PDA

View Full Version : LA signs Schenn

dagley
03-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Atta boy Schenner!

patsdude114
03-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Congrats to Schenn, will be surprised if he is sent back to Brandon next season after signing this contract.... as he has already been used as an emergency call-up once this year.

He would be a great (& cheap) 3rd line player possibly 2nd line guy baring injuries next season as he plays a gritty type game but yet has offensive flare. I do believe the Kings give him every chance to make there team next season.

wheaties89
03-05-2010, 02:09 AM
i dunno man. everyone thought eberle was goona mke it too. never know

dagley
03-05-2010, 09:11 AM
We'll he either has to play for the Kings or has to come back to Brandon next season. Too young for the AHL, :D

Allin44
03-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Congrats to Schenn, will be surprised if he is sent back to Brandon next season after signing this contract.... as he has already been used as an emergency call-up once this year.

He would be a great (& cheap) 3rd line player possibly 2nd line guy baring injuries next season as he plays a gritty type game but yet has offensive flare. I do believe the Kings give him every chance to make there team next season.

Not really cheap, he'd have a $3 million salary cap hit assuming he signed for the rookie max.

dagley
03-05-2010, 09:36 AM
I think he will be back next season, along with Glennie. The makeup of our team next season will still be really strong, and a contender again. But, this year is all that matters right now...not next year.

lordstanley
03-05-2010, 09:55 AM
I think he will be back next season, along with Glennie. The makeup of our team next season will still be really strong, and a contender again. But, this year is all that matters right now...not next year.

You guys could lose alot of talented players if schenn doesn't comeback i think it may be a rebuilding season players that could be gone are

Schenn maybe ?
Calvert
Rajala
Lewadniak
Fehr
Raedeke or wiebe will be back i think as a 20
Hamonic
Robak
Urbom
Hayes or DeSerres will be back with Liston as a back up

My guess is you guys keep DeSerres Bestland Wiebe or Raedeke as the other 20

Allin44
03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
You guys could lose alot of talented players if schenn doesn't comeback i think it may be a rebuilding season players that could be gone are

Schenn maybe ?
Calvert
Rajala
Lewadniak
Fehr
Raedeke or wiebe will be back i think as a 20
Hamonic
Robak
Urbom
Hayes or DeSerres will be back with Liston as a back up

My guess is you guys keep DeSerres Bestland Wiebe or Raedeke as the other 20

Raedeke will be gone playing somewhere in the Detroit system, if De Serres keeps up his strong play he'll be somewhere in the Philly system. There is no doubt we'll be weak, but even after trading a good chunk of our 16/17 year olds, we still have one of the best prospect lists in the WHL.

lordstanley
03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Raedeke will be gone playing somewhere in the Detroit system, if De Serres keeps up his strong play he'll be somewhere in the Philly system. There is no doubt we'll be weak, but even after trading a good chunk of our 16/17 year olds, we still have one of the best prospect lists in the WHL.

My guess for rookies to make the squad are

G:Liston
D:Roy
D:Kuczek
F:Swyripa
D:Fransoo
F:Regier
along with guys that are returning
Stone
Walker
Ferland
Miller

Ther future looks pretty bright in Brandon

Joe Hallenback
03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Regier quit hockey

Probably see

Conroy
Seaman
Meuiller
Hunter

in a Wheat King uniform next season

lordstanley
03-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Regier quit hockey

Probably see

Conroy
Seaman
Meuiller
Hunter

in a Wheat King uniform next season

Obviously im a Blades fan but also follow the league closely i had no idea about Regier quiting Hockey thats really to bad

Trevor
03-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Not really cheap, he'd have a $3 million salary cap hit assuming he signed for the rookie max.

Even at the rookie max, wouldn't his yearly cap hit be $875,000?

SectionNDeserter
03-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Even at the rookie max, wouldn't his yearly cap hit be $875,000?Entry level contracts are capped at 880K. Leafs got fined a while back for signing a 28 year old rookie for more than the maximum of 880K.

Allin44
03-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Even at the rookie max, wouldn't his yearly cap hit be $875,000?

No, they need to account for his incentives. Cant remember if the cap hits for the bonuses can be deferred until the next year or not. I know last year they couldn't be but it was a quirk in the CBA.

BTW the rookie max is around 900 now

patsdude114
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
I like Schenn dont get me wrong but there is no way in hell he would make 3mil with incentives, he is good but not a rookie phenonm

Trevor
03-05-2010, 04:56 PM
No, they need to account for his incentives. Cant remember if the cap hits for the bonuses can be deferred until the next year or not. I know last year they couldn't be but it was a quirk in the CBA.

I thought bonuses didn't count against the cap. Guess I'm wrong. Not the first time, and won't be the last.:D

Allin44
03-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I like Schenn dont get me wrong but there is no way in hell he would make 3mil with incentives, he is good but not a rookie phenonm

He doesn't need to, they still need to leave cap room for it tho

dagley
03-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Well, his signing bonus was close to 300k

wheatiesfan
03-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I guess we will know who owns the the shiney new sports car/or 4x4 that will be outside Westman Place when the wheaties have their next practice. Its good for Brayden. It shows if you work hard to be one of the best in your league, you can get rewarded. It's a nice reminder for the rest of the younger guys just starting out what they can get if they succeed.

sbtatter
03-06-2010, 03:08 PM
I guess we will know who owns the the shiney new sports car/or 4x4 that will be outside Westman Place when the wheaties have their next practice. Its good for Brayden. It shows if you work hard to be one of the best in your league, you can get rewarded. It's a nice reminder for the rest of the younger guys just starting out what they can get if they succeed.

Most guys buy an escalade upon signing don't they?!!!

Trevor
03-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Most guys buy an escalade upon signing don't they?!!!

