PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Eberle & next will be Weal

patsdude114
03-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Want to put out a congrats to Jordan Eberle for reaching the 100 pts plateau tonight against the PA Raiders. Eberle put up a 4 assist game (& had a goal disallowed, still not sure why though on a breakaway with the puck in the net) Eberle is at 102 pts & counting congrats to a great season for Jordan Eberle. Not sure when the last time was the Pats had a 100 point man & dont really feel like looking at the moment either but from recent thought the Pats havent had a 100 point man yet in the 2000's.

Jordan Weal is at 99 pts after a 3 point game tonight 2g1a i am thinking its a lock for Weal to reach the 100 point plateau as well. Which should guarantee the Pats stars to finish 1 & 2 in league scoring with only 3 games left.

Just a side note.... tonight i was reminded on the 1st goal PA scored on why the Pats rnt making the playoffs... way to many bad goals allowed by our starting goaltender, cant make the playoffs with your goalie allowing 1 bad goal at game. I hope this is just a learning curve for Ketlo cuz come next season Guhle will be looking for that starting role & if Ketlo keeps allowing that 1 bad goal a game the Pats cant afford to have this happen for another season.

Once again congrats to Eberle on his 100 point season in only 54 games. Quite an accomplishment, would of been cool to see how many points he could of put up if he hadnt been gone for what 12 games this season due to the WJs. Wouldnt of even been a race for 1st in league scoring unless Weal somehow past him (& could still as well)

brandonboy
03-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Want to put out a congrats to Jordan Eberle for reaching the 100 pts plateau tonight against the PA Raiders. Eberle put up a 4 assist game (& had a goal disallowed, still not sure why though on a breakaway with the puck in the net) Eberle is at 102 pts & counting congrats to a great season for Jordan Eberle. Not sure when the last time was the Pats had a 100 point man & dont really feel like looking at the moment either but from recent thought the Pats havent had a 100 point man yet in the 2000's.

Jordan Weal is at 99 pts after a 3 point game tonight 2g1a i am thinking its a lock for Weal to reach the 100 point plateau as well. Which should guarantee the Pats stars to finish 1 & 2 in league scoring with only 3 games left.

Just a side note.... tonight i was reminded on the 1st goal PA scored on why the Pats rnt making the playoffs... way to many bad goals allowed by our starting goaltender, cant make the playoffs with your goalie allowing 1 bad goal at game. I hope this is just a learning curve for Ketlo cuz come next season Guhle will be looking for that starting role & if Ketlo keeps allowing that 1 bad goal a game the Pats cant afford to have this happen for another season.

Once again congrats to Eberle on his 100 point season in only 54 games. Quite an accomplishment, would of been cool to see how many points he could of put up if he hadnt been gone for what 12 games this season due to the WJs. Wouldnt of even been a race for 1st in league scoring unless Weal somehow past him (& could still as well)

This by no means is a shot at you guys but that has got to really suck having two players finish so high in in points and even worse #1 and #2 in the league and still miss the playoffs.....

patsdude114
03-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I for one dont take that as a shot but more of a reality then anything.... the whole problem is our goaltending, Ketlo will play a solid game but will still allow that ONE bad goal each game it seems. A team to make the playoffs cant be having that game in and game out & think they are going to be successfull.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Ketlo certainly isnt the only reason, though he hasnt been clutch at all this year when it counts. Keep in mind, he is young too.

Without a doubt, Missing our top players for 12 games for international commitments made the biggest difference(as did bad injuries during that time), but terrible 20 year olds and predictable coaching doesnt help either. Sure, Strueby has almost 40 goals, but Im willing to bet his laziness in his own zone has cost nearly that many to go in through the course of the year.

Keeping Eberle didnt kill us THIS season, but it will later seasons. It could have set us up for life. We will probably still be good next year but not great like we could have been.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey Patsdude(or other fans)

I read that Dyson Stevenson got called up to play against PA. How did he do?

patsdude114
03-07-2010, 04:34 PM
he played well... got into a fight early in the 1st clearly won the fight hands down too.. kid can skate has a decent shot as well this kid will be a great asset for the Pats next season.

Tyler Parker is making Hunt look like a fool all year long as well... played in both home games this weekend, scored a goal against LETH the kid gets the puck & goes to the net with it. I really dont know why he didnt play more this year. I think he out worked Mitchell all weekend, if i remember correctly Parker also got the Hardest Working Pat on Friday night as well.

