PDA

View Full Version : Bantam Draft

Tinner
05-05-2005, 04:30 PM
PG picked up Matt Belich from Red Deer and he will be a great addition to your line up. Upside includes his skating, has skills and talent along with soft hands. Also, this guy will be your hardest hitter, first in the corner and the first to drop the mitts. Reminds me of a young Cam Neely. Of course, there will be a downside and it is his uncontrolled temper. If the coaches can contain this, you'll have a heck of a player in 2006/7 or 2007/8.

Sput
05-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Thaks for the info on your hometown boy. From what you say he sounds good. Lane and Stew should be able to keep the temper down as they both are usually pretty calm guys behind the bench.

Jovorock
05-06-2005, 08:21 AM
PG picked up Matt Belich from Red Deer and he will be a great addition to your line up. Upside includes his skating, has skills and talent along with soft hands. Also, this guy will be your hardest hitter, first in the corner and the first to drop the mitts. Reminds me of a young Cam Neely. Of course, there will be a downside and it is his uncontrolled temper. If the coaches can contain this, you'll have a heck of a player in 2006/7 or 2007/8.
He's young lots of time to grow up. You can't coach toughness, you can teach control.

Tinner
05-07-2005, 07:17 AM
I'll be surprised if there isn't a trade made for him as I have heard that he is not interested in going there.

Sput
05-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Just as a question rebel39....would you happen to know why he isn't interested? Is it the coaching, management, town or geography? This is the one thing about the young hockey player coming up that bugs me to no end. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but what happened to being happy you got drafted, and play for that team, until they trade you. The kid is young, as all these kids are, and I don't see how or why they are allowed to get away with telling the team that is handing them a future that "I don't want to play for you, or give you a chance. Trade me."

Tinner
05-09-2005, 09:00 AM
it isn't just one thing, but here's what you hear.

1. Team management is not very professional in the way they deal with and treat players.

2. The travel is the hardest of any in the league.

3. The City is far removed from the major centers and of course that brings up the question of "whats to do" up there?

4. Kids want to stay closer to home.

Now, all that said, the opportunity to play hockey in Central Alberta has great possibilities. Within an hour or 2 of Red Deer, there are no less than 10 junior teams playing in the Dub or tier 2 leagues. Aside from Grande Prairie, Lloydminster and Fort MacMurray travel to any team in Alberta is 3 hours from RD. Also the kids in this area that play either Bantam AAA or Midget AAA are somewhat spoiled as both those teams are sponsored by the Rebels. The kids, during the course of the year, get opportinities to see games, how the team is run and listen to others about the way the Rebels operate. Anything less than that now becomes a dissappointment. Kids are smart, they listen to others talk about Dub teams, they read the papers and keep track of things. Prince George (the team and especially the teams management) has not endeared itself to promoting postitive ideals.

BIG_CLAW
06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Well Matt Belich showed up at the prospects camp and looked great . The word is he looks like a young Jordin Tootoo . Can't wait to see him and Dale Hunt together next year , I think they will be great together in the years to come for the cougars .

Tinner
06-18-2005, 07:33 AM
dont get me wrong, the kid wants to play and will play. he wont be a tootoo. He's an upfront, in your face, player.....not a stab and run, cheapshot artist.

he'll need a year in AAA midget....only 15 (cant play in the dub)

Randellel
06-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Rebel39, you cnat talk about TooToo like that hes a hard-nosed player and he hits hard and clean,never backs down and plus the guys has gone through tragedy yet he over came it and Represented our Country, and made it the the NHL. Tootoo speaks to young children and helps in many charities.

Now ask youself this .......how much have u done? Where are you?..... what have u contributed to people less fortunate?

If Belich Pans out to be half as good as Tootoo Prince george will be lucky.