenix and continue to lose $$$$$$$$$$. Good move Bettman.

Allin44
03-31-2010, 07:47 AM
So Winnipeg can support the NHL & WHL but can't support AHL & WHL? Sorry but does not compute. Maybe the other way around but I don't think they can support two teams. So as a former Jet season ticket holder I'd love to see them back in the NHL. Failing that then a WHL team, but I don't think the WHL is expanding so Winnipeg will end up with the Moose.
If the Jets do become a reality then the Moose will move. Saskatoon does have a nice arena but I'm sure they won't support AHL & WHL so who would the fans in Saskstoon want? Would the Canucks move the Moose closer to home like Victoria? But the speed & reasoning behind the NHL the Coyotees will stay in Phoenix and continue to lose $$$$$$$$$$. Good move Bettman.

No, it can't happen because they have an agreement to stay out of Winnipeg(and AHL markets)

Jets4Life
04-05-2010, 11:57 PM
If Winnipeg were granted an expansion/relocated team in the WHL, it would be a smashing success instantly. Winnipeggers are hockey mad. The WHL is much more popular than the AHl in Manitoba, and the general consensus is the Moose only draw large crowds because of no competetion.

If a WHL team came to town, they would likely drive the Moose out of Winnipeg due to:

a) cheaper tickets
b) more intense games (many AHLers, especially the veterans dont want to be here)
c) fans more liekly to develop a relationship with players (it's hard to get attached to an AHL player, knowing he will likely be called up some point in the season, and play for the Canucks
d) The rivalries. Playing cities like Brandon, Regina, Saskatoon,Calgary, Vancouver, etc will actually mean something to fans. Most Winnipeggers have no concept, and are completely indifferent to places like Wilkes-Barre, Grand Rapids, Worcester, Lowell, Binghampton, etc.

iceman778
04-14-2010, 01:16 AM
yes WHL is more entertaining then other products