PDA

View Full Version : Eberle

sbtatter
03-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Come on Eberle, do us a favour and beat Beach to 50, and beat him for the most goals this season...... Pretty much going to have to get a goal per game to do it I think, and he's usually good for 2 per game against us, so thats 4 right there!

Allin44
03-03-2010, 10:25 PM
For some reason Kyle Beach has grown on me.

That said I'd rather see Eberle do it.

dagley
03-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Beach really hasn't done anything this season that I've heard of that warrants calling him down this season, pretty quiet 48 goals. He hasn't done anything stupid, as I said...that Ive heard of this year

lordstanley
03-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Beach really hasn't done anything this season that I've heard of that warrants calling him down this season, pretty quiet 48 goals. He hasn't done anything stupid, as I said...that Ive heard of this year

I secretly wanted Beach to make team Canadas World Junior team, a 48 goal spark plug guy like that would have been good im sure Canada didn't want to get involved or take a risk with his history and all but i would have took a shot, this guy is a bigger and better version of Tootoo and they had a guy like that

Sudzy
03-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Very pathetic outcome to the season, having 2 players sitting number 1 and 2 in league scoring, and being the first golfers on the number one tee box.

Management should be very embarrassed. Keep up the good work Brent.

lordstanley
03-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Very pathetic outcome to the season, having 2 players sitting number 1 and 2 in league scoring, and being the first golfers on the number one tee box.

Management should be very embarrassed. Keep up the good work Brent.

The Pats remind me of the year when the Blades only had Deyell Banham and Wilm after that very weak and thin, but Deyell and Banham racked it up big time even that year the Blades atleast made the playoffs but got swept first round. Don Clark was our coach that year not sure if he was GM or not but the Gm should have unloaded that season as well

Sudzy
03-04-2010, 03:10 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, Clark did the same in P.A.

He now farms for a living.

patsdude114
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Well with the Pats playing LETH & PA this weekend it could be possible Eberle gets 50 this weekend on Home ice. Im sure Eberle wants this 50 goal mark as its a great accomplishment to reach in any league. Him and Weal it would be great if they could finish 1 & 2 in league scoring (even with missing the playoffs) will definately help Weal's chances of going as high as he can in the NHL draft, showing that he is elite & can play with elite players. Even if all he will ever see is just the AHL due to his size. But his heart & determination could give him a shot at the NHL when injuries occur.

Just a question here.... Do u think Hockey Canada gives him any consideration next year for the WJs??? Put the guy with elite players & he does shine. I for 1 will think he will get a invite at least to the camp him & both Ashton could get a look at the summer camp & the camp in december. Do i think either will make it??? hmmmm i think Ashton has a better chance then Weal does just cuz of the age & size difference. But still dont think either will make the squad. Or maybe a guy like Davidson gets a invite as well this kid came out of no where & has quietly got himself into the top 2 rounds in the rankings for the upcoming NHL draft. He isnt flashy but is very reliable. But all in all i dont think none of them get a serious look.

Trevor
03-04-2010, 05:38 PM
I'd say next year is a strech, but he has a very good chance in 2 years. Likely get an invite to summer camp, maybe to main camp, but won't make the team next year. Don't forget that Kozun is the same size as Weal and made the team at 19 years old, so that gives Weal 2 years to bulk up a bit.

Sudzy
03-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Weal is definately a talented player, an elite in this league, unfortunately his size is going to hurt his chances in the WJC invitations and in the NHL draft.

Not very many scouts will be looking his way, the same boat that Derkatch was in, unbelievable junior numbers and he went no where in pro hockey.

patsdude114
03-05-2010, 12:09 AM
To be respectful to Derkatch this is 2 totally different era's of hockey the game is so much different in many ways. Alot of smaller players are getting drafted. The scouts really like Weal to be honest, his heart & determination is 2nd to none. He never shy's away from going into the corners against the bigger guys, heck Weal comes out with the puck more times then not. I find the only thing that Weal struggles with when it comes to a bigger player is when it comes to faceoffs. The size & more strength kills Weal in the faceoff dot. Keep in mind he is only 17 & with his size he wouldnt have the same leverage in the dot as someone bigger & stronger.

I do agree that next season Weal prob wont get that look, but i really dont think his size is going to hurt him come the draft. I do believe he will be a mid to late 3rd round pick.