I know Plante did.

brandonboy
03-07-2010, 12:16 PM
I know Plante did.

Burkie bought an H3!

And I think they can deferre his incentives for bonuses like making the rookie allstar team or points and playing time but I think his signing bounus counts against the cap for this season not next... Not right sure but I think thats why you see so many players in juniours get signed before the end of the NHL season! Like I said though not sure just what ive understood from word of mouth.....

Bocephus
03-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Burkie bought an H3!

And I think they can deferre his incentives for bonuses like making the rookie allstar team or points and playing time but I think his signing bounus counts against the cap for this season not next... Not right sure but I think thats why you see so many players in juniours get signed before the end of the NHL season! Like I said though not sure just what ive understood from word of mouth.....
I assume you are referring to Codey Burki. What a bust he has turned into. He's now a below average ECHL'er. Hope he enjoyed his riches while he had them cause he'll never get a sniff of the money again.
So tough to be a scout.

sbtatter
03-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I assume you are referring to Codey Burki. What a bust he has turned into. He's now a below average ECHL'er. Hope he enjoyed his riches while he had them cause he'll never get a sniff of the money again.
So tough to be a scout.

He was so frustrating to watch, good skill but low compete level. Not a guy to have as your #1 centre in the dub!!

Bocephus
03-07-2010, 02:22 PM
He was so frustrating to watch, good skill but low compete level. Not a guy to have as your #1 centre in the dub!!
He has a super hot girlfriend here in Lethbridge that Boyle set him up with and now an aging H3. haha
What was this thread about again? :D

brandonboy
03-07-2010, 02:24 PM

Just form talking to a couple guys I know that played with him and still keep up, its not his skill that keeps him out its his attitude.... I guess he was the same way as a wheatie....

lordstanley
03-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Who do you Brandon fans want today the Blades ? or the Hitemen if the Blades win you take the chance of us passing you with still a game in hand or if we beat the Hitmen you still have a chance at the conf title ?

sbtatter
03-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Who do you Brandon fans want today the Blades ? or the Hitemen if the Blades win you take the chance of us passing you with still a game in hand or if we beat the Hitmen you still have a chance at the conf title ?

I hope for a Hitmen win so our chance at #2 seed increases, if you win we likely end up 3rd, and if the top 4 win the 1st matchups we'd be away in the second round, don't want that!!

Allin44
03-07-2010, 02:50 PM

I want Calgary to win.

lordstanley
03-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I want Calgary to win.

So that means you feel you guys have no shot at the conf title ?

Allin44
03-07-2010, 03:08 PM

Gotta go for the odds. If you guys win tonight it puts you ahead of us. We'd then need you to lose one, and Calgary to lose one more and BDN sweep the season out to take the conference and probably the Scotty Munro

Boltz9
03-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm for Calgary as well as I'm happy with a divison title. Still gotta do our job and win in PA which hasn't been a very friendly building this year. Also hope we can keep our guys healthy after tonight, Zemlak is still holding a grudge against Wiebe obviously, and that's not good with a team that has not alot to play for.

sbtatter
03-07-2010, 04:39 PM

I don't think we have a shot at the conference, so I'd rather solidify 2nd if we can.....

lordstanley
03-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't think we have a shot at the conference, so I'd rather solidify 2nd if we can.....

Well the Blades will lose today the Calgary Hitmen are 5/6 on the pp and can't be stopped on the PP they look like team canada of the old days with Gretzky and Lemieux

Allin44
03-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Well the Blades will lose today the Calgary Hitmen are 5/6 on the pp and can't be stopped on the PP they look like team canada of the old days with Gretzky and Lemieux

Did Gogol mug somebody or what happened? Just looking at the gamesheet and he got a fighting major but there is nothing to Calgary..

lordstanley
03-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Did Gogol mug somebody or what happened? Just looking at the gamesheet and he got a fighting major but there is nothing to Calgary..
Yeah he suckerd punched someone probably a suspension comming well deserved and every penalty the blades took was deserved and way more shoulda been called

Boltz9
03-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Ya just saw the Gogol incident (tape delay). Completely classless type of thing that we need to get rid of. Definitely reminds me of the Teubert incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJX3hrNkZI&feature=player_embedded

The video on sportsnet was better because it showed him go straight after him.

Boltz9
03-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Yeah he suckerd punched someone probably a suspension comming well deserved and every penalty the blades took was deserved and way more shoulda been called

Gotta give you credit for being honest instead of bias, I can respect that. Maybe it's because you don't have a moron for a broadcaster.

sbtatter
03-08-2010, 08:34 AM

Gogol, mcnaught and Dirisnzky (sp) all appear to be on the edge of losing it on the ice, I think they play their role more effectively when they just hit and intimidate, rather than goon it up and make the refs job easy to call a penalty on them. If they just go and hit, they make the Blades so tough to play against. I f they do what Gogol did here and mcnaught did in bdn, it just gives the opposing team PP's. i imagine Molloken will be having that chat with them this week...

lordstanley
03-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Gogol, mcnaught and Dirisnzky (sp) all appear to be on the edge of losing it on the ice, I think they play their role more effectively when they just hit and intimidate, rather than goon it up and make the refs job easy to call a penalty on them. If they just go and hit, they make the Blades so tough to play against. I f they do what Gogol did here and mcnaught did in bdn, it just gives the opposing team PP's. i imagine Molloken will be having that chat with them this week...

I guess not having Zahn and Niemi maybe hurt our PK yestersday cause Klassen and Elliott were logging way to many minuts
still think the special teams are gonna be our downfall this year if they don't shape up soon. And another thing im really missing this time of year is Braden Holtby the guy could steal the odd game
oh well heres for hoping for a decent playoff run if we don't go far im rooting for you guys.