PDA

View Full Version : Blades injuries

lordstanley
02-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Add to the list of Hamilton Zahn Gogol Toomey now has a bruised kidney as he missed the last 2 games gotta feel good about how the other players stepped up there game and young 15 year old Levi Bews has played great these last 2 games as well

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Yes it is good to see that other players and Levi Bews have stepped up and played well. I am not sure if Bews will stay with the big club for the rest of the season? I guess it depends on how long Travis Toomey is out for.

lordstanley
02-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Yes it is good to see that other players and Levi Bews have stepped up and played well. I am not sure if Bews will stay with the big club for the rest of the season? I guess it depends on how long Travis Toomey is out for.
Toomey is week to week with a bruised kidney but i heard he should be ready to go next weekend and Gogol as for Hamilton he is gonna play the last 2 games of the reg season and get in game shape for the playoffs as for Zahn hopefull second round if we make it there

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-27-2010, 03:12 AM
He was in the line-up tonight.... He had a decent game but I wish he had more speed in his game,but with him being 6'4 I do not know if those taller players can generate much speed.... I could be wrong,and I probably am.

lordstanley
02-27-2010, 08:54 AM
He was in the line-up tonight.... He had a decent game but I wish he had more speed in his game,but with him being 6'4 I do not know if those taller players can generate much speed.... I could be wrong,and I probably am. Toomey came back quicker than i thought and what Toomey may lack in speed he makes up for in the faceoff circle and he is a great penalty killer and he goes to the net hard

BladesFan_2010
02-28-2010, 01:58 AM
Zahn will be back for the playoffs!!!

reims
02-28-2010, 10:45 AM

are your sources reliable?

sbtatter
02-28-2010, 10:56 AM

Big boost for the Blades, who've been fighting through their injuries very well

lordstanley
02-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Big boost for the Blades, who've been fighting through their injuries very well

Not sure why Niemi was out of the lineup last night ?

BladesFan_2010
03-02-2010, 05:42 PM
My source is VERY reliable, and very close to the team...one of the staffers actually. As far as Niemi, if you guys would listen to 92.9 THE BULL during the game, and to the pre-game and post-game, you'd know that he has a broken finger and will be back for the playoffs.

I usually listen to the radio during the game in stoppages of play. You learn lots more that way!

lordstanley
03-02-2010, 05:50 PM
My source is VERY reliable, and very close to the team...one of the staffers actually. As far as Niemi, if you guys would listen to 92.9 THE BULL during the game, and to the pre-game and post-game, you'd know that he has a broken finger and will be back for the playoffs.

I usually listen to the radio during the game in stoppages of play. You learn lots more that way!

Well that was the one game i listened to rod petersons play by play so i had no idea players in for wednesdays game are

Bews
Sutter
Dietz
Gogol

players out
Niemi: back for playoffs
Zahn : has started to skate way ahead of schedual
Hamilton: back for playoffs

wango tango
03-03-2010, 01:03 PM
this is my guess on the lines for the playoffs

hulak-viedensky-nicholls
hamilton-patterson-wintoneak
dziurzynski-inglis-mcnaught
gogol-benson-boyer

sutter
bews

elliott-klassen
niemi-zahn
acolatse-siemens
thrower

kiziuk
dietz

stanford
morrison

pretty deep group, not a lot of fun to play against.

hoping for a good game tonight vs brandon. curious to see who gets the start, i'd guess stanford. important to play physical but disciplined. legs have to be going right from the start. special teams huge. blades have to score at least once on the power play.

lordstanley
03-03-2010, 03:54 PM
this is my guess on the lines for the playoffs

hulak-viedensky-nicholls
hamilton-patterson-wintoneak
dziurzynski-inglis-mcnaught
gogol-benson-boyer

sutter
bews

elliott-klassen
niemi-zahn
acolatse-siemens
thrower

kiziuk
dietz

stanford
morrison

pretty deep group, not a lot of fun to play against.

hoping for a good game tonight vs brandon. curious to see who gets the start, i'd guess stanford. important to play physical but disciplined. legs have to be going right from the start. special teams huge. blades have to score at least once on the power play.
For me it would be

Hulak Viedensky Nicholls
Wintoneak Patterson Dziurzynski
Hamilton Toomey Inglis
Boyer Benson McNaught/Gogol

Elliott Klassen
Niemi Acolatse
Zahn Siemens
Thrower

I agree very deep physicle team for the playoffs