PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer 2 - Papp/Zalaski 1 - Swift Current 0

SectionNDeserter
03-05-2010, 11:47 PM
I didn't think I would see as bad of a job officiating a hockey game as the Calgary game earlier in the season, but they have outdone themselves! A Lethargic looking Swift Current team waterskiied behind an inspired Rebel squad for 50 minutes of this game, ran the goalie, and played with NINE players for a while(11 if you count the two refs)--all without getting a single call. The only thing that kept this from being an absolute blowout, was that Swift had 7 skaters on the ice all night.

Hopefully the officiating in this game will be reviewed, and these two clowns will be suspended for at least the playoffs, as I would hate to see a deserving team get shafted in the playoffs by some refs with an obvious bias.

Rebel~66
03-06-2010, 12:06 AM
I was going to start a thread about this too. That was an absolutely brutal display of reffing. Mind boggling in fact. Swift Current could do whatever they wanted without censure. NINE players on the ice and no call. Come on!

I was really pleased that Jesse Wallin laid into the officiating, Papp in particular. He mentioned that Papp was the ref when the Cougars where in town. They were 1 for 8 that night while the Rebels had three PP's. Very similar to tonight.
Wallin will likely be fined for his comments but good on him regardless.

Doubtful that the league does a darn thing about it. We'll probably get Papp for the first home playoff game, just to show the Rebels who's boss.

Good character win by the boys. They played almost a full period shorthanded and deserved the win in regulation. Give the Loser point to the refs. Swift don't deserve it.

rebel
03-06-2010, 01:03 AM
ill make this short and sweet. the refs at tonights game sucked. i dont know how much the broncos paid them but they were easily persuaded. i counted numerous of times where there should have been a penalty like barnstables feet being taken out right in front of him, the 9 player too many men penalty. i loved jesse's post game comments and i dont care if the league fines him or not im sure brent sutter doesnt mind paying in this situation. and i hope the league reviews the tape and diciplinary actions are handed down to those refs in question PAPP AND ZALASKI. :burningmad:

Broncs in RD
03-06-2010, 01:49 AM
LOL Every penalty Red Deer got was deserved. Running the goalie happened 3x. S.C. ran the goalie once (yes no call), Red Deer ran Clark once(no call). Pretty sure you missed the break away that stickland had where he was hit into the goalie from behind. No penalty shot was awarded, but a goaltender interference call on stickland and a holding? call on Archer.
Very bad game for Swift Current they played brutal, missing Tassone, Wagner and Lowry really hurts this team.

hockey4
03-06-2010, 02:04 AM
LOL Every penalty Red Deer got was deserved. Running the goalie happened 3x. S.C. ran the goalie once (yes no call), Red Deer ran Clark once(no call). Pretty sure you missed the break away that stickland had where he was hit into the goalie from behind. No penalty shot was awarded, but a goaltender interference call on stickland and a holding? call on Archer.
Very bad game for Swift Current they played brutal, missing Tassone, Wagner and Lowry really hurts this team.

Well of course its convenient for you to agree, your team got an undeserved free point. Outside of the pp's, the broncos didnt have a sniff all night. Did you miss the 9 men on the ice, the two phantom knees? the fact the pp's were 9-2 at this time of year in a game that was hardly chippy, is cause for concern for the league.

Rebel~66
03-06-2010, 02:25 AM

I usually find you a somewhat reasonable and fair poster but this post is so one sided it's not even funny. Are you related to the refs by chance?

Do you honestly believe that this was a 9-2 penalty hockey game? Truly? That wasn't even close to being a fairly called game. That you cannot see that is about as homerish as they come.