Also i do agree about the 20 yr olds & the Streuby comment. There is a reason this guy has a -20 guy skates like he has lead in his arse. Sometimes i wonder if keeping Czibere would of been a better choice, at least Czibere could win faceoffs & was reliable in our own end. May not be been the most offensive player but was a leader & could of been used in key situations.

sbtatter
03-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Keeping Eberle didnt kill us THIS season, but it will later seasons. It could have set us up for life.

That's one thing we can agree on. Trading Eberle could have done for you what trading Setoguchi did for the Blades

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I really liked what I saw out of Parker in the limited time we had him. Hes fast and works hard...could have some skill. Never knew why he didnt play at home before. He should certainly get more time next year, with an outside chance of getting shifts on the top 2 lines on occasion. Stevenson should be good too. Im excited to see what he brings, as he looks like a real sleeper pick. His midget numbers are misleading because he was a goal per game with MJ's AAA team, and then goes to SCs AAA team and is one of their best offensive guys. If he is gritty too, then he sounds like he would be a good PAT.

That's one thing we can agree on. Trading Eberle could have done for you what trading Setoguchi did for the Blades

Its common sense to anybody, nevermind someone of his position. I dont like how people somehow act as if Pats fans were behind Parker on that move.

Allin44
03-07-2010, 07:28 PM
I really liked what I saw out of Parker in the limited time we had him. Hes fast and works hard...could have some skill. Never knew why he didnt play at home before. He should certainly get more time next year, with an outside chance of getting shifts on the top 2 lines on occasion. Stevenson should be good too. Im excited to see what he brings, as he looks like a real sleeper pick. His midget numbers are misleading because he was a goal per game with MJ's AAA team, and then goes to SCs AAA team and is one of their best offensive guys. If he is gritty too, then he sounds like he would be a good PAT.

Its common sense to anybody, nevermind someone of his position. I dont like how people somehow act as if Pats fans were behind Parker on that move.

Most fans(Pats or not) recognize they needed to make the trade. But if you read RPs blog, a lot of the posts are "well Ebs and Teubs said they wanted to stay". Both those guys are going to play pro hockey, both understand its a business.

west coast
03-07-2010, 07:29 PM
he played well... got into a fight early in the 1st clearly won the fight hands down too.. kid can skate has a decent shot as well this kid will be a great asset for the Pats next season.

Tyler Parker is making Hunt look like a fool all year long as well... played in both home games this weekend, scored a goal against LETH the kid gets the puck & goes to the net with it. I really dont know why he didnt play more this year. I think he out worked Mitchell all weekend, if i remember correctly Parker also got the Hardest Working Pat on Friday night as well.

Also i do agree about the 20 yr olds & the Streuby comment. There is a reason this guy has a -20 guy skates like he has lead in his arse. Sometimes i wonder if keeping Czibere would of been a better choice, at least Czibere could win faceoffs & was reliable in our own end. May not be been the most offensive player but was a leader & could of been used in key situations.

Czibere had alot of character and experience with the Giants and maybe in retrospect i think that he may have been a better choice at capturing a 20 spot.Czibere is a responsible player.I am not sure if i agree with you about Tyler Parker.He works hard but lacks speed and strength but he is still young but honestly cant see him cracking a second line role but the Pats picked him up and must see something longterm with him

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Most fans(Pats or not) recognize they needed to make the trade. But if you read RPs blog, a lot of the posts are "well Ebs and Teubs said they wanted to stay". Both those guys are going to play pro hockey, both understand its a business. Id say you would be hard pressed to find one 'parker fan' in all of regina that is not affiliated with the team in some way.

As for what they have said...Its complicated, and frankly I dont trust the parkers or pedersen to put it in context. It wouldnt even surprise me if it was all lies. The players always have to watch what they say when talking to the public. I doubt Eberle or Teubert had any choice outside of saying they are committed to the team, since it never looks good to say that you want to be traded especially for pro prospects. The parkers without a doubt manipulated the situation for selfish purposes. Its also not about 'oh, I want out of junior as fast as possible so I can go pro', as they should be committed to the team, and likely didnt get this far without the right attitude...

...but everybody knew that we werent going to win it all, nevermind making the playoffs at the time had doubts too.

Interesting that multiple rumors say that Russ was the one pulling the strings, and vetoed an Eberle trade with the blades that Brent put together...which is just food for the thought, really.

