PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs!!!!

Rebel~66
02-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Congratulations to the boys on clinching their playoff berth tonight!

Way to go guys. You deserve it!

Good chance of 4th spot and home advantage too.

Hitmen1
02-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Congrats! After the start to the season, I had my doubts. But since December the Rebels have been very, very good. If they finish with home ice in the first round, I think they could win a round, if they start on the road, I can't see them moving on.

Rebelsfan13
03-01-2010, 03:17 PM
The Rebels are having a great second half and still have a couple of additions that could make them even better. We get green back, and if Matt Dumba became available then even without home ice advantage I think there are one or two teams they may be able to upset. With those two teams being Kootenay and the other being Calgary! They could even give Brandon a run for their money with the way we have played them this year.

hitmanfan
03-01-2010, 03:59 PM
I think there are one or two teams they may be able to upset. With those two teams being Kootenay and the other being Calgary! They could even give Brandon a run for their money with the way we have played them this year.

Well you beat us one game in 2 years, I would not get too carried away. They might have a bit of a run but I think next year look out.

Nature Boy
03-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I think Dumba will be available for the playoffs. Checked the league website that he plays in and their playoffs ended last weekend. Green could possibly be back this week and that would be a huge addition as we have missed hime and that would give us a more balanced attack.

Rebel~66
03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Dumba would be a fantastic addition. He is the real deal. I've been really impressed by him on every occasion I've seen him play.

Obviously Green's return will be a welcome boost too. It will be like trading for a top line player for nothing at this point of time.

Both of these players will add a lot and the Rebels will be much more dangerous to face as a result. Can they beat the Hitmen or Wheaties? Doubtful as both of those teams are very deep. The Blades, even allowing for their annual playoff meltdown, should not be counted out either. The Ice have cooled of late but were the best team in the dub for a while. All are good teams. The Rebels would give any of them a good series though, even the Hitmen.

It's so much fun to be talking about potential playoff matchups. It's been a while!

hockey4
03-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Well you beat us one game in 2 years, I would not get too carried away. They might have a bit of a run but I think next year look out.

our record over the last 2 years is hardly an indication of what a playoff series would hold between the 2 teams this year. the hitmen are hardly unbeatable, and have had numerous unimpressive stretches during the season. id prefer the young, upstart role over the immense pressure the hitmen will face. outside of the opening night game, all 4 others have been very competititve, with each going either way.

personally, i would take the hitmen over brandon and saskatoon.