SectionNDeserter
03-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Pretty sure you missed the break away that stickland had where he was hit into the goalie from behind. No penalty shot was awarded, but a goaltender interference call on stickland and a holding?If you were actually watching the game, you would notice that Archer didn't shove him from behind, he caught up to him about 10-12 feet out, reached around to tap his stick, was unsuccessful, then pulled him down. Penalty shots are only awarded to players who are totally in the clear, and Archer was nearly in front of him when he took him down. Though I have to agree with you, I don't really know what the GI penalty was for, makeup call for the one he blew earlier perhaps? So yes, the Broncos did get one bad call vs. 5 bad calls against Red Deer, and about 30 non-calls against Swift for holding, interference, diving, hooking, too-many men etc.

Broncs in RD
03-06-2010, 08:10 AM
LOL. I was kidding the reffing was horrible. (kinda good for swift fans though)
I really do think that all the rebels calls against were penalties.
Swift did deserve alot more penalties as well though.

tiny
03-06-2010, 09:24 AM
I hope everyone is taking note that Red Deer fans are not complaining about the refs because the Rebels lost. Rebels won. This should give a bit of credibility to the fans who are ticked.

I hope the officiating management does review this game and takes note of the lopsided nature of the calls. No one will say that some penalties weren't deserved. We are concerned with the calls that should/could have been made against the Broncos and some phantom calls against Rebels.

I hope Papp and Zalaski have the decency to be embarrassed by their performance last night.

I still think each team should have the right of refusal for 2 official for each playoff game. LOL

dagley
03-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Everybody hates Zalaski,

Rebel~66
03-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Either the Rebels got the short end of the stick, officiating wise, again tonight or they are really undisciplined. The Tigers with 6 powerplays to the Rebels 1 (which was all of 30 seconds it looks like), including three straight PP's for the Tigers in the third, when trailing. I notice Petrovic took a 10 min misconduct in the third too. Did anyone listen/watch the game to give me some insight on this? I'd love to hear Wallin's take on this one as well.

edit: By my tally this weekend the Rebels went 1 for 3 on the PP over two games! On the other hand the opposition went 2 for 15 over those two games. That's just brutal. Are the Rebels really that much more undisciplined than the opposition?

rebel
03-07-2010, 09:37 AM
i watched the game webcast last night it looked to me that we got the short end of the stick it seems like always. petrovics misconduct was undeserved he was talking to the ref about a penalty of some sort it didnt look to me that he was yelling or cursing but you never see it all with a webcast either.

rdreb
03-07-2010, 09:44 AM
I was listening to the game.The team either are letting the pressure get to them.
I said at the start off the year we would finish in 4th but after last night I don't think so.
I see a fall back to the last couple off year of hockey style.
I hope I'm wrong but I call this the start of a choke.

hockey4
03-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I was listening to the game.The team either are letting the pressure get to them.
I said at the start off the year we would finish in 4th but after last night I don't think so.

So they dominate a game against a team ahead of us in their barn, and they take advantage of some chincy calls and a bad bounce to tie the game, then win in a practice drill. If the rebels win all their games, they finish 4th. how does that resemble anything of the last couple years. I would have to question your loyalty after a comment like that. I feel more confident now, especially after that med hat game, that a series against even saskatoon would be a great series.

rdreb
03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Well bud I have been here for along time. How long have you been behind this team?
It looks like as I said,no time to be going back to the last couple off years by letting the pressure get too you.

Nature Boy
03-08-2010, 06:00 PM

You can't say that about the Swift Current game. They just got screwed by Papp and got tired of killing one period of hockey. They got one right in overtime but the kneeing call against Morin he did not deserve and I am glad Jesse said something. I see he got fine $500 for it, but it was well worth it They do tend to sit back on a two goal lead but I think that will be fixed in the playoffs and the might just steal a series depending on the final standings.

Rebel~66
03-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Wallin simply told some home truths and good on him for doing so. I knew a fine would be forthcoming but how on earth could the brass not see what a badly officiated game that was? It sure smells of conspiracy on someone's part (refs likely) when the Rebels got jobbed the following night in Medicine Hat too. Tiger fans even said as much. It's all a bit bush league really.