Allin44
03-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Id say you would be hard pressed to find one 'parker fan' in all of regina that is not affiliated with the team in some way.

As for what they have said...Its complicated, and frankly I dont trust the parkers or pedersen to put it in context. It wouldnt even surprise me if it was all lies. The players always have to watch what they say when talking to the public. I doubt Eberle or Teubert had any choice outside of saying they are committed to the team, since it never looks good to say that you want to be traded especially for pro prospects. The parkers without a doubt manipulated the situation for selfish purposes. Its also not about 'oh, I want out of junior as fast as possible so I can go pro', as they should be committed to the team, and likely didnt get this far without the right attitude...

...but everybody knew that we werent going to win it all, nevermind making the playoffs at the time had doubts too.

Interesting that multiple rumors say that Russ was the one pulling the strings, and vetoed an Eberle trade with the blades that Brent put together...which is just food for the thought, really.

I'm a Parker fan!

patsdude114
03-08-2010, 04:42 AM
I am not sure if i agree with you about Tyler Parker.He works hard but lacks speed and strength but he is still young but honestly cant see him cracking a second line role but the Pats picked him up and must see something longterm with him

In all honesty id like to know how close u sit to the glass at the games??? That has to be the only reason u didnt see what Parker brought to the games this past weekend. Seemed like everyone i talked too before saturdays game & in the 1st/2nd intermissions were very surprised at how hard Parker worked & how come Hunt didnt use him more this season.

He was by far the fastest player on the 4th line (thats also including Hrcina & Mulder) i do agree he needs to build more strength but what 17 yr old doesnt?? Parker wasnt afraid to carry the puck, & took the puck to the net alot in the 2 games this weekend.

Hunt must of liked what he saw from Parker as he even got 2 shifts on the 2nd & 3rd line (1 on each) on saturday night. I dont see Parker ever being a 2nd line player but thats ok the way he works & skates he would be a great 3rd/4th line player for next season and the year after. I for 1 have always wondered why Hunt didnt play him all season long at home & i am really starting to question what else we have kicking around that Hunt doesnt want to use.

west coast
03-08-2010, 08:19 PM
so Pats dude, are you telling me that players look faster and more skillfull if i put my face against the glass.I have seen the Pats play several times this year and i have seen Tyler Parker play a few times on the road and think that he is a prospect.Sorry if i dont not get excited about his play.I dont think that he is that fast but i think that he works hard but at the end of the day , his talent level is fringe.He hasnt seen that much ice this year and that is because he probably hasnt warranted taking other ice times away.At this point , all players are auditioning for next years jobs.I wish Tyler Parker all the best .I would like for Brent Parker to bring in alot of free agent forwards and make some moves during the summer because the team needs new blood

patsdude114
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I agree that this team needs new blood, the thing with Hunt is tho he favours his veterns way to much & you never really get a chance to see what these young guys can do. Most teams give there young guys ice time but Hunt only seems to do this in teh 1st period and thats all even then its a crap shoot.

Hunt doesnt hold his older players accountable to anything, Leffler/Streuby/Teubert/Orfino/Mappin/McColm (&/or Delahey) even Eberle/Weal can go out there and make very critual mistakes game in & out but yet they r out there for the next shift. But throw a young guy who makes that exact same mistake (goal against or not) & they see the bench.

Im not saying Parker is the most skilled guy cuz he is far from that, but his work ethic & his ability to skate & take the puck to the net should of gave him more games this season then he has seen. He is twice the player Favreau is, at times i really wonder how Favreau has stuck around this long.

witness
03-09-2010, 09:16 AM
He is twice the player Favreau is

I Have to disagree with you on that point. I am not a huge Favreau fan, but he has played better in the last month and a half. Was he worth a 1st round bantam pick? No. But he can skate better than Parker and his puck skills are better than Parker's. They are both only 17, so there is room for growth.

It will be interesting to see the summer development of the younger players that were so afraid of making a mistake. Once they get their confidence back, let's see if they can be a factor. the names that come to mind: Carlson, Borstmayer, Spooner, Parker, Mulder, Favreau, Reider and to some extent Bell.

And since we are talking next year, there will be a need to upgrade the 20 year olds and there will be some fine players avaliable. I wonder what it would take to get:
1. Tyler Schmidt - Dman from Tri. I would say he would be first on my shopping list. 6', 219 lbs with 110 pim. Exactly what the Pats need.
2. Zahn, Toomey or Boyer from Saskatoon - In my opinion, Toomey would look great in a Pats jersey. I love what this kid brings to the rink.
3. Michael Stone from Calgary. Highly unlikely, but let's dream.
4. Either Tyler Fiddler or Chris Foucault from Calgary.

