PDA

View Full Version : Potential Call ups

Wheatie Pete
03-01-2010, 10:11 AM
With our crew beaten and battered, who would KM call up? We need to rest some of our players for the playoffs, not double shift them.Anyone know the status of Scheinder? How about Stephane Robidouix? The waywayseecapoo team is done for the season. Jason Swyperia and Dakota Conroy are done in the Alberta AAA league. Jordan Fransoo. Does anyone know if Brett Rock is still listed by the Wheats? I thought he had potential, he is a 19 year old and I see he has boomed up to 6 ft 5 inch, 210lbs.

Nice to see last years 1st rounder Eric Roy is leading the Saskatchawan AAA league in playoff scoring. I think he is gonna be a stud in the future.

Joe Hallenback
03-01-2010, 11:25 AM
I think they need to have cards so I am not sure who does and who doesn't.

I am not sure if the Wheat Kings signed Jason Swyripa so I believe he would not be able to play until he does. This way he can retain his US college eligibility. Although he does want to play here as he was really devastated that he got cut.

I think Conroy can play now and they would just have to sign him as well

Fransoo,Roy and Seamen are all in the Playoffs still in Sask and none of them can come till they are finished

Jens Meillur season is finished in the MJHL but again I am not sure if he signed or not

Kuzcek is in the bantam playoffs(this is a god damm crime. He should be playing with the Thrashers but "politics" got in the way)

dagley
03-01-2010, 07:48 PM
What about Van de Velde, I know he was injured..but never heard what, or how bad.

sbtatter
03-01-2010, 08:08 PM
What about Van de Velde, I know he was injured..but never heard what, or how bad.

I heard he's injured for the rest of the season and playoffs....
Should be calling up Robidoux and Wheaton will also be done shortly, at least they're 2 bodies that can log some ice time....

lordstanley
03-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Big game on wednesday who can you guys expect out of the lineup for wednesday ? i know the Blades are without Zahn Niemi Gogol and Hamilton and i guess Toomey is playing bangged up

dagley
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Ferland, Stone, Schneider, Miller, Ciarelli

Boltz9
03-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Big game on wednesday who can you guys expect out of the lineup for wednesday ? i know the Blades are without Zahn Niemi Gogol and Hamilton and i guess Toomey is playing bangged up

What happened to Niemi? Thats a huge loss. And do we know if Schneider is out?

dagley
03-01-2010, 08:59 PM
No, but more than likely since that guys like always hurt

Joe Hallenback
03-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Schneider is out with a concussion now

lordstanley
03-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Ferland, Stone, Schneider, Miller, Ciarelli

Change to the list for the Blades Gogol is back and Niemi is gone untill the start of playoffs with a small break in his index finger i guess Zahn has started to skate and is way ahead of sked it's to bad us and you guys are banged up this late in the season it is opening the door for the Hitmen to win the conf yet again im sick of it lol:burningmad:

dagley
03-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Rather be banged up now, then later.

wheaties89
03-02-2010, 09:05 PM
You can add defenceman Mark Schneider to the Brandon Wheat Kings' injury list.

Schneider suffered a concussion in Brandon's victory over Prince Albert on Saturday night and will be out of the Wheat Kings' lineup indefinitely.

Schneider joins Paul Ciarelli (thumb), Michael Ferland (hand), Mark Stone (concussion) and Ryley Miller (jaw) on the sidelines

EOK1
03-03-2010, 01:28 AM
What about Kyle Krzyzaniak, Rene Hunter or Mitchell Stretch on defense?

Does Kelly plan on making any call-ups? I know Saskatoon has for the remainder of the season.

sbtatter
03-03-2010, 06:32 AM

Does Kelly plan on making any call-ups? I know Saskatoon has for the remainder of the season.

Hunter plays for Portage, I think they're still in the playoffs?
Robidoux makes sense to me because Wayway are out.

Crush Kill Destroy
03-03-2010, 08:03 AM

Kelly has a history of being respectful of the process of calling up any player once that player has been re-assigned to a lower level of play. He doesn't seem willing to leave another team hanging in regards to taking one of their better players at an inopportune time for that team.

The Wheat Kings generally have to be in dire straits for bodies before he would call up a player in the later stages of a regular season or once playoffs have begun. Even then, he tends to be selective as to who he would consider recalling. Rarely has he recalled a player until that player's season has ended at the lower level.

Among blueliners, I believe Kyle Krzyzaniak, Rene Hunter, Jordan Fransoo, Spencer Galbraith, Eric Roy, and Dylan Kuczek are all still active with their current teams. I don't think Mitchell Stretch has been listed by Brandon for a while now. Stephane Robidoux is available, but I am not sure whether Kelly would want to call him up on a basis that would likely only be temporary at this time.

I'm not sure that they need to recall any forwards at this time, as one or two of the injured may be returning shortly.

dagley
03-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Well, Luber is saying Ferland/Ciarelli are uncertain for tonight. I could see Ciarelli playing tonight, probably Ferland next week.

Raider Believer
03-26-2010, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=Joe Hallenback;148196] "I am not sure if the Wheat Kings signed Jason Swyripa so I believe he would not be able to play until he does. This way he can retain his US college eligibility. Although he does want to play here as he was really devastated that he got cut."

Swyripa was signed. Not sure if KM made the call after his team was eliminated or not, but definitely signed.

Scruffy
03-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote Joe H " Fransoo,Roy and Seamen are all in the Playoffs still in Sask and none of them can come till they are finished"
Fransoo finished a tough 5 game series against the Hounds last night. ND's style of hockey prevailed again, giving them a 3 games to 2 series win, coming back after being down 2-0.
The Mintos lost out to ND in the semi's and have already had their year end. Both Roy and Seamen had a good series averaging a point per game and logging major ice time.
Roy probably played his best hockey of the year and looked very mature. He has that unique ability to deke open a passing lane by looking the other way.
Seamen was definitely one of the "go to" guys and looked very much like the power forward he will be. He knocked some big kids on their ass. Definitely tough to play against.
At awards night coaches Tim Leonard and Dave Manson awarded Seaman "best Rookie" out of the 14 they had to choose from.
Must make the PA fans wounder where their scouts were.

Joe Hallenback
03-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Nice to hear about Seaman and Roy. I got the impression from people who watch alot of midget hockey in Sask that Roy might be one of the better players drafted. He was such a wild card and raw talent. From what I understand he never played organized hockey till he was 13 or so?

Seaman has taken that next step adding size and strength. He has a good skill set and I think he will easily make the jump to the WHL next season.

Scruffy
03-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure about pre 13, but he did play for Meadow Lake as a first year bantam. He made some noticeable rushes and did stand out some, but had more obvious pond hockey bad habits at that time.
Meadow Lake draws from a lot of the northern communities and as I understand has a very liberal attitude as far as attending practice. Beauval, where Eric is from, is probably an 1 1/2 hours one way, so I assume he didn't get to many practices.
Most kids from Meadow Lake go to Beardy's. I think his parents thought it was a better opportunity in PA with Dave Manson coaching defense.
I agree somewhat with the comment about foot speed, but add that he is an exceptional skater with a nice stride. His commitment to defense is definitely suspect. He could use a month with Bobby Lowes, as he is way to soft in front of the net.
In the ND series, he was often on the ice with Morgan Rielly, who looks great some of the time. Time will tell. I know Al Macpherson's done very well without having to go though those tough time to get the early picks.