Both Saskatoon and Calgary have 5 or 6 19 year olds that will be back next year. There might be an opportunity there.

patsdude114
03-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Michael Stone prob wont even be back in the WHL next year & if by chance he is that would be an untouchable on Calgary's 20 yr olds. Like it or hate it the Hitmen will be good next year again just cuz of how they are coached. The Hitmen are like the WKs in that way they just never go away no matter if there not expected to be strong.

The Pats definately need to add a 20 yr old for next season heck bring in 2 & make it a battle. I agree Toomey would look great in a Pats jersey but i think Mollenken would have to have brain surgery before he dealt him away.

Next season Bell is going to be a STUD on our blueline, the kid has improved all season long. I think he is 1 of a few players on our team that has learned from his mistakes this year. Which is going to make him tha tmuch better in the long run. I think Spooner will be good Dman as well nothing flashy but i think he can be that guy that goes in under the radar & just plays is smooth. Hopfully Borstmayer grows into his body abit more this summer, he is very clumsy which happens to alot of kids when there body grows so fast.

I agree Favreau has been playing alot better as of late, guy just has no luck at all. He hasnt lived up to any of the expectations that was put on him when the Pats drafted him. I think alot of that has to do with he just wasnt ready for the WHL last season, & lost alot of development by it. Favreau should of been playing big minutes in AAA with beardy last year i think it would of made him a different player then he is today.

I dont agree with having 16 yr old kids in the WHL rotting away on the 4th line. Unless the 16 yr old can make a difference & is a huge stand out in training camp they should be sent back down to AAA for more ice time. Practiceing does help with a players development, u can call the player up from time to time during the year to see where he is at with the WHL level if he can make the difference say after xmas by all means keep him. I think Borstmayer should of been in AAA this season, the ice time would of helped him alot. For every Bell & Weal (last year eastern conference rookie of the year) there r 10 Favreau's/Borstmayer's that need more time to season in AAA.

witness
03-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Saskatoon has 6 non Euros that can come back next year.
Acolatse will not likely come back
Patterson has a spot
McNaught, maybe. Lorne really likes the guy and he fits into Mollekin's style of play
Zahn, in my mind has the other spot
So that would leave maybe one spot for either Toomey, Boyer or McNaught.

I think there is a spot for 16 year olds on the 4th line, even if they only play 6 or 7 shifts a game. The biggest thing is that they need to play at least once a week. It is a huge adjustment for these kids from playing 45 - 50 games a season to 75 - 80 games. Some are more ready than others, but it does take it's toll. And they will be better prepared for the grind as 17 year olds.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I dont see Saskatoon trading us any of their good 20s, since we face them so often in the year. Plus Zahn and Toomey are douchebags, I dont want them. Maybe they would trade Mcnaught to a division rival since hes just a goon, but though we need a goon, we probably dont need one as a 20.

Im open to getting Schmidt from Tri City, since we need a mean defenceman with a big shot and that is capable in offensive situations(another year with McColm would be perfect but that just isnt possible)though it wont be cheap. A mid pick and a prospect should get it done.

Id also inquire about Foucoult from Calgary. If we can get him for cheap since he didnt have a great season this year, then why not...

lordstanley
03-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Saskatoon has 6 non Euros that can come back next year.
Acolatse will not likely come back
Patterson has a spot
McNaught, maybe. Lorne really likes the guy and he fits into Mollekin's style of play
Zahn, in my mind has the other spot
So that would leave maybe one spot for either Toomey, Boyer or McNaught.

I think there is a spot for 16 year olds on the 4th line, even if they only play 6 or 7 shifts a game. The biggest thing is that they need to play at least once a week. It is a huge adjustment for these kids from playing 45 - 50 games a season to 75 - 80 games. Some are more ready than others, but it does take it's toll. And they will be better prepared for the grind as 17 year olds.

Rumour is Viedensky is gonna be like Kytnar this year and come back Viedensky has been drafted but not signed to me Acolatse is better on defense than Zahn is and skates better can fight nad is way more offensive so my guess for 20's would be

Viedensky
Patterson
Acolatse

If you guys could land a vet like Zahn or Toomey you would be laughing